IGNORED

One for Matt - and his list!

Bristol Rob

Hi @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Just wondering how the list was progressing and where we are with things.

Numerous thing on there by now, from cold hand dryers to free away travel.

So rather than hoping/expecting you to remember where the list is at, and for you to remember which thread dragged something to your attention, thought it might be helpful for you to have a thread where you could feedback on specific issues.

Sure posters various have engaged with you and can link to their various questions.

Hi Matt

just wondering if any options have ever been discussed for more flexible seating for wheelchair ST holders and their Carers.

As far as I’m aware, the seating is always in pairs, even though it might alternate, e.g. Wheelchair 1, Carer 1, Carer 2, Wheelchair 2, Wheelchair 3, etc.

At MK Dons, they had flexible seats so you could have Wheelchair, Carer, Friend, or even Wheelchair, Carer, Friend, Friend.  This allows a bit of flexibility for family groups or friend groups to sit together.

I am certainly grateful for City’s policy re free Carer, but sometimes I wanna take my Dad, and although I buy him a ticket in a non-Wheelchair area, it’s pot luck whether there’s a free Carer seat in our area, not being used....Plus it means he’s sat away from us.

Cheers

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Matt

just wondering if any options have ever been discussed for more flexible seating for wheelchair ST holders and their Carers.

As far as I’m aware, the seating is always in pairs, even though it might alternate, e.g. Wheelchair 1, Carer 1, Carer 2, Wheelchair 2, Wheelchair 3, etc.

At MK Dons, they had flexible seats so you could have Wheelchair, Carer, Friend, or even Wheelchair, Carer, Friend, Friend.  This allows a bit of flexibility for family groups or friend groups to sit together.

I am certainly grateful for City’s policy re free Carer, but sometimes I wanna take my Dad, and although I buy him a ticket in a non-Wheelchair area, it’s pot luck whether there’s a free Carer seat in our area, not being used....Plus it means he’s sat away from us.

Cheers

Great suggestion, should be implemented (and really, probably should've been considered in the development)

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in the now infamous list! It was 43 pages long of fan feedback, but it's now up to 56 pages, so there is plenty to be working on and it keeps on growing! The feedback has been a mixed bag of ideas/suggestions that have been bought up on the forum many time before, as well as some new ideas too. 

I've been categorising each piece of feedback into generic areas such as stadium operations, ticketing, etc and then sub categorising further, so under transport that is split further down into parking, park & ride, trains, CATS.

I’m now identifying the teams across the football club, Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Ltd who are responsible for each of these area. I’ll be setting up meetings with them, with the aim to understand where we currently are, the challenges around each of the issues and how we can move forward and look to find a solution or understand why somethings may not be possible.  

Some progress to date:

• I have also worked in conjunction with Section 82 and Supporter Club & Trust in delivering the flag display against Manchester City. 
  • I have been working with departments across Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate to reinstate the bricks that were purchased in 2005 on the new Wedlock Wall this summer.
  • I’ve been looking at what the club can do to recognise fans and hopefully everyone will have seen the bits we have been doing for different fans over the past few months, such as Jerry on coach 2.
  • I have also been working with Ashton Gate Ltd and First Bus to add additional busses on the Portway & Brislington Park & Ride routes post-match.  
  • I have also been present at the January & February Supporter Club & Trust meeting as well as attending FAN.
  • I have also been creating away game reviews where I look at how opposition clubs are set up and bring back key learnings/best practice to share with the teams across the football club, Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Ltd.

Things do take time and not everything will be able to be fixed immediately, but I am listening and noting everything down. Furthermore, there are some things that may not be solved and sometimes I will have to communicate decisions that may not always be popular, but in doing so I will be able to help explain the rationale behind them. I will keep feeding back in and working to help create a club we can all be proud of as fans. 

Matt 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Hi Matt

Cheers

Hi @Davefevs

I haven't had that come into me yet but will add to the list. Have you mentioned it to Gareth Torpy  who is the club DLO? 

Matt 

3 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all,

Thanks for the interest in the now infamous list! It was 43 pages long of fan feedback, but it's now up to 56 pages, so there is plenty to be working on and it keeps on growing! The feedback has been a mixed bag of ideas/suggestions that have been bought up on the forum many time before, as well as some new ideas too. 

I've been categorising each piece of feedback into generic areas such as stadium operations, ticketing, etc and then sub categorising further, so under transport that is split further down into parking, park & ride, trains, CATS.

I’m now identifying the teams across the football club, Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Ltd who are responsible for each of these area. I’ll be setting up meetings with them, with the aim to understand where we currently are, the challenges around each of the issues and how we can move forward and look to find a solution or understand why somethings may not be possible.  

Some progress to date:

• I have also worked in conjunction with Section 82 and Supporter Club & Trust in delivering the flag display against Manchester City. 
  • I have been working with departments across Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate to reinstate the bricks that were purchased in 2005 on the new Wedlock Wall this summer.
  • I’ve been looking at what the club can do to recognise fans and hopefully everyone will have seen the bits we have been doing for different fans over the past few months, such as Jerry on coach 2.
  • I have also been working with Ashton Gate Ltd and First Bus to add additional busses on the Portway & Brislington Park & Ride routes post-match.  
  • I have also been present at the January & February Supporter Club & Trust meeting as well as attending FAN.
  • I have also been creating away game reviews where I look at how opposition clubs are set up and bring back key learnings/best practice to share with the teams across the football club, Bristol Sport and Ashton Gate Ltd.

Things do take time and not everything will be able to be fixed immediately, but I am listening and noting everything down. Furthermore, there are some things that may not be solved and sometimes I will have to communicate decisions that may not always be popular, but in doing so I will be able to help explain the rationale behind them. I will keep feeding back in and working to help create a club we can all be proud of as fans. 

Matt 

SLO we've always dreamt of. Think I speak for all of OTIB when I say I'd crawl through your U-bend just to suck the sweat off one of your pubes.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

SLO we've always dreamt of. Think I speak for all of OTIB when I say I'd crawl through your U-bend just to suck the sweat off one of your pubes.

...Wouldn’t go that far personally but yes I agree he’s doing a very good job and it’s really nice to know we’ve got someone dedicated to the role.

Could you look in to the over zealous stewards in section 82 area and the insane checking of tickets , checked at bottom of steps , up a few steps , checked again ,  then comes half time then repeat walking past same stewards who checked you . Although  last game left season card in coat on seat. Which caused  problems ! 

I understand kind of why it’s done , the novelty’s worn off of sneaking into section 82 , I take my lad and is safe , no overcrowding . Why not look into expanding then we won’t have this problem ! 

40 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I have also been working with Ashton Gate Ltd and First Bus to add additional busses on the Portway & Brislington Park & Ride routes post-match.

Hi Matt - ...... and the possibility of using the Long Ashton Park & Ride as either a "Park & Ride" or "Park & Walk". Maybe linked up with the opening of the MetroBus.

• Admin
59 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

This is just so wrong, you definitely don’t speak for me and I guess Matt is now more than a little concerned.....

Seriously though well done Matt, clubs been crying out for an SLO, just don't know why someone wasn't appointed sooner. Really felt for Adam Baker last season, seemed like he was working 23 hours a day.

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

This could be the grimmest thing I've ever read on here. 

Well then I'm not trying hard enough!

1 hour ago, Red Grovesy said:

Hi Matt - ...... and the possibility of using the Long Ashton Park & Ride as either a "Park & Ride" or "Park & Walk". Maybe linked up with the opening of the MetroBus.

Hello,

It probably wont surprise you that  LA P&R is on the list to be discussed. Coming from Nailsea, I understand how this help fans who live in North Somerset and beyond. 

Matt

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

No mention on the crap tannoy sound in the Dolman...............:facepalm:

I think everyone is aware that the sound system need to be improved in the Dolman. Its not an easy fix during the season, so will be something that is looked at in the close season. All of us wants it to be the best it can be. 

Are you around on Saturday? I'll pop up to your seat on Saturday so I can listen to the tannoy from where you are.

Matt 

5 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

I think everyone is aware that the sound system need to be improved in the Dolman. Its not an easy fix during the season, so will be something that is looked at in the close season. All of us wants it to be the best it can be. 

Are you around on Saturday? I'll pop up to your seat on Saturday so I can listen to the tannoy from where you are.

Matt 

:clap:

2 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi @Davefevs

I haven't had that come into me yet but will add to the list. Have you mentioned it to Gareth Torpy  who is the club DLO? 

Matt 

Yes, I have mentioned to GT informally (on way to a Flyers match!).  If you need any more info, please let me know. 

8 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt 

The sound system is perfectly clear inside the disabled toilets in WC Section A4. If my son times it correctly I can hear LJ, Macca and Deano’s Pre-match team selection clear as s bell!!!

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt 

I'll be in the SC&T bar before the game as well. You can ask Dolls to point me out.

3 hours ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Matt 

Beware that whilst occupying that particular area of the stadium, you’re likely to hear a repetitive, irritating drone!

Archived