IGNORED

One for Matt - and his list!

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Super said:

Has anyone heard from Robbored?! 

I've just got in from AG,  after a stopping off at my buddies place to watch England V Wales second half followed by Ealing v Bristol on Sky. Two good rugby results.

I met with Matt in the SC bar as planned. Nice enough bloke but could offer any practical help having acknowledged the sound issues. All he can do is pass it to MKelly (remember him)..........:facepalm: so it was all a bit pointless.

Forgot to rake a selfie of us tho but Dolls introduced us so can act as a witness.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've just got in from AG,  after a stopping off at my buddies place to watch England V Wales second half followed by Ealing v Bristol on Sky. Two good rugby results.

I met with Matt in the SC bar as planned. Nice enough bloke but could offer any practical help having acknowledged the sound issues. All he can do is pass it to MKelly (remember him)..........:facepalm: so it was all a bit pointless.

Forgot to rake a selfie of us tho but Dolls introduced us so can act as a witness.

Similar (I'm guessing) to the tanoy in S32 of the Dolman, it's so incomprehensible it's untrue.

@Arthur Daley possibly had a 'visit the Dolman exit message, his Doris ( @Dollymarie ) texted him to suggests that he might be required, but half a dozen others picked up a different name.... 

So if it can't work for stand alone messages, it comes as no surprise that the people they interviewed at half time were 'the best part of silent'.

Get the idea @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO that summer is the best time to work on the PA system, but an empty stadium is never going to give you the points of reference you need to get it sorted.

Either say 'We have a crap PA, and we don't have the budget or desire to fix It' - or agree that for large areas of the stadium it doesn't work and it is a priority.

Just want to point out that the sound at Man City away worked, if you need someone to approach.

Hi all, 

I can confirm I met @Robbored on Saturday. Turns out he lives across the road from my nan so I will be able to pop in for a cuppa now too. Small world.  

@Bristol Rob Just on the Man City away sound. I came back to the office the next day following the trip to the Etihad stadium and fed back about how great the sound was in the away end too. When we asked Man City about their set up and what equipment they had installed, they said that we were currently reviewing it, because despite it being good in that part of the ground it is really patchy in other parts. They also said it was a brand new system that had had installed at the stadium too. 

Everyone this end is aware of how bad the sound is and the relevant team are looking at what could replace the legacy equipment in the Dolman. I will keep on asking the question on behalf of all fans in the Dolman, and whenever I get any updates I will let you know. This wont be coming off my list until it is sorted. 

Glad you liked Unfinished Sympathy @Tomarse I thought it sounded great in that slot and have asked for it to remain there for all future matches. 

Matt 

6 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

I can confirm I met @Robbored on Saturday. Turns out he lives across the road from my nan so I will be able to pop in for a cuppa now too. Small world.  

@Bristol Rob Just on the Man City away sound. I came back to the office the next day following the trip to the Etihad stadium and fed back about how great the sound was in the away end too. When we asked Man City about their set up and what equipment they had installed, they said that we were currently reviewing it, because despite it being good in that part of the ground it is really patchy in other parts. They also said it was a brand new system that had had installed at the stadium too. 

Everyone this end is aware of how bad the sound is and the relevant team are looking at what could replace the legacy equipment in the Dolman. I will keep on asking the question on behalf of all fans in the Dolman, and whenever I get any updates I will let you know. This wont be coming off my list until it is sorted. 

Glad you liked Unfinished Sympathy @Tomarse I thought it sounded great in that slot and have asked for it to remain there for all future matches. 

Matt 

Thanks Matt.

Shame it's such a recurring issue, but with the stadium being so much nice these days than it was pre redevelopment any defects are more obvious.

Rob

On the PA thing.

One idea might be to email fans, and in particular season ticket holders with some kind of offer- extra discounts, perhaps x free pints or coffees to come to AG to do a proper testing as if it was a match...even though it isn't.

Because the PA system would become really important in any sort of emergency situation for example- and if people cannot hear it clearly...In general the PA doesn't bother me too much but there are situations where a scratchy PA system could be very dodgy, and as @Bristol Rob rightly says, testing it in an empty stadium doesn't offer a full picture. Dry run on a non match-day basically is the only way it'll be got right...an empty ground? May as well not bother.

38 minutes ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

Hi Matt,

The lower Lansdown PA is poor as well. I couldn't hear a word of the interview Downsy did at half time. I was told it was with Bradley Lowerys family. I assume the whole PA system will be looked at (not just the Dolman).

PS I only live round the corner from your mum and dad - you are also welcome to pop in for a cuppa!

PPS I also loved Unfinished Sympathy :-)

I thought we could have a game of guess the name of the person asked to contact the nearest steward. I’m guessing somebody Lowe, people with me thought it was Greene. Am I close, what do I win @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO.

Watford had a crystal clean PA system too from what I remember. And they had put it into a reveveloped ground. They  are possibly more in our budget than ManC, although if ManC rip theirs out and start again do we get first dibs. :whistle:

Can I add my agreement re the poor lower lansdown sound as well.  Can’t understand any of the interviews, sound is distorted to the point you can’t even guess at what is being said.   For example whatever was said in the interview at half time was a total mystery.  It earned applause from the south stand who obviously could hear and understand and when I asked those around me if they had heard what is was for they also said they couldn’t understand a word of it either and haven’t all season.   

Its good to know investigations to resolve are ongoing.  Surely this problem could be construed to a certain extent as a health and safety issue as instructions to say evacuate the stadium in an emergency would not be heard and understood and should therefore be given some priority to resolve.  There is a difference between sound distortion and not understanding a word of it.  

DQ

1 hour ago, Matt Parsons BCFCSLO said:

Hi all, 

Matt 

I bet she already knew all about the Dolman PA System.

4 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO This has been asked before, but could subtitles not be added for prerecorded stuff on the big screens and important tannoy announcements. Might have some hope of understanding the content then.

Otherwise the club may as well not bother showing the interviews because they are indecipherable. 

And can we have the subs put up when they`re made too? Not so much for us but unless you have an in depth knowledge of what a particular Brentford player looks like you`ve got no idea what they`re doing.

41 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And can we have the subs put up when they`re made too? Not so much for us but unless you have an in depth knowledge of what a particular Brentford player looks like you`ve got no idea what they`re doing.

I know it's a different scale, but Man City had a whole fancy graphic made up and on their screen in time for each sub being made... we struggle to even announce them (didn't we have two QPR subs at the same time as one of ours a fortnight ago and we just ignored the 2nd QPR sub completely because we read out ours instead).

17 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO This has been asked before, but could subtitles not be added for prerecorded stuff on the big screens and important tannoy announcements. Might have some hope of understanding the content then.

Otherwise the club may as well not bother showing the interviews because they are indecipherable. 

Morning,

Let me ask the question for you. It would definitely help in the short term until the PA is sorted. 

Matt

Probably the wrong place to direct this but is there any chance of someone who has a fleeting interest in football reading out the teamsheets, or at least the announcer having a practice run and actually asking someone who does know, how names are pronounced? 

Minor niggle I know but it’s embarassing to hear half the opposition team completely mispronounced. 

13 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Probably the wrong place to direct this but is there any chance of someone who has a fleeting interest in football reading out the teamsheets, or at least the announcer having a practice run and actually asking someone who does know, how names are pronounced? 

Minor niggle I know but it’s embarassing to hear half the opposition team completely mispronounced. 

Remember the home game against man city, he just completely missed maggys name out even though he started....

On 12/02/2018 at 15:22, Dolman Queen said:

Can I add my agreement re the poor lower lansdown sound as well.  Can’t understand any of the interviews, sound is distorted to the point you can’t even guess at what is being said.   For example whatever was said in the interview at half time was a total mystery.  It earned applause from the south stand who obviously could hear and understand and when I asked those around me if they had heard what is was for they also said they couldn’t understand a word of it either and haven’t all season.   

Its good to know investigations to resolve are ongoing.  Surely this problem could be construed to a certain extent as a health and safety issue as instructions to say evacuate the stadium in an emergency would not be heard and understood and should therefore be given some priority to resolve.  There is a difference between sound distortion and not understanding a word of it.  

DQ

I sit in the South Stand and clapped because everyone else clapped. Didn't know what I was clapping for. I thought I heard someone had cycled from Ashton Gate to Stadium of Light, but that was it.

Archived