IGNORED

New England Kits

SARJ

24 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

I don’t know if it’s “represented by colours” as such, more that the logo forms the crest of the England football team and thus some colour is taken from that to inform the kit.

Not sure it’s a massive statement or anything... unless you disagree with the three lions?

You are sounding a bit desperate! The three lions aren’t on our flag, our flag is a red cross on a white background .....our kit should be red and white....

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You are sounding a bit desperate! The three lions aren’t on our flag, our flag is a red cross on a white background .....our kit should be red and white....

Stop being so bloody argumentative, you know exactly what she means, and at least it has some logic to it.

As for the training kit, that looks nice....but I’m too old for footie kits.  If it was a t-shirt or polo shirt, I would Be tempted, but that shiny material isn’t a good look for us no-longer young types....imho.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Haha, I’m just explaining where the blue comes from. I know it’s not on our flag, but it’s on our crest. Not saying it’s right or wrong, was just trying to help.

And hence it was a genuine question if you disagree with the three lions - you may well do, and that’s fine.

10 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

Haha, I’m just explaining where the blue comes from. I know it’s not on our flag, but it’s on our crest. Not saying it’s right or wrong, was just trying to help.

And hence it was a genuine question if you disagree with the three lions - you may well do, and that’s fine.

A Palace fan has emailed the FA to ask the same question as me and the response they got was that our international players are selected to ‘represent the FA’ and the FA is ‘under no obligation to follow the flag when choosing colours.’

Interesting, so technically a player hasn’t been called up to play for their country, just to play for its football association. And we could play in any combination of colours chosen by the FA.

Thanks for the exchange of views though RY - and happy Friday to you!

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

A Palace fan has emailed the FA to ask the same question as me and the response they got was that our international players are selected to ‘represent the FA’ and the FA is ‘under no obligation to follow the flag when choosing colours.’

Interesting, so technically a player hasn’t been called up to play for their country, just to play for its football association. And we could play in any combination of colours chosen by the FA.

Thanks for the exchange of views though RY - and happy Friday to you!

That is interesting, although I suppose it makes sense. The ECB do the whole blue thing too with the three lions, however England hockey also have the three lions but have golden lions on a red shield. They play in red and white.

That said I prefer white and navy as it is what I associate us playing in and we have done for nearly 150 years now. As you said in an earlier post, we're not alone in playing in a colour not on our flag. I completely understand your view as it make sense logically, but sentimentally I'm too attached to the White and Blue.

5 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Will be worm for the 3 games they will play at the World Cup then binned for new design in the winter no doubt

I've still got the 2002 away shirt.  We got five games - quite heavy wear  - getting to the quarters.

Apart from the Umbro logo, the shirt looks close enough to use again.  Not confident the team will get as far with the mighty Panama in the way

From the Telegraph!

£65 for a shirt by the looks of it, ummmmm thanks but no thanks!

England’s new replica kits will be their most expensive ever at almost £110, Telegraph Sport can reveal. Despite the Football Association stating after its launch that the cost of the home-and-away strips released ahead of this summer’s World Cup would not be revealed until they went on sale next month, Nike divulged to Telegraph Sport what it called its “suggested retail price”.That is almost 10 per cent higher than the £101 the current kit cost when it was released two years ago.The new shirt is set to retail for just under £65, up £5, the shorts for just under £30, up £2, and the socks for just under £15, also up £2. Once again, Nike will also produce what it calls “match” shirts and shorts, which are identical to those worn by the players and are said to be superior quality to its replica “stadium” products.The “match” shirt and shorts remain at just under £90 and £55, respectively, the same as currently, although the £15 socks mean an entire kit now costs almost £160.

4 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

From the Telegraph!

England’s new replica kits will be their most expensive ever at almost £110, Telegraph Sport can reveal. Despite the Football Association stating after its launch that the cost of the home-and-away strips released ahead of this summer’s World Cup would not be revealed until they went on sale next month, Nike divulged to Telegraph Sport what it called its “suggested retail price”.That is almost 10 per cent higher than the £101 the current kit cost when it was released two years ago.The new shirt is set to retail for just under £65, up £5, the shorts for just under £30, up £2, and the socks for just under £15, also up £2. Once again, Nike will also produce what it calls “match” shirts and shorts, which are identical to those worn by the players and are said to be superior quality to its replica “stadium” products.The “match” shirt and shorts remain at just under £90 and £55, respectively, the same as currently, although the £15 socks mean an entire kit now costs almost £160.

Who the ***** got the money to waste on that? Additionally, what kind of grown adult buys a replica kit? Dangers.

5 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

From the Telegraph!

What a rip off! Wait till we go out then get it for £20.

Archived