IGNORED

Liverpool coming to town...

spudski

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....next Tuesday evening at the Gate.

U23's....Liverpool usually play a couple first teamers, and 'our own' Herbie Kane.

Might be worth a watch to see how our very young development players, that aren't out on loan are progressing.

I presume it will be free?

Good man, I had no idea.  Will definitely go to watch as I never get the chance to see our younger players.

1 hour ago, spudski said:

....next Tuesday evening at the Gate.

U23's....Liverpool usually play a couple first teamers, and 'our own' Herbie Kane.

Might be worth a watch to see how our very young development players, that aren't out on loan are progressing.

I presume it will be free?

Very interested in this. Any idea on what stand(s) are open, is it free entry or tickets etc?

51 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Memories of 1977

Bristol City 2 - 1 Liverpool

IMG_7177.PNG

what a night that was, Chris Garland I recall scored both.

just a few days before that rather infamous game at Coventry.

I believe this game was a week after Liverpool had won the European Cup.

Great and happy times indeed

I intend to go next Tuesday and hope that we play as strong a team as possible. Lloyd Kelly, Eliason, Walsh, Wollacott, Engvall to name some. Some of the loanees to sides lower than National League may also be able to play like Ash Harper and possibly Pisano as an overage to get some match fitness.

Ir will be interesting to see

1 hour ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

that steel fence at the front of the EE, however I remember the wooden one that was there that got demolished after the Pompy promotion game

It was a steel fence when I first went to Ashton Gate in April 1950 and I was pressed up against it. It was still there until the Covered End was turned into all seating.

Yep, iron railings all round the ground on my debut just a couple of years after your good self. Could have been the advertising boards or the half time score board ( was it still there at this time? ) that BW was imagining as a lot of these had wooden frames fixed to the railings.

Seems when it comes to recalling past misdemeanours the reports get grossly exaggerated on here. A bit like the older I get the better a player I was!

4 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I was in that. The EE WAS packed. 38000 my ass. It was so tight you couldn't get ya fags out ya pocket. 

Loads used to sneak in.....or give the gateman a few bob :whistle:

If you look at the gaps at the back, they had to put cross bars in to stop so many getting in free.

Archived