IGNORED

Cole Skuse

The Dolman Pragmatist

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

What are you waffling on about? If Skuse gets his relevant badges and is then seen as being an asset to the clubs backroom staff then maybe, as for now i am sure Mr Skuse is a way off from that position so any talk of him being anything to do with this clubs coaching team is premature to the extreme.

If it's still available go back and listen to LJs interview before the away game at Portman Rd.

It tells you all you want to know.

5 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Weird thread but maybe the first time I have totally agreed with Robbored and davfevs so will add a comment that is; anyone who says he was awful never watched him live on a regular basis.

He was a class act and his number of appearances in The Championship show that whilst City were in league 1.

I hope Lj has a good relationship with him but I have no idea. I know for sure Gary J didn't want to keep Skuse at BS3 as it threatened further a place in the team for his son.

Hopefully Lj will still be in charge when Skuse is next available to return West. Like Tinman and Carey they are BCFC at heart which matters to me.

Anyone go to Leicester for Cole's contribution to the 'S' hatrick; Sproul, Skuse, Sno? A stunning goal in a stunning win from a truly consistent classy midfielder. Shouldn't ever mention injured O'Neil nor unproven Hegeler in the same thread/breath.

4 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Weird thread but maybe the first time I have totally agreed with Robbored and davfevs so will add a comment that is; anyone who says he was awful never watched him live on a regular basis.

He was a class act and his number of appearances in The Championship show that whilst City were in league 1.

I hope Lj has a good relationship with him but I have no idea. I know for sure Gary J didn't want to keep Skuse at BS3 as it threatened further a place in the team for his son.

Hopefully Lj will still be in charge when Skuse is next available to return West. Like Tinman and Carey they are BCFC at heart which matters to me.

Anyone go to Leicester for Cole's contribution to the 'S' hatrick; Sproul, Skuse, Sno? A stunning goal in a stunning win from a truly consistent classy midfielder. Shouldn't ever mention injured O'Neil nor unproven Hegeler in the same thread/breath.

Picking up on your last point have city ever  scored 3 better goals in one match?

ivan showed unbelievable skill and control and the emotion after it was spine tingling

Skuse's strike from distance was unstoppable

Sno's goal on the break at speed was the icing on the cake for a memorable night!

Skuse was  a great player but not sure I would want him back now but I value his contribution and wish him well. 

I'm sorry but it would be a retrograde step to have him back here.

For where we want to be we have to be looking at, or demanding that the midfield players have a far bigger influence than a Cole Skuse.

He moved on to better things with Ipswich when we got relegated, now we have moved on.

A lovely bloke, but we must go forward, We can't go backwards or sideways . .  like his passing.

On 9 February 2018 at 21:18, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Have to agree with you I think he got away with more being a local lad.

This happens with a lot of Bristol area born City players and I understand it but don't agree with it. You'll quite often hear an average non-Bristol player get slated (e.g. Diony yesterday from where I was) but a player from Bristol who was as average or worse get nothing but praise. 

On 9 February 2018 at 21:29, Robbored said:

It's a good job a succession of City managers who played Skuse every game with  MM doing the same at Ipswich don't share your view.............:disapointed2se:

I actually looked into this as at face value I thought that must be wrong, but he did indeed play quite a lot of games for a number of managers.

They must've seen something in him I didn't as I thought he was incredibly poor and always thought we looked better without him. He wasn't even one of those players who I thought was pretty average but we did miss when they didn't play. 

I'll reiterate my point though that I know from personal experience on a few things he is a very decent man however. 

Whether he'd be any good as a coach at City I don't know but I'd like to think we've moved on and so has he.

4 minutes ago, One Team said:

I actually looked into this as at face value I thought that must be wrong, but he did indeed play quite a lot of games for a number of managers.

Because they're professional managers who know a good player when they see one

They must've seen something in him I didn't as I thought he was incredibly poor and always thought we looked better without him. He wasn't even one of those players who I thought was pretty average but we did miss when they didn't play. 

Because you're not a manager 

I'll reiterate my point though that I know from personal experience on a few things he is a very decent man however. 

He is indeed.

Whether he'd be any good as a coach at City I don't know but I'd like to think we've moved on and so has he.       

Moved on? He's just signed a two year deal with the Tractor Boys. He won't be joining the coaching team at City just yet but when he does he'll be an excellent addition to the backroom staff.

On 09/02/2018 at 22:40, joe jordans teeth said:

That he did,but results show Benny was a awful manager FACT

Benny was never supposed to be our manager though. He was to come in and help John Ward with coaching. Benny had a good background with the Swedish national team. John Ward didn't want him as he wanted Ray Harford so threw teddy out the pram and quit. All this left Benny in charge when he didn't want to be.

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 10:46, Robbored said:

His contribution at City unfortunately went unappreciated by many fans. Always a class player but I'm disappointed he signed a new  deal with the Tractor Boys. I was hoping he'd resign for City in the summer.

Hmm, consistency is everything in this game RR,  your continued interest in this ex City player is in sharp contrast with your oft stated position regarding such players .... 

Is this the exception that proves the rule ?  ... Or is there another Ex-Skuse for your glaring inconsistency Mr R ? 

(PS .. I too liked CS ..the guy quietly went about his business and for the most part did it well, the calm efficiency and lack of too much drama probably accounts for many overlooking his contribution...

True towards the end of his time here performances seemed to fade/stagnate, so was probably right for all concerned that we parted company (hopefully with best wishes & no hard feelings) when we did. The time was right. )

We'll that's my ExSkuse anyway and I'm sticking with it! !  :) 

17 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

450 games at professional level. How people can describe players as awful at this level is beyond me. 

This is otib so you'll see plenty of puzzling comments like some posters who couldn't understand what  Skuse brings to a team.

Archived