IGNORED

Prediction and team for today.

barneyrubble

Frankie(if fit)wright flint Magnússon bryan brownhill Pack smith Paterson Reid fammy for me. I'm sure this team (with the exception of baker missing) must have won us the most points this season and that's what we have to get back to) Need a win today I'm going for us to win 2-1, Diony with the winner off the bench

42 minutes ago, YoungRed said:

Frankie(if fit)wright flint Magnússon bryan brownhill Pack smith Paterson Reid fammy for me. I'm sure this team (with the exception of baker missing) must have won us the most points this season and that's what we have to get back to) Need a win today I'm going for us to win 2-1, Diony with the winner off the bench

Kent to start Paterson not, would be my guess.

Steele in goal.

As for my Sunderland pre-match post I think we might go 3 at the back today.  

Steele / Fielding

Wright, Flint, Magnússon 

Brownhill, Smith, Pack, Walsh, Bryan

Reid, Diedhiou 

There is of course a rumour that one of our strikers is injured but I didn’t understand @KITR’s cryptic post about whether Is was one of our two starters or not. 

So many factors to consider, Sunderland's league position and their desperate fight for points, our poor form in 2018; the fact we need a good win to restore morale.

What are the chances of it all to clicking for us today and a resounding city win?

Here's hoping (and expecting) for a 3-0 win.

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Going on our form against teams that come to stifle us, I think we're in for a long afternoon .  The full backs have to step up today.

Think they go three at the back?? Which we struggle with..could be another tricky day at the office.

Let's get around that Cattermole and gee him up!....red card king.

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Think Diony will start today unless he’s injured. 

I think he’ll go

Steele

Wright, Flint, Magnússon, Bryan

Brownhill, Smith, Pack, Kent

Diony, Diedhiou

(I’m making a wild guess it’s Reid who’s injured)

I also predict Pisano on the bench 

It's the best kept secret in football- the mystery of the injured City striker. I'm not sure what the club would have to gain from this.

Unless , of course, it's just typical otib with a cryptic comment from someone clearly (N)ITK?

3 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Think they go three at the back?? Which we struggle with..could be another tricky day at the office.

Let's get around that Cattermole and gee him up!....red card king.

7 times in 271 games , surprised me that 

https://www.premierleague.com/players/2949/Lee-Cattermole/stats

22 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he’ll go

Steele

Diony, Diedhiou

I like this team I like it a lot

8 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Fingers crossed then. On the three at the back we could maybe match them up , but a right sided wing back is the issue . Brownhill..?

Yep...Brownhill has the legs for it..needs to watch that space behind him mind,that's the concern..can see him getting sucked in a bit.

8 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think Steel in goal, Paterson rest. Eliasson starting? Think its time for him, good passes in to the box. Will be interesing to see how we will play today, thinking of Bolton game. We will make it, 2-0 City. Always believe, COYR!!!

Would be good to see Eliasson get some time, and a performance for us fans who’ve seen little of him.

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

As for my Sunderland pre-match post I think we might go 3 at the back today.  

Steele / Fielding

Wright, Flint, Magnússon 

Brownhill, Smith, Pack, Walsh, Bryan

Reid, Diedhiou 

There is of course a rumour that one of our strikers is injured but I didn’t understand @KITR’s cryptic post about whether Is was one of our two starters or not. 

56 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he’ll go

Steele

Diony, Diedhiou

38 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's the best kept secret in football- the mystery of the injured City striker. I'm not sure what the club would have to gain from this.

Unless , of course, it's just typical otib with a cryptic comment from someone clearly (N)ITK?

OK as it's natch day...I understand Diony won't feature today as he's had the flu

Reckon he'll go...

----------------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Smith---------------------Flint------------------------------Wright----------------------------Bryan

Brownhill-------------Walsh-------------------------------------Pack-------------------------Kent

------------------------------------------Reid--------------Pato/Famara-------------------------------

My personal preference....

-----------------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Wright--------------------Flint------------------------------------Mags-------------------------Kelly

Brownhill------------Smith-----------------------------------------------Pack----------------Bryan

--------------------------------------------Reid-----------Pato----------------------------------------------

With the option to bring Famara, Kent and Eliasson on if changing to a more wider 'direct' play.

11 minutes ago, spudski said:

Reckon he'll go...

----------------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Smith---------------------Flint------------------------------Wright----------------------------Bryan

Brownhill-------------Walsh-------------------------------------Pack-------------------------Kent

------------------------------------------Reid--------------Pato/Famara-------------------------------

My personal preference....

-----------------------------------------------------Steele----------------------------------------------------

Wright--------------------Flint------------------------------------Mags-------------------------Kelly

Brownhill------------Smith-----------------------------------------------Pack----------------Bryan

--------------------------------------------Reid-----------Pato----------------------------------------------

With the option to bring Famara, Kent and Eliasson on if changing to a more wider 'direct' play.

Then I wish you were picking the side today! -much stronger with Korey in the middle.....looks a better balance by far-no way would I start with both Walsh & Kent.

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

KITR wouldn’t make something up. I’ve just read his later comment which indicates it isn’t necessarily a starter. 

Hope it’s not Diony, Woodrow maybe?

@spudski and @Robert the bruce - I really hope Smith is back in the midfield today.  Think he’s been more creative too this season, even getting 3 goals!  Plus his combination with Pack should not be underestimated.

Johnson has no need to play him RB.  He has Bailey Wright, and Magnússon to slot in alongside Flint.  We saw at Bolton, that Bailey on the left side of Flint takes something away from his game, and our ability to play quickly from the back.

Today is an opportunity to match Sunderland’s 352.  I wouldn’t normally do this, as I’d rather impose our 442/4411 on them, especially at home, and make them adapt.  But I can see it giving us opportunity to bring Walsh into a central Three and give him the scope to be the creative influence, and allow Browny (to quote Holden) and Bryan to play advanced in the expectation of getting service in behind a Matthews and Oviedo.

Think Johnson won’t do what I would though :P

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think he’ll go

Steele

Diony, Diedhiou

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

I like this team I like it a lot

Me too, although doubt Pisano will make the bench.

Whatever team LJ picks two MUSTs for me are Korey in CM, Pato rested. Would love to see Diony start.

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

KITR wouldn’t make something up. I’ve just read his later comment which indicates it isn’t necessarily a starter. 

Hope it’s not Diony, Woodrow maybe?

Well- it seems like Reid, Fammy, Gus, Woodrow and Diony weren't injured after all and it was indeed the ol' otib rumour mill.

13 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

OK as it's natch day...I understand Diony won't feature today as he's had the flu

Shame you were wrong!

Archived