IGNORED

Someone explain the greed to me. Please. Anyone?

EmersonsRed

3-0 up, 4 (maybe more?) chances to make it 4-0 and all 4 times wrong decisions taken.

Ryan Kent twice, shot across goal when open goal in middle and Patto through on left, shot into the defender.
Two others I can think of as well.

I don't ******* understand it. Players playing for personal glory. It's a team game. Absolutely embarrassing

19 minutes ago, EmersonsRed said:

3-0 up, 4 (maybe more?) chances to make it 4-0 and all 4 times wrong decisions taken.

Ryan Kent twice, shot across goal when open goal in middle and Patto through on left, shot into the defender.
Two others I can think of as well.

I don't ******* understand it. Players playing for personal glory. It's a team game. Absolutely embarrassing

Easy.

He thinks he is miles better than he really is.

Far too selfish.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kent is the only one who struck me as being greedy.

The others, certainly Diedhiou, seemed intent on giving Diony as many chances as possible.

A nice idea as he looks low on confidence, but resulted in us overplaying and the final pass getting cut out.

Because he’s not good enough! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Agreed. We are much worse team with Kent on the pitch. 

And Diony....!! He couldn’t get a game for Rovers..!

Diony had some good movement and positioning, but his confidence is shot

Had he swung his leg a fraction of a second later its a goal, but thats the type of mistake low confidence player makes.

1 minute ago, Sturny said:

Kent assisted a goal today. If there's a time to be selfish which all players do at one point it's when you're 3 up.

He obviously wasn't aware that we're Bristol city and 3-0 up means **** all 

Just demonstrates that he is not a team player. 2 on 1 and he can play Paterson through to score and he is selfish. There is no time to be selfish if he denies us a better opportunity to add to our goal tally, regardless of the scoreline at the time.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Had he swung his leg a fraction of a second later its a goal, but thats the type of mistake low confidence player makes.

I said this at the time of signing him, but at a time where we needed a goal scoring striker to add to Reid & Diedihou’s goals, we signed someone who hasn’t scored all season in another country. 

Cardiff signed Madine, Wolves signed Afobe, Derby signed Jerome. 

Absolutely enormous gamble given the position we were in on Jan 1st - exactly what we did in 07/08 and ultimately a huge factor in us not going up. Looks like we learnt F all from that. 

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I’m sure it is a confidence issue, but currently, he wouldn’t get a game for Yeovil, let alone be what we need. 

9 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

Just demonstrates that he is not a team player. 2 on 1 and he can play Paterson through to score and he is selfish. There is no time to be selfish if he denies us a better opportunity to add to our goal tally, regardless of the scoreline at the time.

He is a team player since the assist early on. I agree it was frustrating knowing the final result but when you're 3-0 at the 65th minute and totally dicking on the opponent you can hardly blame him for having a crack on goal! 

35 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Kent is the only one who struck me as being greedy.

The others, certainly Diedhiou, seemed intent on giving Diony as many chances as possible.

A nice idea as he looks low on confidence, but resulted in us overplaying and the final pass getting cut out.

You mean apart from his assist?

Garbage.

He’s young and won’t always make the right choice, but he’s always raw and scares defenders. He nearly always beats a man

some fans complain we try to walk it in and don’t shoot, and now some complain weee shooting... 

27 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You mean apart from his assist?

Garbage.

He’s young and won’t always make the right choice, but he’s always raw and scares defenders. He nearly always beats a man

some fans complain we try to walk it in and don’t shoot, and now some complain weee shooting... 

Eh, what you have read, and what I typed are not the same thing at all?

I wasn't being scathing, but out of anyone on the pitch there were certainly times where Kent was too greedy. I'm not saying he was shit, he looked dangerous at times, but his decision making was very poor in a couple of key moments. You've read far, far too deeply into what I said.

Unlike @Bar BS3, I'm not labelling any player as not good enough for a League 2 side.

Archived