IGNORED

Shocking game management

formerly known as ivan

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Yep. Its just disappointing as we tasted the top 4 and things were good

We are no where near good enough for top 6. Sadly the players bought in January have not bettered the squad and have been a waste

Hard to see it right now...but we have progressed. But any thoughts of us ending up in the top 6 need to be put to bed

Well we are in the top six so that’s clearly nonsense isn’t it. Cardiff, Fulham and Derby all drew as well. Presumably they’re also nowhere near good enough for the top six?

Crap day at the office but the hyperbole here is as wrong as it is predictable. 

3 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Ever since boxing day, (cup excluded) we've been frankly horse shit. It's embarrassing how woeful it's been this year, arguably relegation form... very worrying.

20180210_171732.png

Well atleast Leeds will inevetibly improve their record against us next Sunday!

next week will see us drop out of the top 6 and thats it for the season, for me. 

1 minute ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well we are in the top six so that’s clearly nonsense isn’t it. Cardiff, Fulham and Derby all drew as well. Presumably they’re also nowhere near good enough for the top six?

Its been a crap two months at the office tbf...

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Yep. Its just disappointing as we tasted the top 4 and things were good

We are no where near good enough for top 6. Sadly the players bought in January have not bettered the squad and have been a waste

Hard to see it right now...but we have progressed. But any thoughts of us ending up in the top 6 need to be put to bed

Kent has certainly improved the squad, 3 or 4 assists and drives forward at every opportunity. Not seen enough of the other 2 yet but perhaps not looking like the players we need for the challenge ahead, more players for the longer term. 

6 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Im not remotely fussed. Weve progressed loads which is great but so many people...including a majority on this forum...started getting far to cocky since all our exposure

We are a midtable team. Thats where we will end up

Sorry, that doesn't wash with me. We're not a mid-table team; we were consistently playing fantastic football in the first half of the season, hammering the likes of Derby and Fulham along the way. I think it's more down to Lee Johnson's inexperience that we've come unstuck in recent weeks.

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We wont be in the top 6 much longer the way things are going.

We.will soon see whos right 

(Braces himself for the predictable "its like you want us to fail" bollocks"

Nah...just realistic

2 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Sorry, that doesn't wash with me. We're not a mid-table team; we were consistently playing fantastic football in the first half of the season, hammering the likes of Derby and Fulham along the way. I think it's more down to Lee Johnson's inexperience that we've come unstuck in recent weeks.

Inexperience? Without googling it hes in his like 5-6th season as a manager. 

Just wish we’d kept with the same team until 60mins and we really would have been cruising then.

I understand he wanted to give Diony a good run out, but Bobby was superb first half, we were playing well, and there’s no midweek game to rest him for, so why bring him off at half time?

The joy of hindsight I suppose. Totally gutted today, but it’s only one result. 15 big games left. Three games coming up against ‘better’ opposition might be a blessing in disguise as we’ve struggled against lesser teams...

1 minute ago, GregoryGoodridge said:

Just wish we’d kept with the same team until 60mins and we really would have been cruising then.

I understand he wanted to give Diony a good run out, but Bobby was superb first half, we were playing well, and there’s no midweek game to rest him for, so why bring him off at half time?

The joy of hindsight I suppose. Totally gutted today, but it’s only one result. 15 big games left. Three games coming up against ‘better’ opposition might be a blessing in disguise as we’ve struggled against lesser teams...

In fairness I think Bobby took a knock in the first half which could have influenced the change.

17 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

We wont be in the top 6 much longer the way things are going.

We.will soon see whos right 

(Braces himself for the predictable "its like you want us to fail" bollocks"

Nah...just realistic

I really don’t care about scoring ‘told you so’ points. But I so take issue with bollocks statements like ‘nowhere good enough for top six’ when we’ve no been out of it all season. 

Will we go the distance? Who knows. But clearly nonsense to say we’re ‘nowhere good enough’. Only 5 teams in the league have been better than us so clearly we’re ‘near’ to good enough 

28 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

But any thoughts of us ending up in the top 6 need to be put to bed

I don't think we'll make it after today but this is ridiculous. We are IN the bloomin top six and have been since October.

Might it be more sensible to say that expectations should be revised and we should prepare for the likelyhood of missing out?

Reminds me of Derby away last year. 

Thank god we’re Bristol City and not Man City. Life would be so dull if we won every week, especially being 3-0 up at half time.

fact is we’re a young side, with a young coach and we make mistakes. We punched above our weight until Christmas. 

We’re 4 players short of a guaranteed top 6. RB, LB, CM and a proven Championship goal scorer.

It’s very easy to get caught up in the hubris of this season - maybe the players started to believe the hype.

they need a good hard look at themselves. If we finish in the play offs it will have been an amazing season. 

10 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

Reminds me of Derby away last year. 

Thank god we’re Bristol City and not Man City. Life would be so dull if we won every week, especially being 3-0 up at half time.

fact is we’re a young side, with a young coach and we make mistakes. We punched above our weight until Christmas. 

We’re 4 players short of a guaranteed top 6. RB, LB, CM and a proven Championship goal scorer.

It’s very easy to get caught up in the hubris of this season - maybe the players started to believe the hype.

they need a good hard look at themselves. If we finish in the play offs it will have been an amazing season. 

Bristol City's dramatic collapse was as remarkable and unexpected as Sunderland's late improbable revival - and came exactly a year to the day after they squandered a 3-0 half-time lead at Derby County to draw 3-3.‬

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I really don’t care about scoring ‘told you so’ points. But I so take issue with bollocks statements like ‘nowhere good enough for top six’ when we’ve no been out of it all season. 

Will we go the distance? Who knows. But clearly nonsense to say we’re ‘nowhere good enough’. Only 5 teams in the league have been better than us so clearly we’re ‘near’ to good enough 

Ok...I will rephrase it

"We are no way good enough to remain in the top 6"

We are where we are on merit. Granted. However I said all the way back in December that there was no way we could maintain the level we were playing at. Evetunally teams would suss us out and we dont have the quality or squad depth to have a plan B

The only team in that top 6 who I would say are on a par with us is Cardiff. The one major difference is  they have manager who can tactically kill a game off. We have a manager and a group of players who are now performing like they believe in all the bullshit hype theyve had the last 2 months

Todays result was genuinely incredible. There is no excuse

Archived