IGNORED

Shocking game management

formerly known as ivan

1 hour ago, Andy082005 said:

Ok...I will rephrase it

"We are no way good enough to remain in the top 6"

We are where we are on merit. Granted. However I said all the way back in December that there was no way we could maintain the level we were playing at. Evetunally teams would suss us out and we dont have the quality or squad depth to have a plan B

The only team in that top 6 who I would say are on a par with us is Cardiff. The one major difference is  they have manager who can tactically kill a game off. We have a manager and a group of players who are now performing like they believe in all the bullshit hype theyve had the last 2 months

Todays result was genuinely incredible. There is no excuse

I agree that there’s no excuse for todays result having been 3 up. 

I disagree strongly that we don’t have the talent to remain in the top six. Not saying we will but we absolutely have the ability to do so. Today was nothing to do with being sussed out. 

40 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

LJ had the balls to say he didn't get it right, so I'll accept that. Obviously don't want him getting it wrong too often, so let's take our frustration out at Leeds.

Yep, fair play to LJ  who continues to impress me with his honesty. How many managers come out and admit they made a tactical error? It's a very rare occurance for sure.

5 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

We really missed Bobby in the second half, and Coleman worked out that our left side with Bryan & Kent can't defend. It could have been worse but for Fielding's wonder save.

We need to tighten up at the back. Our run of good results came with Magnússon & Bryan on the left. We need to go back to that ASAP!

Wonder save but shite kicking yet again. If he can’t kick the ball accuratelty, kick the bloody thing down the bloody middle of the bloody pitch. So bloody frustrating to watch. Why is he so crap? Agreed about Magnússon and Bryan. Prefer Magnússon at the back and Bryan pushing forward.

But the problem is that there is little evidence so far of LJ learning. Going hung-ho for a win that we already had is just bonkers. And it's not the first time that it's happened. You could say the same thing happened against Wolves when they went down to 10 men & yet we left Flint upfront.

With the run of games we have coming up, we need to be as solid as possible. That means putting Hörður back at left back, and getting Baker back for the Fulham game so that Bailey Wright can return to right back, rather than using a midfielder there. With that set-up, plus Bobby & Famara upfront, who seem to know how to play off each other, we remain extremely dangerous on the break, but the players need to know that goals for the team come above any individual achievements. 

6 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

But the problem is that there is little evidence so far of LJ learning. Going hung-ho for a win that we already had is just bonkers. And it's not the first time that it's happened.

It wasn't LJ who went hung-ho, it was some his players who at 3-0 up against a pretty poor side thought the game was won.

What LJ did post match was to hold up his hands and say he should have made a different substitutions - managed the game differently in other words.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It wasn't LJ who went hung-ho, it was some his players who at 3-0 up against a pretty poor side thought the game was won.

What LJ did post match was to hold up his hands and say he should have made a different substitutions - managed the game differently in other words.

It was the little flicks are showboating that wound me up a bit, Kent and Bryan in particular I think it was. Just arrogant. Players should've known better and are equally as accountable as LJ.

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Yes. This is what happened.

LJ holding his hands up, was pretty much an indictment of the players that were out there and how they played.

This was a team cock up, not a managerial one. LJ took it on the chin for a team who were unprofessional.

10 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yes. This is what happened.

LJ holding his hands up, was pretty much an indictment of the players that were out there and how they played.

This was a team cock up, not a managerial one. LJ took it on the chin for a team who were unprofessional.

Indeed. And, as others have said, perhaps the fact that he publicly took responsibility for it, instead of throwing individual players under the bus, is a sign that he is learning something at least. 

2 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Did he really have a choice  ?  It was obvious for all to see that he'd f****d up.

Of course he had a choice ffs...........:facepalm:

He could have sent Macca or Deano out to face the media. He could have blamed his players, as some managers do.....but no, he accepted responsibility and well done to him.

1 hour ago, Maltshoveller said:

All slagging off our game management

3 nil up We should have seen the game out

Go back and read the match day tread and 99% of the posts are saying lets go for it

and get our goal difference up None are saying shut up shop

At 3-0 up yes but when they scored they were all over us as they suddenly believed.

It's at that moment that good game management pulls their sting . Shows them that their goal was a fluke and wears them down keeping possession and repelling their attacks .

As I've already posted we were chasing a game that was already won . It was naive in the extreme.

5 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

All slagging off our game management

3 nil up We should have seen the game out

Go back and read the match day tread and 99% of the posts are saying lets go for it

and get our goal difference up None are saying shut up shop

Shut up shop and counter judiciously would be quite different.

I actually had a small anxiety at half time. At 3-0, I remembered some Sunderland attacks and felt it was too easy. Players clearly felt similar...but weren't alert to the danger that it posed.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

I honestly think Marlon Pack needs to be booked. Been on 9 since Boxing Day and doesn’t seem to get stuck in so much.

Has his role changed in the team because of this and is this affecting how we play now?

My MOTM yesterday...thought he had a fine game.

Archived