IGNORED

Lee Johnson - what game were you watching?

old_eastender

Fuming, after that give away. Pato has put in one of the worst, nothing performances I have seen - one bit of good play to put Fammy in for the handball goal and otherwise might as well not have been on the pitch.

How, just how, can LJ not see that it's like we were playing with 10 men and sub him off. Put Eliasson or Walsh on for Pato, or even Mags to LB and push JB up and we go on to win that game easy.

19 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Fuming, after that give away. Pato has put in one of the worst, nothing performances I have seen - one bit of good play to put Fammy in for the handball goal and otherwise might as well not have been on the pitch.

How, just how, can LJ not see that it's like we were playing with 10 men and sub him off. Put Eliasson or Walsh on for Pato, or even Mags to LB and push JB up and we go on to win that game easy.

I don’t think Pato was that bad. Game of options I suppose. 

The weak links for us were clearly Kent, Diony and, again, missing Baker SO much. 

22 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Careful you can’t say a bad word about Johnson anymore,although on this occasion the players should take the blame

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Yes! Absolutely! 

Runs around but doesn’t fit in with our style whatsoever. 

He’ll do the odd good thing, I’m sure. But we are a worse team with him on the pitch. 

Couldn't agree more-hope he's not being shoehorned in because of an 'agreement' with Liverpool..

Must get back to basics pdq..

31 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

The weak links for us were clearly Kent, Diony and, again, missing Baker SO much. 

Paterson was the worst player on the field he was beyond shocking, piss weak in defence, had one positive moment all game, he has to be rested.

30 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Kent was out best attacking player in the 2nd half, looked the only one likely to make something happen, it's a game of fine margins he could have easily had a goal and set one up in the 2nd half, 

Once Lua Lua came on, down their right, we should have brought on Magnússon for Paterson, moved Joe forward & Kent onto the right. 

As a Sunderland fan just said to me in the pub, first half Bryan was Premier League. Second half his defending proved he's closer to National League in that department. Oh so true!

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

As others have said, been poor for weeks, I don't know why he's and automatic choice as he has contributed nothing for some time. I will add when we were playing well he was central to that good form.

44 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I thought Pato was shocking but he was one of a few. I thought Kent did OK, still looks to be settling in but he's happy to run with the ball and has good close control. Adds a different option. Baker's loss is massive, the defence looked all at sea today, panic at almost every attack.

11 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Paterson was the worst player on the field he was beyond shocking, piss weak in defence, had one positive moment all game, he has to be rested.

Not sure as BW was unbelievably bad, gave the ball away 3 times in the first 5 minutes. JB was back to his rabbit in the headlights impression when faced with someone running at him and Patterson only competed to see who was poorest.

54 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

As others have said, been poor for weeks, I don't know why he's and automatic choice as he has contributed nothing for some time. I will add when we were playing well he was central to that good form.

I thought Pato was shocking but he was one of a few. I thought Kent did OK, still looks to be settling in but he's happy to run with the ball and has good close control. Adds a different option. Baker's loss is massive, the defence looked all at sea today, panic at almost every attack.

Not sure as BW was unbelievably bad, gave the ball away 3 times in the first 5 minutes. JB was back to his rabbit in the headlights impression when faced with someone running at him and Patterson only competed to see who was poorest.

Yes, Bryan good for 75 minutes, then getting torn apart with bloke having him on toast. Weird weird game today.

Some great performances first half from everyone. Reid and Pack were outstanding. Without Reid we had nobody to link up play and started going long. Still should have won with the chances we had. Patterson drifted out of game 2nd half and Korey was a shadow of his self after getting yellow carded. Bryan looked all over the place last 20 mins, and Famara should have been replaced far earlier. 

Still a team with loads of potential. Absolutely brilliant at times. Far from perfect though and desperately miss Baker at the back. I think we’re still good for the play-offs and I guess I’ll get better odds now...

9 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Yes, Bryan good for 75 minutes, then getting torn apart with bloke having him on toast. Weird weird game today.

You're not wrong. We went 3-0 without playing at all well, could have been 6 or 7 before they scored and then it was a bit last year. As soon as they got the first I was hoping they'd run out of time before they equalised, even worried we'd lose it at the end.

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

You're not wrong. We went 3-0 without playing at all well, could have been 6 or 7 before they scored and then it was a bit last year. As soon as they got the first I was hoping they'd run out of time before they equalised, even worried we'd lose it at the end.

We had it all today. "You're not fit to wear the shirt" to heroes, for them

oles. to Boooooo from us

Decent reffing to crap reffing (Pato shirt pull a shocking miss by the ref)

and rain    :laugh:

37 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Coleman did his homework- if Joe is playing LB put someone wide right getting chalk on their boots, Joe always moves inside when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch and they are attacking - yes, that is what he should do, BUT he is always too slow to correct his position when they put in a diagonal to the right - gets caught out by it 100% of the time.

Archived