IGNORED

lj comments

Londoner

3 minutes ago, RidgeRed said:

I think roddy means 3-0 h/t should be a comfortable 3pts so make sure we get them. If it ends 3-0 that's ok. Just don't give the opposition any chance of a comeback. It's not often 3-0 h/t ends up as 6 or 7. We look unlikely to get auto so let's make sure we get the 3 points against poor sides.

This what he said. 

40 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s a 36 year old manager coaching a squad with an average age of 26. All of them will be learning.

It’s a bit different to having, say, Warnock and a squad of 34 year olds. 

So do you have to be over 50 to understand that doing the same thing over and over will result in the same outcome then? 36 isn't like some teenager who has yet to learn life lessons. The penny should've dropped by now.

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

So do you have to be over 50 to understand that doing the same thing over and over will result in the same outcome then? 36 isn't like some teenager who has yet to learn life lessons. The penny should've dropped by now.

You've either misrepresented what I was saying or misunderstood.. he's a young manager with a young squad. Johnson is in his 5th season of management. This team will make mistakes - I don't really see where the recurring mistake is this time though, he felt he should've bought on a midfielder at 3-1.

What is the same thing 'over and over'?

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

He has taken responsibility for his naivety.

He has a tendency to go ' Roy of the Rovers ' too often. He really needs to find a balance .

Still good analysis by him .

Blackie Gray never lost a three goal lead, Major

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

He said we wanted to boost goal difference today. Arrogance and natvity at it' finest and quite frankly embarrassing

Who, at half time, didn’t talk about improving our goal difference...? 

I know I did! 

1 hour ago, robin_unreliant said:

I don't think you can argue with him saying he got the tactics wrong.

However he keeps saying 'we'll learn from that' which is where I would have a problem. We've all seen us throw away good leads over the last few seasons. If he didn't learn from the numerous times it happened last season then why should we assume he will now?

Seems to be some fundamental weakness in our dna that comes back to haunt us. Whether that really is LJ's fault I would say is open to question. Maybe he just wanted to avoid the players taking the blame and confidence sinking even more.

Fair comment.

It's the same repetitive mantra churned out by the government, police, health and social care services when things go horribly wrong (again, and again and again)

Everyone makes the odd mistake, but no point saying "we'll learn from that" unless they really do.

I'd prefer them to say "it won't happen again" and to to held accountable if it does.

Two matches now on the trot both against lowly opposition and LJ has got it badly wrong on both occasions.

But the bottom line is ignore our Carabao cup games and our win against a piss poor QPR and our form over the past 7 league games has been shocking, Won 1 Lost 4 Drawn 2 or 5 points out of 21.

And I firmly believe the stubborn decision to muddle through without signing a right back after Pisano's injury is a major factor, just because we got away with it up until December with Wright playing there, that decision has been confounded by Baker's sending off and LJ's obvious lack of trust in Magnússon.

And I have to say looking at our run of games to come I cannot (unless something changes) see and end to this poor run i'm sorry to say.

Not good at all.

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Fair comment.

It's the same repetitive mantra churned out by the government, police, health and social care services when things go horribly wrong (again, and again and again)

Everyone makes the odd mistake, but no point saying "we'll learn from that" unless they really do.

I'd prefer them to say "it won't happen again" and to to held accountable if it does.

"Lessons will be learned.....''

Thas wot me owd edmasta yoused ta fink..  

37 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

He is not learning quickly enough! Will he ever? I'm beginning to wonder. We had/have a glorious chance for automatic or play off promotion and it's all going Tit's up! 

This is the point. Also not helped by an inadequate January when we had the chance to get some real quality players in but decided against it.

Our form has been very poor in the league since Christmas. And it had coincided with LJ chopping & changing the team.

Once Baker is back, lets just play our best team (see below) & bring players like Kent on as impact substitutes.

Fielding

Wright      Flint   Baker  Magnússon

Brownhill      Smith    Pack      Bryan

Reid       Diedhoui

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

You've either misrepresented what I was saying or misunderstood.. he's a young manager with a young squad. Johnson is in his 5th season of management. This team will make mistakes - I don't really see where the recurring mistake is this time though, he felt he should've bought on a midfielder at 3-1.

What is the same thing 'over and over'?

To be fair I think my comments were partly a result of the feeling of frustration over what happened today.

We threw away two and three goal leads multiple times last season. I thought we had progressed this year, suggesting Lee and the players had, indeed, learnt something from that.

Today it just felt like the same old story and that we really have learned nothing.

Having calmed down a bit I think that is probably a bit unfair. We really do need to get more consistency and professionalism into our game management though.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

yes, what I'm getting at is maybe we have been spoiled, but who wouldn't be disappointed at the way it seems to be turning out

I was not pleased today, I said during the game I was not comfortably with the score even at 3-0. The whole game I thought we were not playing at our best but in the first half Sunderland were  craper than we were second half we returned the favour.

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I was not pleased today, I said during the game I was not comfortably with the score even at 3-0. The whole game I thought we were not playing at our best but in the first half Sunderland were  craper than we were second half we returned the favour.

bet you at 3-1 you thought here we go again, I know I did, and one of those occasions where you really don't want to be proved right.

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

bet you at 3-1 you thought here we go again, I know I did, and one of those occasions where you really don't want to be proved right.

to be honest at 3-0 I felt like ( and I may be wrong not going to google) the bowl of petunias "oh no not again" unless it was the whale but I think it was working out what to call things. 

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

to be honest at 3-0 I felt like ( and I may be wrong not going to google) the bowl of petunias "oh no not again" unless it was the whale but I think it was working out what to call things. 

I'm a little confused at what you are on about, but let us not let it ruin our weekend, lets hope the next game we have learned at least something from today.

I see Londoner is spouting his usual 'I'm better than you' nonsense. But as an academic, I presume that's his prerogative (he obviously doesn't realise that quite a few of us on here went to good schools too). Maybe it's because of the London-centric media making him feel like he lives in the most important place in the world and he's basking in reflective glory......

Funnily enough, he's barely posted this season until we started to have a bad run. 

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

I'm a little confused at what you are on about, but let us not let it ruin our weekend, lets hope the next game we have learned at least something from today.

Always it's "Hope" and we never EXPECT it to happen. Us amateurs can see what we need to do so why can't the professsionals?

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

Don't panic and always make sure you have a towel with you  if you are still confused (my fault entirely) read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

City have 45 points to play for, are just 6 points behind automatic promotion and are currently in a play-off position.

Let's hope their current form ends and they go on a run.  They certainly need to and if they do they could still finish 2nd. However you look at it, they have every opportunity to be in the play-offs come the season end. If they don't make it for poor form, then this has been a progressive season

Archived