IGNORED

Diony

BCFCinNW6

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Let’s hope he’s another “awful” Matt Smith. Plenty of City players have looked poor in their first couple of games, and gone on to play well, so there is hope. 

Let’s hope he isn’t because there is having a run in the standout side in league 1 like Smith and then there is the championship 

6 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

So want him to do well, but what the **** did he do in 45 mins...

He looked nervous, seemed shy and that shot 8 yards out was woeful. Maybe he left his boots in the dressing room during the half time delay?

Today he was more donkey than bull.

I was going to post the same. Want him to do well but you would have hoped to see more from him by now. Only thing he did was stand next to a defender and point asking for a through ball. Does not work hard enough off the ball. Ok had a few nice touches here and there but not enough. Only thing I will say is I will give him more time. Took Fam 7-8 games to get up to speed. I know we don’t have the same luxury of time but he is the type we can afford for the time being. Proven abroad but it is a risk here. 

3 minutes ago, RT's Vaseline Tub said:

Should have given Engvall a go when Bobby got injured as that guy not worth the £9m Ashton quoted - more like 900k

I wanted to see Gus today too. A player in there and would have offered more our of possesion but at 3-0 should have been a perfect chance to get 45 min for the man seamlessly

The change in system disrupted our flow and the service to the front 2 wasn't great but. He somehow managed to look tired after 20 minutes where he barely made a run. Stood still waiting for something to happen while FD work his rocks off. Poor touch , shows very little and kept flicking at the ball instead of controlling it.
You don't get much for £9m these days.

2 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

Couldn't agree more. If we were serious about promotion this year...

We are going about it in the right way in general though - trying to sign young promising players who can improve. I'd rather stick with that then waste money - it's a good plan. Feels bad after a game like that though. 

Ok, he is new, does need time to settle so I'm not writing him off. He showed some good pace this afternoon and could see what he was trying to do with some of his attempted passes which were, unfortunately, really weak. I would say though (in my opinion) at the moment I'm glad it's only a loan.

He wasn' the weakest link though. All the players were at fault today for the collective way they sat too deep at times and didn't attack enough. How many times did we see opportunities to break and attack only to stop, look back and pass back to the defence. Really poor today. 

Archived