IGNORED

Diony

BCFCinNW6

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

He wasn' the weakest link though. All the players were at fault today for the collective way they sat too deep at times and didn't attack enough. How many times did we see opportunities to break and attack only to stop, look back and pass back to the defence. Really poor today. 

Sat too deep. Seriously?! That felt like the opposite of what we did to be honest. Everyone trying to be a hero when a bit of calm at 3-1 kills the game.

It's like groundhog day on here. It's 2018 and people are STILL writing off signings ridiculously quickly.

Matt Smith and Diedhiou proving them convincingly wrong after premature judgements should teach people not to do it.. but still here we are.

Clearly rusty, not on the same wavelength as the players and his movement isn't where it should be - all of those things improve with game-time.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's like groundhog day on here. It's 2018 and people are STILL writing off signings ridiculously quickly.

Matt Smith and Diedhiou proving them convincingly wrong after premature judgements should teach people not to do it.. but still here we are.

Clearly rusty, not on the same wavelength as the players and his movement isn't where it should be - all of those things improve with game-time.

Get that. But one thing we haven’t got in our position is time. 

If you want to give time, we’ve two expensive strikers sat on the bench in Engval and Woodrow who have been with us ‘a time’.

Better still, like when previously we were in a promotion position in January, get a proven scorer in.

Hopefully, I’ll be proved wrong but our January signings are nothing for our CEO to rant about. .... if we wanted to push ourselves over the line we were in dire of need of ‘instants’ to relieve the flagging regulars not ‘ ones for the future’ - particularly when they aren’t going to be ours next season. 

1 minute ago, Moor2Sea said:

Get that. But one thing we haven’t got in our position is time. 

If you want to give time, we’ve two expensive strikers sat on the bench in Engval and Woodrow who have been with us ‘a time’.

Better still, like when previously we were in a promotion position in January, get a proven scorer in.

Hopefully, I’ll be proved wrong but our January signings are nothing for our CEO to rant about. .... if we wanted to push ourselves over the line we were in dire of need of ‘instants’ to relieve the flagging regulars not ‘ ones for the future’ - particularly when they aren’t going to be ours next season. 

Yep and I agree that's a very valid argument... but a different debate altogether about out transfer policy.

Fact is that we've got Diony. My point is about his performances in isolation and people are writing him off far far too early when recent history has taught our fans how foolish that is.

So many *******  ********* on here. Wrighting  a player off blah blah blah. New country , style of play, physical league etc etc . He’s played a few minutes here and there . Any player needs a run of games to get up to speed. So many that expect instant results , idiots . Most never kicked a ball in their lives. If they had they’d know better. 

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So many *******  ********* on here. Wrighting  a player off blah blah blah. New country , style of play, physical league etc etc . He’s played a few minutes here and there . Any player needs a run of games to get up to speed. So many that expect instant results , idiots . Most never kicked a ball in their lives. If they had they’d know better. 

It’s like people have conveniently forgotten saying the very same things about Diedhiou.. Kodjia.. Wilbraham.. Matt Smith.. how many times does history need to show you you’re jumping the gun before it sinks in?

4 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It’s like people have conveniently forgotten saying the very same things about Diedhiou.. Kodjia.. Wilbraham.. Matt Smith.. how many times does history need to show you you’re jumping the gun before it sinks in?

Sadly a lot of people still don't rate Fammy yet. 

Not pissed off with Diony, LJ has said himself he ballsed up with the subs. 3-0 up and it's like we've won but how many shall we score?

Sunderland weren't 3 goals worse than us in the first half and we were cocky. So that's a bad bad error by the management tean if you ask me. I always felt like they'd score and let's face it they should have long before they actually did.

With the best will in the world, he was absolutely embarrassing today.  Didn’t seem to have a clue, and couldn’t do the basics.  He just didn’t look like a footballer, let alone a £10m one.  I've seen some dreadful performances in a City shirt, but that was right up there.  Very happy to be proved wrong, but I’m not holding my breath.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s partly because he *looks* clumsy on the ball. He’s not graceful and sometimes his touch is lacking.

Important thing is his strong points are very good and he’s scoring goals.

We can't afford to sign a player who has it all sadly. As you say he is good at those things which is what we need. 

6 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

We can't afford to sign a player who has it all sadly. As you say he is good at those things which is what we need. 

Certainly didn't look great today but it's early days. Other alternatives on the bench were Engvall and Woodrow. Not exactly making the best of Steve's money with that lot atm.

All that said, it's been a great season and if we can get back to form we could yet have a decent shot.

COYR....

We can only wait and see whether he has got it or not and whether he suits us. Unfortunately as others have said we don’t have the luxury of time. Frustrating though when you hear other teams sign someone the day before and slot straight in and score a pot full. It just doesn’t happen for us like this.

23 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

:clapping:

37 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I'm not sure too many posts were righting him off. In fact most made comments with hope to the contrary. But he was awful and needs to get better quickly, we have not got luxury time! 

1 hour ago, Alessandro said:

Well apparently he was going to start today, which I couldn't believe before the game and after that 45 minutes i'm even more sure I was right.

Famara and Reid were excellent - only a knock to Bobby took him out the second half.

Diony needs more time.

Haha.  Or perhaps Diony was due to start today but had the flu this week (which he did) so started on the bench instead. Then when Bobby took a knock in the first half and we were 3-0 he was brought on as he was fit enough to play 45 and there is no question he has been brought into play games.

Of course his jaded performance could be attributed to the fact he wasn't fully fit, but then that wouldn't fit with the weird agenda you have with me and others (like Nick J) that know things you don't.  Natural human emotion I suppose but you don't half seem to get your knickers in a twist.

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why haven’t we,seems a lot on here will be happy with 9th or 10th so we got loads of luxury time

I know. It Effing infuriates me listening to 5hit like 'it will still be a great season if we finish mid table', like these opportunities come along all the time!

I've waited most of my life for another opportunity (like this one) and would be devastated if we throw it away, with performances like that today!

The lad may well come good, the problem however is we don't have time to wait just now.

Goals win games and despite scoring 3 today we still didn't win. A 4th goal at 3-0 or 3-1 would have killed the game stone dead and we missed numerous opportunities as we were simply not clinical.

I am avoiding the defending for their goals as that is a seperate, although important ,supplementary point.

There is no doubt in my mind that we should have thrown the kitchen sink at getting Grabban on loan - he scored 12 goals by December for a team that frankly are woeful.

We also have Gustav and Woodrow , neither of whom are going to win us games - I fear our lack of goals is going to see us miss out.

19 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Haha.  Or perhaps Diony was due to start today but had the flu this week (which he did) so started on the bench instead. Then when Bobby took a knock in the first half and we were 3-0 he was brought on as he was fit enough to play 45 and there is no question he has been brought into play games.

Of course his jaded performance could be attributed to the fact he wasn't fully fit, but then that wouldn't fit with the weird agenda you have with me and others (like Nick J) that know things you don't.  Natural human emotion I suppose but you don't half seem to get your knickers in a twist.

Or perhaps you just talk shit sometimes?!

And if you’re referring to Nick J as someone who knows “things”....ha, yeah well, you’re backing up my point for me. 

:thumbsup:

Either way, I fail to see what this has to do with anyone else or any agenda's that you seem to want to create for me. I challenge what people say sometimes, doesn't mean I have an agenda.

What you said about Diony didn't stack up, IMO, why you take it so personally, I think is actually your problem.

You preach like it's gospel, you told me Magnussen and Reid wanted out would leave in the summer for example. Don't be so offended if people on a forum don't automatically believe everything you say.

Archived