IGNORED

Diony

BCFCinNW6

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

He just posted this on Instagram - which I believe translates to "I have been in the black hole for too long".

I assume it's a reference to his scoring drought unless there's a different French meaning that I've missed.

5a80b0323dd43_ScreenShot2018-02-11at21_05_10.png.2e748117271a6a57d4ec4562fe8923f5.png

What he gets up to in his spare time is his business :P

Look, all of this is hindsight.  I doubt there was a person in the ground that thought that the game wasn’t won at half-time, and I suspect most thought that with Bobby apparently injured, Diony was the right substitute.  The mistake for me was not reacting when we went one down.  

The one thing I did take from the game was how important Bobby is for us, and what a player he is.  If we don’t go up, we are going to have a hell of a fight to hang on to him.  If we do, and we continue to build, then next season could be quite something.

20 hours ago, RedM said:

Carl Shutt. One of the very few home games I have missed, bloody work do I couldn’t get out of. Didn’t he score 4, on his home debut or did I just remember it with rage.

I saw the match, but I don’t think it was his debut

23 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Diony made half a dozen or more brilliant runs all of which came to nothing as we've nobody at the club who's remotely on his wavelength or timeline. Not once did the ball get to him. Those of you preoccupied with the ball wouldn't have even seen them. He's Maynard and requires quick ( and I mean quick) ball to feet in front of him down the channels. Every run he made yesterday was over three seconds before our midfield even realised he'd gone.

If there's a criticism of Diony make it at WeeLee and our scouts - why recruit a player whose game is nullified by our ponderous and over-elaborate supply line? Wrong bloke in wrong system.

I wouldn't say brilliant but certainly he is indeed looking for through balls to feet. The trouble is, we very rarely do through balls to feet. What I've seen of Engval, he is the same type of player, ergo: not suited to how we play at present. That being said, although not fully fit, the bare minimum for Diony on Saturday was to at least get close to the Sunderland defenders and put them under pressure. He did not do that. Unforgiveable in my book. 

I can't believe the crap this fella is getting. He's come into the side at half time, a side that although three nil up, weren't actually performing very well, apart from the goals scored against a shocking defense. Our midfield were getting bossed, Bailey Wright was out of position and making mistake after mistake, J B was being targeted (all their goals came from crosses in his and BW defensive part of the pitch) and people pick on the easy target of the bloke coming on at half time, replacing fans favourite Bobby Reid. There was little if any service of any quality to him from the centre mid or the wings, as we were playing on the break for a good part of the second half. Apart from his miss (which was dreadful and snatched at), he did his best with scraps, looked strong and rarely lost the ball when in possession. He actually stood strong against some robust challenges and came away with the ball well on occasions when the advantage was with the defender. Not a brilliant display admittedly but, not one deserving of such responses.

Kent missed the target, Famara missed two good chances when reacting slowly to crosses, was fortunate his goals weren't blocked but, let's blame it on the new guy, who should also have had a penalty awarded when pulled back. Shocking comments against a bloke trying to do his best for the team.

Thought I'd give a different view on things to even it out a bit.

Not sure that anyone is writing him off totally, but let's be honest, we can pretend he was making amazing runs, or doing some other wondrous stuff, but truth is that his 3 cameos to date have been shocking, he looks devoid of confidence, and on the rare occasions he had the ball he was easily dispossessed. The guy may have talent, may be settling, may be in a dark place, but key Championship games is not exactly the ideal re-hab. He may come good, or it may completely break him.

30 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Not sure that anyone is writing him off totally, but let's be honest, we can pretend he was making amazing runs, or doing some other wondrous stuff, but truth is that his 3 cameos to date have been shocking, he looks devoid of confidence, and on the rare occasions he had the ball he was easily dispossessed. The guy may have talent, may be settling, may be in a dark place, but key Championship games is not exactly the ideal re-hab. He may come good, or it may completely break him.

I thought he was decent in his cameo v QPR.

I thought he did little v Bolton (in a below par team performance, Let’s not forget)

I thought he did ok v Sunderland (but people happy to tar him with the 0-3 second half)

So on average he’s been ok imho.  Do I expect more?  Yes, if we are going to contemplate buying after trying!!  It’s a tough league to find your feet, that’s not his fault, it’s the recruitment team, they took the gamble of bringing him in mid-season with no experience of this league or this country. 

I think if we’d won 3-0 on Saturday most people would have a different view, they’d say he probably didn’t look at his sharpest, but he got it into feet, moved it on, linked it up....but I really don’t get the shocking comments....and certainly not all 3 games.

On an aside, I also think that if you analyse Bobby’s performance, he was very quiet for 20 minutes, then sprang into life (funnily enough - after he got kicked for the first time).  He then was at the centre of most good things for another 20 minutes.  That 20 minutes was great, but the first 20 weren’t.  Yet most people will forget the opening 20 and rate his performance on the 20 that followed.  I don’t have a problem with that, but at least recognise that it wasn’t a stellar 45 from Bobby.

All about opinions though!

30 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I doubt he would be to worried about us talking about his game performance, I doubt he thought he had a good 45 minutes either. People debating his mental state though is probably something he would be concerned about. 

He should have thought of that before putting out his ' Trou noir ' ' instagram post.

Archived