IGNORED

Where will we finish now?

UpTheReds

45 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Go away

based on current form ? lost to a poor bolton, throwing away a  3 goal lead at home to a crap sunderland , our form since christmas is that of a  relegation threatened team.  can you see us getting owt at leeds, up for the battle at cardiff, outsmarting fulham .   we are on the slide  

5 hours ago, UpTheReds said:

After our poor performances in the last two games, not turning up at bolton and throwing away this lead, plus our poor form in general in over the last month or so, where people see us finishing now?

9th like I said in august, though then I would have been delighted, now not so.

6th if we can at least draw with Leeds and Cardiff and beat Fulham.  

We will regret the dropped home points - Burton, Leeds, Norwich, Preston and today, that's 13 points dropped to lower opposition. 

We should be on 60 - 65 points. 

No more excuses LJ, drop the under performing give Engvall a half at least ahead of Diony, stop messing about with positions formations. 

With LJ in charge, and looking at his record, it is anyone's guess.  We could go on a winning run or, on present form, a disastrous run. 

What we have to do at season's end, wherever we finish, is to analyse this season and commit to not making the same mistakes next, i.e. Too small a squad lacking in depth, too rigid a transfer policy, too many mistakes by LJ, too many transfer mistakes etc etc

during the length of a season.....every club has a bad patch - and we are currently having ours. The sooner it's over the better. We may well have ignited a lucky patch for Sunderland yesterday (though whether that will be enough to save them is debatable). Where will City finish? Definitely top half (and I'll take that massive improvement on the previous season).

A little while ago, many City fans talked of getting ourselves established as a Championship Club. Maybe we ought to aim a little higher and look toward establishing ourselves as a Top Half Championship Club before (hopefully) kicking on.

I think we'll finish in the Top Half, I'd like us to finish in the Top 6, but we already know that positions 1 and 2 are unachievable this season. I'll take 8th.

A lot could happen and it is hard to predict but I think 5th or 6th.

We have some problems to sort out but they all feel temporary:

1) poor form but teams go on good and bad runs during the season. We need to turn it round and I think we will. However that may not be immediately

2) we need Baker, Pisano and O’Dowda back 

3) we need the rub of the green 

Luckily most of our rivals dropped points yesterday too. It is a shame we did not capitalise but there are a lot of twists and turns to come yet.

The extraordinary thing is we’re still in a play-off place. If my memory serves me rightly, in the last seven league games we have won one, drawn two and lost four. It’s almost bottom six form, never mind top six, but as others have pointed out, the way this league works, with anyone capable of beating anyone else on any given day, it’s possible to survive a bad run and still maintain a promising position in the table. Cardiff lost four straight games quite recently without dropping out of the top six.

There is no reason in principle why we cannot achieve a top six finish. It’s a question of working out what’s going wrong and taking the right steps to remedy it. I rarely criticise LJ, but picking the right starting eleven and making the correct substitutions in the second half would help. (I am among those who would have minimised disruption to a settled back four by making a straight like-for-like replacement of Baker with Magnússon in his natural position, thereby also avoiding any shuffling around in midfield.)

But fair play to the gaffer. He’s put his hand up and taken responsibility. Once a mistake’s been made you can’t do much more than respond honestly, which he’s done - and get it right next time. There is no guarantee, but on balance I think they will probably turn this form around, and despite the gloom today (understandable after a disappointment that felt like a kick in the guts) a play-off place is still there for the taking.

3 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

A lot could happen and it is hard to predict but I think 5th or 6th.

We have some problems to sort out but they all feel temporary:

1) poor form but teams go on good and bad runs during the season. We need to turn it round and I think we will. However that may not be immediately

2) we need Baker, Pisano and O’Dowda back 

3) we need the rub of the green 

Luckily most of our rivals dropped points yesterday too. It is a shame we did not capitalise but there are a lot of twists and turns to come yet.

Think that’s about it in a nutshell.

Archived