IGNORED

3-0 to 3-3, BUT

AppyDAZE

Not once did I see anyone spend an age drying the ball with his shirt, roll around on the floor acting like he was about to die, or get right up in the ref's face arguing about decisions.

Credit to Sunderland who never gave up. I like all City fans, am fed up we tossed it away.. but who can't stand here tonight and say that that wasn't a good game of football to watch?

LJ, you had the balls to say you got it wrong at HT and I accept your apologies.

On to Leeds  COYR

9 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Sorry , to be 3-0 up and then draw is completely unacceptable in my book ...no excuses, it was utterly pathetic! ..... :yawn:

LJ didn't offer any excuses; he admitted he messed up. As others have said, there is no point dwelling on this one - it's gone and one to the next. Upwards and onwards.

I think we allowed 30 minutes of football to be played in the last twenty. Cardiff would have allowed ten. Two fluke goals for them, but half time flattered us I thought.

Little concerned result wise we have been better flooding the midfield, pressing, with no outright striker. Fammy obviously adds a lot, but two out and out forwards ended up making us look like a league one side. Pisano and Baker out a bridge to far. Think we  may drift in to a dull end of season now, next three games will tell us I think.

Had worse seasons I suppose.

3-0 up and should of been 5-0. Such a waste of some good chances early second half. Diony shinned a sitter to finish the game. Can’t remember seeing a player so uncomposed upfront, no wonder he hasn’t scored in ages.

felt like a return to last year throwing away such a lead. Albeit 2 own goals but that’s no excuse.

we f**ked it up 3-0 

A few bad decisions from players and the manager and we've ended up with one point instead of three against a side that was playing (albeit badly) in the Prem last season. That to me is a huge improvement from last season. 

Yes, it's hugely disappointing to not win when you have a three goal lead and I can totally understand the frustration from everyone. The thing is, for me, we actually didn't play badly. In fact, we looked brilliant in spells and should have won this easily we're it not for a few silly mistakes and some really bad luck. For example, Joe Bryan (who has been arguably our best player this season) got utterly done for their equaliser. Do we blame Joe for that or Marlon for a freak deflection? That deflection could have gone anywhere and normally would've gone anywhere but in the back of the net. Shit happens I suppose.

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Well said.  No point dwelling on this one and pick up on the positives from the first half.

Your well optimistic Wendy because I thought that second half performance unbelievable. I was sat there smiling half time but also felt  a bit  sorry for the Sunderland fans who traveled all that way to support a very poor side. I’ve supported City since 70/71 and that was the worst second half performance I can remember. 

8 minutes ago, Lordofthebling said:

I don't want to dwell on this, but I'm still struggling to get over the result against Norwich, the performance against Bolton and now I have to get over throwing away a 3 goal lead in 45 mins...

Exactly, and Pato has contributed nothing in all 3 games and I bet will still be picked to start against Leeds!

Players and management contributed to one major cock up , points in bag are the difference with good teams and poor I’m afriad our players are making too many mistakes , it wasn’t the own goals that cost but the space allowed and the marking of players , the wasted chances and overall a very non professional performance against a team that should have been dead and buried 

30 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Life is very simple. At any club managed/coached by Lee Johnson, there is a mid season period when we don't play, we go off on summer holidays in February and we allow the opposition to freely gather points as they wish.

FIVE points out of the last TWENTY ONE since 30th December. A real case of deja vu!

With the exception of Wolves, that is every club in the Championship. It is such a competitive league that every club has its peaks and troughs. City sit in the play offs, made a national semi final, beat 4 Prem teams, got closer to the Premier league elect Champions than most of he top tier, have contended with a huge, crippling injury list and yet you still feel the need to have a pop at our manager, unbelievable. 

9 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

With the exception of Wolves, that is every club in the Championship. It is such a competitive league that every club has its peaks and troughs. City sit in the play offs, made a national semi final, beat 4 Prem teams, got closer to the Premier league elect Champions than most of he top tier, have contended with a huge, crippling injury list and yet you still feel the need to have a pop at our manager, unbelievable. 

Because this is an annual event for him at all the clubs he's been at as a coach.

The Baker suspension reaction is the classic. We have an Icelandic international defender whose best position is probably left centre back.

Too simple for LJ. He makes three changes instead of one. He is clearly not a quick learner and that is why I criticise him.

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Because this is an annual event for him at all the clubs he's been at as a coach.

The Baker suspension reaction is the classic. We have an Icelandic international defender whose best position is probably left centre back.

Too simple for LJ. He makes three changes instead of one. He is clearly not a quick learner and that is why I criticise him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, around me in the Dolman there was not a single criticism of his starting line up and we all felt it sensible to give Diony game time with the match 'won'. Of course it backfired big time and Johnson has admitted that Hörður, Walsh etc should have been introduced instead and the game 'killed off'. Many of the posters on here sayi that though we're very, very quiet at half time.

53 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Life is very simple. At any club managed/coached by Lee Johnson, there is a mid season period when we don't play, we go off on summer holidays in February and we allow the opposition to freely gather points as they wish.

FIVE points out of the last TWENTY ONE since 30th December. A real case of deja vu!

FIVE points from the last seven games?

It was ZERO pounts from 8 games 12 months ago, so the slumps are not as dire as they were. And if it is deja vu, we have the end of season revival to come!

4 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, around me in the Dolman there was not a single criticism of his starting line up and we all felt it sensible to give Diony game time with the match 'won'. Of course it backfired big time and Johnson has admitted that Hörður, Walsh etc should have been introduced instead and the game 'killed off'. Many of the posters on here sayi that though we're very, very quiet at half time.

You’re talking out your backside. How do explain last Friday and a few other results since December? Relegation form and yesterday was terrible. 

Archived