IGNORED

Pisano

JasonM88

3 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Can’t come back soon enough, not because Wright or any others have been hugely poor at RB, but to restore balance to our attacking and defensive display. Hope he’s getting their for next Saturday, likely not though. 

Sunday will do....

but yes, need him back asap, along with Baker.

7 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We will still concede too many with him back. It's not a case of us not having the right players available. It's how open we play as a team that is the problem.

Which is laughable, we’ve played some of our best / most entertaining football in recent years (especially at this level) & it’s that style of football that has helped us reach the heights that we have this season.

I dread to think of the backlash against LJ & the players if we had played a more dire style of football from the start of the season.

And let’s be honest, at 3 nil up at halftime, against a team struggling in the relegation zone, how many fans would of been happy to of walked away after the game if we had shut up shop & stopped playing our natural game & won 3 nil? People would of been moaning that Sunderland were there for the taking & we should of been looking to score 5, 6, 7 + goals.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & we’re not yet in a position where our players are the finished article, if they were the best of the best they’d be playing for Man City etc, not Bristol City.

LJ has done what he considers to be the right thing by taking responsibility for the draw, I would expect a couple of players to take a look at themselves & take responsibility for their part in allowing a 3 nil lead slip as well!

44 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Which is laughable, we’ve played some of our best / most entertaining football in recent years (especially at this level) & it’s that style of football that has helped us reach the heights that we have this season.

I dread to think of the backlash against LJ & the players if we had played a more dire style of football from the start of the season.

And let’s be honest, at 3 nil up at halftime, against a team struggling in the relegation zone, how many fans would of been happy to of walked away after the game if we had shut up shop & stopped playing our natural game & won 3 nil? People would of been moaning that Sunderland were there for the taking & we should of been looking to score 5, 6, 7 + goals.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing & we’re not yet in a position where our players are the finished article, if they were the best of the best they’d be playing for Man City etc, not Bristol City.

LJ has done what he considers to be the right thing by taking responsibility for the draw, I would expect a couple of players to take a look at themselves & take responsibility for their part in allowing a 3 nil lead slip as well!

You can play entertaining football and not be wide open you know!  You seem to only deal in absolutes.  Dour and tight or attacking and open.  In game management is key and if we won 3-0 yesterday people would have been happy. 

52 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

It's true what you say but we went kamikaze and chased a game that didn't need chasing and ultimately dropped two points and worse took a blow for the morale.

9 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Can’t come back soon enough

I don't doubt that he is a quality player and that having him back will boost the squad, but aren't we overstating his importance to this team a little, given that he's only completed five full games for us? Most of the good things we have done this season and received plaudits for have been with Wright at right back.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

We can still play entertaining football and not be so open. Wolves are solid defensively and play attractive football. With the flair players we have, we will always be entertaining. I'm not saying go all out defence in the second half. Either keep Reid on or bring Pato inside in his place. We'd have actually been more solid defensively and offensively with Pato in his more natural position, behind diedhiou. On the ball we were playing a 4-2-4 formation second half, with 2 out and out strikers who were not dropping back like Reid does or Pato would in that position. I don't think players should take responsibility when they are being given bad instructions. I'm not using hindsight. I posted yesterday how poor we were at half time. And to me it was quite clear we were only going to be worse without bobby and diony in his place. I would not have shut up shop, but at 3-1 and then 3-2 to still not shut up shop, what was Johnson thinking. So it's laughable that I want us to defend properly? 

Wolves have set-up that way from the start of the season & have had very little injury problems & if they have, they have a squad of players that is capable of filling for those injuries, we haven’t had that luxury!

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

You can play entertaining football and not be wide open you know!  You seem to only deal in absolutes.  Dour and tight or attacking and open.  In game management is key and if we won 3-0 yesterday people would have been happy. 

How many of those supporters that were there yesterday would of walked away after the game if we had come away with a 3-0 win because we shut up shop? At 3-0 up at half-time, more or less everyone would of expected us to go on & win at the very least, the majority of those there would of expected us to add to our goals tally, after all, we’re 3-0 up against a relegation threatened team so why would anyone expect us to change a game plan that has got us 3-0 up?

As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing but at 3-0 up, even the Sunderland supporters would of expected us to win & to add to our goals tally in the process!

It was the players who didn’t defend adequately & who didn’t do what they were doing in the first half by supplying opportunities on a plate rather than going for their own personal gain of scoring themselves instead of setting a team mate up in a better position! I’m sure LJ’s half-time team talk didn’t consist of telling the players to go out there & try & score a more difficult opportunity rather than setting up a team mate in an easier position! These are adults & professionals we’re talking about here, not kids!

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

It's true what you say but we went kamikaze and chased a game that didn't need chasing and ultimately dropped two points and worse took a blow for the morale.

As I’ve said above, at 3-0 up, people would of still moaned if we had shut up shop & won 3-0, they would of complained that we should of taken advantage to improve our goal difference because the game was already won, we’re a team in the top 6 against a team in the bottom 3 & we’re 3-0 up!

The players became selfish (the attacking ones in particular), if at half-time LJ had replaced Reid with Magnússon, Diedhiou with Kelly & Paterson for another more defensive player (protecting our 3-0 lead), he would of been given tonnes of abuse & this place would of been just as toxic as it was last season because we hadn’t taken advantage of our position.

We conceded 2 own goals, they were two freak goals, it wasn’t like the players kicked the ball to clear it & misplaced it into the net, both goals literally just hit Brownhill & Pack, there was nothing they could do about it, what’s the chances of that ever happening again in one game?

I just don’t understand what anyone is expecting LJ to do at 3-0 up? I would hazard a guess that he told them at half-time to continue doing what they had just done in the first-half & not to suddenly go out there & start taking shots on themselves rather than setting up a better placed team mate?!?

We have played positive attacking football throughout the season, it’s what’s got us to where we are, so why would anyone think or expect us to change that approach? Especially when we’re 3-0 up with only 45 minutes left to play! The opposition haven’t scored in the first 45 minutes while we have scored 3, what signs were there that we’d have to completely change how we’ve played for over half a season for 45 minutes of football while already 3-0 up?

All the players had to do was do what they had done for the first half! And they didn’t!

People are moaning about LJ’s substitutions, Diony is clearly highly rated (£9m fee only 6 months or so prior) but as we’ve been warned he needs his confidence lifting & he wants to get back to playing with a smile on his face, what better opportunity to give him than 45 minutes while the team is 3-0 up against a relegation threatened team, there was no pressure on him, we weren’t chasing a winning goal or bringing him on from behind, it was the ideal opportunity to give him a proper opportunity. Let’s not forget that The Championship is widely reported as being a very difficult league to just walk into & hit the ground running, if Diony didn’t need bringing up to speed & a little bit of nurturing, he wouldn’t be with us!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

We can still play entertaining football and not be so open. Wolves are solid defensively and play attractive football. With the flair players we have, we will always be entertaining. I'm not saying go all out defence in the second half. Either keep Reid on or bring Pato inside in his place. We'd have actually been more solid defensively and offensively with Pato in his more natural position, behind diedhiou. On the ball we were playing a 4-2-4 formation second half, with 2 out and out strikers who were not dropping back like Reid does or Pato would in that position. I don't think players should take responsibility when they are being given bad instructions. I'm not using hindsight. I posted yesterday how poor we were at half time. And to me it was quite clear we were only going to be worse without bobby and diony in his place. I would not have shut up shop, but at 3-1 and then 3-2 to still not shut up shop, what was Johnson thinking. So it's laughable that I want us to defend properly? 

Serious question, but what flair players would they be? I consider us to be a compact, hard-working unit, but definitely not blessed with many flair players.

57 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Wolves have set-up that way from the start of the season & have had very little injury problems & if they have, they have a squad of players that is capable of filling for those injuries, we haven’t had that luxury!

How many of those supporters that were there yesterday would of walked away after the game if we had come away with a 3-0 win because we shut up shop? At 3-0 up at half-time, more or less everyone would of expected us to go on & win at the very least, the majority of those there would of expected us to add to our goals tally, after all, we’re 3-0 up against a relegation threatened team so why would anyone expect us to change a game plan that has got us 3-0 up?

As I said, hindsight is a wonderful thing but at 3-0 up, even the Sunderland supporters would of expected us to win & to add to our goals tally in the process!

It was the players who didn’t defend adequately & who didn’t do what they were doing in the first half by supplying opportunities on a plate rather than going for their own personal gain of scoring themselves instead of setting a team mate up in a better position! I’m sure LJ’s half-time team talk didn’t consist of telling the players to go out there & try & score a more difficult opportunity rather than setting up a team mate in an easier position! These are adults & professionals we’re talking about here, not kids!

As I’ve said above, at 3-0 up, people would of still moaned if we had shut up shop & won 3-0, they would of complained that we should of taken advantage to improve our goal difference because the game was already won, we’re a team in the top 6 against a team in the bottom 3 & we’re 3-0 up!

The players became selfish (the attacking ones in particular), if at half-time LJ had replaced Reid with Magnússon, Diedhiou with Kelly & Paterson for another more defensive player (protecting our 3-0 lead), he would of been given tonnes of abuse & this place would of been just as toxic as it was last season because we hadn’t taken advantage of our position.

We conceded 2 own goals, they were two freak goals, it wasn’t like the players kicked the ball to clear it & misplaced it into the net, both goals literally just hit Brownhill & Pack, there was nothing they could do about it, what’s the chances of that ever happening again in one game?

I just don’t understand what anyone is expecting LJ to do at 3-0 up? I would hazard a guess that he told them at half-time to continue doing what they had just done in the first-half & not to suddenly go out there & start taking shots on themselves rather than setting up a better placed team mate?!?

We have played positive attacking football throughout the season, it’s what’s got us to where we are, so why would anyone think or expect us to change that approach? Especially when we’re 3-0 up with only 45 minutes left to play! The opposition haven’t scored in the first 45 minutes while we have scored 3, what signs were there that we’d have to completely change how we’ve played for over half a season for 45 minutes of football while already 3-0 up?

All the players had to do was do what they had done for the first half! And they didn’t!

People are moaning about LJ’s substitutions, Diony is clearly highly rated (£9m fee only 6 months or so prior) but as we’ve been warned he needs his confidence lifting & he wants to get back to playing with a smile on his face, what better opportunity to give him than 45 minutes while the team is 3-0 up against a relegation threatened team, there was no pressure on him, we weren’t chasing a winning goal or bringing him on from behind, it was the ideal opportunity to give him a proper opportunity. Let’s not forget that The Championship is widely reported as being a very difficult league to just walk into & hit the ground running, if Diony didn’t need bringing up to speed & a little bit of nurturing, he wouldn’t be with us!

Cant say a bad word against LJ on here mind can you cawhh!

2 hours ago, Red7 said:

I don't doubt that he is a quality player and that having him back will boost the squad, but aren't we overstating his importance to this team a little, given that he's only completed five full games for us? Most of the good things we have done this season and received plaudits for have been with Wright at right back.

Fair comments. Though Pisano will give us more attacking strength on the right side, if he can pick up where he left off.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Cant say a bad word against LJ on here mind can you cawhh!

What is there to say bad about him? He’s turned us round from a relegation threatened team to cup semi-finalists & play-off contenders in less than a year despite having players that are of lesser ability to those bigger clubs in this division!

What were you realistically expecting at the start of this season?

3 hours ago, Red7 said:

Yes and one of the big priorities this summer has to be to sign a decent alternative.

31 league games gone and he has started just 6 of them, if his availability record is even three times as good next season then we will still need another RB.

8 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

What is there to say bad about him? He’s turned us round from a relegation threatened team to cup semi-finalists & play-off contenders in less than a year despite having players that are of lesser ability to those bigger clubs in this division!

What were you realistically expecting at the start of this season?

Theres the nibble :clapping:

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

Theres the nibble :clapping:

Not a nibble, to be quite honest I couldn’t care less if you rate LJ or not but as a supporter of Bristol City, I back everyone connected with the club because I want success, I find it strange how other ‘supporters’ seem to enjoy having a reason to moan about a club they supposedly ‘support’! Each to their own though.

You give yourself a pat on the back for being able to add something to the discussion though.

** Ooh, I wonder if I might get a ‘nibble’? I hope so because it’ll make my Sunday!

15 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Can’t come back soon enough, not because Wright or any others have been hugely poor at RB, but to restore balance to our attacking and defensive display. Hope he’s getting their for next Saturday, likely not though. 

We need him back but I wouldn't say others have been poor? 

We're top 6 and have had a great cup run with a makeshift right back so bit harsh to call them poor.

Archived