IGNORED

Thank you fellow Reds

Redmycolour

54 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I once intervened when I saw a guy slapping a girl about in Queen’s Square late on a Friday night.....turns out she was his girlfriend, she screamed loads of abuse in my face for restraining him and then they both started laying into me....sort of makes you wonder why you bother .... I appreciate that wasn’t a football-related incident but bystanders are reluctant to get involved...they can end up in trouble...

Never ever get involved in a domestic.  She's in that relationship because she likes bad lads and all the drama that goes with it; she doesn't want a white knight to rescue her so just leave them to it.

7 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Never ever get involved in a domestic.  She's in that relationship because she likes bad lads and all the drama that goes with it; she doesn't want a white knight to rescue her so just leave them to it.

At the risk of going off topic on a football forum, I politely suggest you do your research into domestic abuse/abusive relationships before you go making sweeping generalisations about a situation you know the bare minimum about :) 

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

At the risk of going off topic on a football forum, I politely suggest you do your research into domestic abuse/abusive relationships before you go making sweeping generalisations about a situation you know the bare minimum about :) 

I do have second hand experience thereof and know sufficient to know never to get between two people in a relationship when they are having a go at each other.  Erin Pizzey was brutally honest about the dynamics of these relationships and was mercilessly hounded for it.

It happens time and time again that through noble intention a stranger steps in to defend the woman and then finds the man and the woman turning upon him. It is not worth the risk; I would always just leave them to it and would always advise any other bloke to do just that.

I have tackled a mugger and was slashed with a knife for my pains so am not afraid to get involved but when it's a domestic I will just walk on by every time.

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Completely agree. Sadly most days someone will die from domestic violence (usually a woman at the hands of a male partner).  If you witness a woman being assaulted then call the police, you may just save their life.  

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Nope double time only on bank holidays I am afraid

Why should police officers get paid double time on Bank Holidays..? 

Seems utterly bizarre to me! 

Is your job not to ensure the safety of supporters/the public..? Why should you be paid more for this on a bank holiday than you are on any other day..? Especially as cutbacks have led to huge issues, should this be the first place to be making some much needed savings..? 

I know many people get paid extra on bank holidays, but surely the career choice of being an officer doesn’t justify being paid double time to keep people safe. Many job roles don't pay additional bank holiday rates. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Is your job not to ensure the safety of supporters/the public..? Why should you be paid more for this on a bank holiday than you are on any other day..? Especially as cutbacks have led to huge issues, should this be the first place to be making some much needed savings..? 

I know many people get paid extra on bank holidays, but surely the career choice of being an officer doesn’t justify being paid double time to keep people safe. Many job roles don't pay additional bank holiday rates. 

Could it be because a policemans lot is not a happy one ? :dunno: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N81Js_SkXak

soz :facepalm: 

11 hours ago, JulieH said:

Not quite right

normal pay on sundays 

each game is assessed in consultation with Bristol city and an assessment sent from the visiting team. Numbers of police , if any, are agreed at this consultation . 

It is also correct thee were 2 local pcsos who were on duty in the area also as part of their normal duty 

it is very normal for this level of policing at Ashton gate. We work alongside the club to accurately get the policing at the correct level. It is a reflection of good fan behaviour at home games that enables us to do this . 

Obvioulsy if there is a risk identified with regards to the fixture then if requested by bcfc the policing levels will increase. 

Saw these officers walking around the concourse before the game, utterly pointless 

surely they are better served outside the ground before the game.. 

Walking back to Bower Ashton to get the bus after games,it has nearly kicked off a couple of times,but although we’re a bit long in tooth now,we stand our ground and it seems to fizzle out,but mainly we have a good chat with most away fans.

23 hours ago, redmycolour said:

I would like to thank all other Bristol city who walked bye in Ashton Rd ( behind old old car showroom ),yesterday after the game when when myself (OAP) my son and son in law were approached by about 10 Sunderland fans threatening us,it could have got.hostille, but I was amazed by the amount of fellow Reds that walk bye, I thought we all stood together, but thanks for your non help, 

In France there is a law " Non Assistance to a person in danger " you could be in trouble if you walk by a fight  and do nothing or drive past a road accident for example.

If the idiots were just giving it large there is not much to say . If they attacked you then that's a completely different scenario.

21 hours ago, reddoh said:

Did you pay to go purple?

if not should you pay to go Blue

and even more for Blue flashing lights?

and on a more serious not a few years ago a policewoman ran across winterstoke road and took out a guy who was about to hit me or someone else I nearly dropped the teddy bear for a grandson  Money well spent at least for the policewoman.

she may not remember but I do :)

Well can get blue flashing lights?  Where do I pay? 

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Well can get blue flashing lights?  Where do I pay? 

send me your bank details but as a one off not only will you get blue flashing lights but you will also get the millions I have in safe keeping from from a distant relative of yours. :)

10 minutes ago, reddoh said:

send me your bank details but as a one off not only will you get blue flashing lights but you will also get the millions I have in safe keeping from from a distant relative of yours. :)

Is it from my cousin in Sierra Leone? 

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

Yes but I didn't want to put that on the internet in case somebody tried to scam you

She's already tried. Told me she had  $25m in the bank but I know for a fact it is  $26m. And if she thinks I will accept only a 20% cut then she is mistaken 

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

She's already tried. Told me she had  $25m in the bank but I know for a fact it is  $26m. And if she thinks I will accept only a 20% cut then she is mistaken 

Hang out for the full amount It may sound to good to be true but it may be true and you may also get a free lunch.

18 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but the force that a relative of mine works for (not A&S) will not have a full rota of staff working on a Bank Holiday unless they have a specific need eg a big event, often only half of the staff who would normally be on duty on that day are actually working and getting the extra pay.

46 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

I don't know if it's the same everywhere, but the force that a relative of mine works for (not A&S) will not have a full rota of staff working on a Bank Holiday unless they have a specific need eg a big event, often only half of the staff who would normally be on duty on that day are actually working and getting the extra pay.

Yes that is correct and how it works in Avon and Somerset also..

54 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

That also sounds like nonsense though. Surely crime doesn’t stop/half for bank holidays..! In fact there are usually more events on, that will need policing. 

Personally, I think the police on the street earn every penny dealing with the ***** of society  and I wouldn’t begrudge them extra on Bank Holidays. 

Think, though, Bank Holiday payments should be funded from savings from abolishing the elected political roles of Mayor and Police Commisioners both a total and utter waste of public money. 

Archived