IGNORED

Next 3 games how many points?

Super

3 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

9 or 0 anything is possible with this team.

Football is all about momentum though. Especially in the case of lee Johnson’s teams. Hence I’d be amazed if we got anywhere near 9 points from the next 3 games. I’m expecting one or two points  tbh.

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Horrible run of fixtures compared to the last three.

It would be such a Bristol City thing to do to get 7 points or something. Because of that that’s what I’ll predict.

Win at Leeds, Win against Fulham, Draw against Cardiff. 

Wouldn’t at all surprise me that. We haven’t had the best of luck recently either,  could do with a couple of refereeing decisions, injuries and goals going our way a little bit.

8 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Wouldn’t at all surprise me that. We haven’t had the best of luck recently either,  could do with a couple of refereeing decisions, injuries and goals going our way a little bit.

Strange isn't it. We've been poor, collectively and individually and yet in the time if we had had a little luck with decisions we would probably still be right up there. Whether you don't notice so much when you're on a good run or you forget, maybe because they are not so important, those decisions don't seem so big. 
I'm not too optimistic for the 3 games. We never win at Leeds, Cardiff are a horrible side o play and Fulham are bang in form. We need to get back some early season form, then I'd say 5,6 or 7 points would be possible, as it is 0-2 maybe.

From a negative perspective, City has only gained 1 point against two relegation teams  - Bolton and Sunderland. From a positive perspective, City could easily have gained 6 points with the breaks going City’s way. So, in  other words, it could be anything from 0 to 9 points, which highlights the current problem. What is the best team, and what are the best tactics?

All tough on paper. Leeds also in poor form but will be a first home game for the new manager desperate for 3pts. Fulham have been flying recently but hopefully their attacking style will play into our hands, and Cardiff game is obviously a difficult one.

I would of predicted 6 points from the last 2 games so I’ll predict 1 point from the next 3 and hope I’m very wrong again :fingerscrossed:

zero points !   we are great at playing poor teams back in to form , from memory leeds h on a poor run , lose 3 nil,  bolton near bottom , grind out a win, villa on a poor run, get spanked 5 nil ( tired from cup games excuse )  throw away a 3 goal lead home to sunderland  to draw 3 all  . i think qpr away on a poor run, and we draw . norwich h , i think in a poor vein of form.  a bit of a habbit ? 

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

From a negative perspective, City has only gained 1 point against two relegation teams  - Bolton and Sunderland. From a positive perspective, City could easily have gained 6 points with the breaks going City’s way. So, in  other words, it could be anything from 0 to 9 points, which highlights the current problem. What is the best team, and what are the best tactics?

What is our best team? One that has Magnússon at left back & Joe Beyan in front of him. Need Baker back for Fulham & Cardiff, which allows Wright to go to right back, plus allows Smith and Brownhill to stay in midfield.

As for tactics, stay tight and break fast with Reid & Diedhoui. Bring on more pace with Kent with 15-20 mins to go to scare the opposition.

And how many points will that get us? No idea. We are back to being inconsistent and throwing away points with a certain abandon. We must be a joy to bookmakers!

Four. Draw at Leeds or Cardiff and beat Fulham.

We really have to beat Wednesday in the game after that though as I doubt we`ll get anything at PNE the following Tuesday.

Where we are after the next five games will give us a pretty good idea of where we`re going to finish IMO. If we can get seven or eight points from the next five we`ll then need to win six or seven of our last ten for a shot at the playoffs.

9 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Glass half full with a crack down the side? :laugh:

Emptied with no refill available!

to be honest, ive loved the way we have played this season and think we are doing great considering ridiculous amounts of injuries. 

Just a lot of naieve instances in games recently that has cost us a fair few points.

Shame really. Whether weve over achieved or not i just think finishing outside of top 6 will be a massive underachievement considering how long weve been up there.  

3 hours ago, Dr Balls said:

What is our best team? One that has Magnússon at left back & Joe Beyan in front of him. Need Baker back for Fulham & Cardiff, which allows Wright to go to right back, plus allows Smith and Brownhill to stay in midfield.

As for tactics, stay tight and break fast with Reid & Diedhoui. Bring on more pace with Kent with 15-20 mins to go to scare the opposition.

And how many points will that get us? No idea. We are back to being inconsistent and throwing away points with a certain abandon. We must be a joy to bookmakers!

I think it probably is....certainly the bulk of the side that went toe to toe with "Manchester’s Finest" and strung impressive league results together.

Assuming form and fitness I don’t think I’d look much beyond this group.  Impossible to pick an eleven that everyone will agree with, but something like this:

Fielding

Pisano (Wright) / Flint / Baker / Bryan (Magnússon)

Brownhill (Kent) / Smith / Pack / O’Dowda (Bryan)

Reid / Diedhiou (Paterson / Diony for either)

The players in brackets are my sub options, but I might mix n match game by game.  I’m really torn between Magnússon and Bryan at LB, as I like Bryan on LM, O’Dowda could easily swap to RM/RW.

Archived