IGNORED

Next 3 games how many points?

Super

18 hours ago, pongo88 said:

From a negative perspective, City has only gained 1 point against two relegation teams  - Bolton and Sunderland. From a positive perspective, City could easily have gained 6 points with the breaks going City’s way. So, in  other words, it could be anything from 0 to 9 points, which highlights the current problem. What is the best team, and what are the best tactics?

Best team/tactics - having two players who can play at right and left back would be a start.

3 fixtures where we usually struggle to get anything, so I'm feeling a bit pessimistic about these games. We have to get something away at Leeds and Cardiff at some point, though, so hopefully this season will be it.

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think it probably is....certainly the bulk of the side that went toe to toe with "Manchester’s Finest" and strung impressive league results together.

Assuming form and fitness I don’t think I’d look much beyond this group.  Impossible to pick an eleven that everyone will agree with, but something like this:

Fielding

Pisano (Wright) / Flint / Baker / Bryan (Magnússon)

Brownhill (Kent) / Smith / Pack / O’Dowda (Bryan)

Reid / Diedhiou (Paterson / Diony for either)

The players in brackets are my sub options, but I might mix n match game by game.  I’m really torn between Magnússon and Bryan at LB, as I like Bryan on LM, O’Dowda could easily swap to RM/RW.

Completely agree with this group of players. We need to get back to the things we were getting right before Xmas.

Not as drastic as last year but it does kind of feel that the league has found us out a little following a great start, we either adapt or fade away this year as playing the way we have done doesn't seem effective now.

Need to start demonstrating some resilience and start grinding our results, 4 pts for me 1pt Leeds and 3pts Fulham.  

I can see a loss on Sunday coming an absolute mile off. A place where we've lost on our last six visits, Leeds out to impress their new manager and us smarting from one of the most spineless, gutless capitulations in living memory. A point there would be an unbelievable result, but it's one of those games where the script is just so so predictable.

I should probably stop posting for a while as I hate being negative but Saturday just absolutely crushed my belief in this team.

12 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

I can see a loss on Saturday coming an absolute mile off. A place where we've lost on our last six visits, Leeds out to impress their new manager and us smarting from one of the most spineless, gutless capitulations in living memory. A point there would be an unbelievable result, but it's one of those games where the script is just so so predictable.

I should probably stop posting for a while as I hate being negative but Saturday just absolutely crushed my belief in this team.

Sunday

On 11/02/2018 at 14:10, Phileas Fogg said:

Horrible run of fixtures compared to the last three.

It would be such a Bristol City thing to do to get 7 points or something. Because of that that’s what I’ll predict.

Win at Leeds, Win against Fulham, Draw against Cardiff. 

I was thinking the same. Especially since the last 11 league games v Leeds has been w1, d1, lost 9.... That form is going to change.

I think we will be outside the top 6 though on saturday evening for the first time since?... Oct is it?

24 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I think we will be outside the top 6 though on saturday evening for the first time since?... Oct is it?

You think Preston will beat Wolves, by more than one goal..? 

Possible, of course, but unlikely. 

Archived