IGNORED

DO WE REALLY WANT PROMOTION

highridge reds

WHATS the point in having so many so called promising players,ie taylor-more, engvale,eliasson,taylor, walsh signed for serious money none can command a regular place then loaning a French dud.We needed a provan right back and a striker to strengthen the squad and push for promotion.we,re letting a fabulous opportunity fade into a mid table mediocrity.I think Lansdown needs to replace  our management team with  proven experience,so the team can deliver promotion which the club deserves.  

Cant agree,, lj has worked miracles getting us where we are. If the best that the club can do is to sanction those 3 arrivals in january, then whether there are financial constraints or not, lj can only do so much with them.

with our league position, numerous big gates over 20000, and a billionaire owner, it ought to have been possible to get in the goalscoring striker and rb we needed, but it didnt happen, its not ljs fault we dont have the paris st germain transfer budget.

The idea with the promising players is, to get them to train on and improve. They then are worth more if we sell and hopefully improve the team. This for the most part has worked. Last year there were questions about ODowda and  Brownhill and others, now Brownhill is a regular and everyone is saying how we miss COD. It takes time and some might not make it, but many will. I still think Taylor Moore could be good for us.
The management team has got us to the top end of the Championship and semi final of a cup . Yeah we've hit a slump of late but just as when we were on a great run we were not going to storm the League, it's not like we're relegation fodder now. 
As for the French dud, it was a free hit. Loan and if he's good we can buy, he went for £9m last year so someone saw a player there , and fairly recently.
I don't know if this is a fishing expedition or a wind up but as they say, it's good to talk.

4 hours ago, highridge reds said:

WHATS the point in having so many so called promising players,ie taylor-more, engvale,eliasson,taylor, walsh signed for serious money none can command a regular place then loaning a French dud.We needed a provan right back and a striker to strengthen the squad and push for promotion.we,re letting a fabulous opportunity fade into a mid table mediocrity.I think Lansdown needs to replace  our management team with  proven experience,so the team can deliver promotion which the club deserves.  

We were one of the favourites with the bookies for relegation pre-season and I think 98% of fans would've taken mid-table obscurity before the start of the season.

We are currently on a bad run, yet still sit in 6th. Even if we ended up 12th, this season would have to be considered progression. 

So we sign an experienced striker and an experienced right back, we therefore pay the going rate for someone who you'd want getting us promoted so £10m plus for a striker on big wages and at least a few mil for the right back again on big wages. If we failed to get promoted, which in reality looks like there's only 2 spots left then we've forked out big money that seriously impacts how we'd be able to operate over the next couple of seasons to ensure we comply with FFP.

As for Taylor Moore, how can so many people come on here and write off a 20 year old! We seem to get people every few weeks bringing him up. Bobby not a first team regular until 24, Joe not until 21 in the league below, at his age both were playing on loan in league two. Engvall has been done to death on here, Eliasson has shown promise but is behind Pato, Kent and Brownhill as a wide option (O'Dowda when back too). Taylor.... serious money? Come off it and as for Walsh he's been here no more than a month and to most its clear the lad has serious potential.

3 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

We were one of the favourites with the bookies for relegation pre-season and I think 98% of fans would've taken mid-table obscurity before the start of the season.

We are currently on a bad run, yet still sit in 6th. Even if we ended up 12th, this season would have to be considered progression. 

Some fans can't look big picture...

4 hours ago, highridge reds said:

get back to sagshat

5 hours ago, highridge reds said:

Stinks of gas

5 hours ago, highridge reds said:

I think this post wins the award for most ridiculous post on OTIB in the last few weeks. How on earth can you write a comment asking to replace Lee Johnson when he has achieved such great progress with this side, and completely restuctured an inefficient football club into a modern, innovative club with huge media attention. 

We are sustainable, with a quality youth set up and I for one am massively pleased with the manner in which Lee and Steve are approaching achieving success in this league. 

As for unproven players, a few years ago Bobby, Flint and Bryan were all "Not good enough," look at them now. This is the way forward.

Yes - stupid question.

Go up, take the money, invest wisely,  come back down with one or two better players.  Do so once or twice. Become a team capable of Premiership mediocrity. At least we'd be watching top notch quality week in week out and as losing in the Carabao showed, boy can that be entertaining.

The Northern Tribe can watch enviously from the shadows of their own obscurity.

6 minutes ago, Williams' Penalty said:

I think this post wins the award for most ridiculous post on OTIB in the last few weeks. How on earth can you write a comment asking to replace Lee Johnson when he has achieved such great progress with this side, and completely restuctured an inefficient football club into a modern, innovative club with huge media attention. 

We are sustainable, with a quality youth set up and I for one am massively pleased with the manner in which Lee and Steve are approaching achieving success in this league. 

As for unproven players, a few years ago Bobby, Flint and Bryan were all "Not good enough," look at them now. This is the way forward.

Get used to it mate - it`s half term this week remember.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

So should we have not bothered buying odowda and Brownhill last season? They weren't getting in the first team most games. Young, promising players should be instantly brilliant shouldn't they...

Good response

1 hour ago, hodge said:

So we sign an experienced striker and an experienced right back, we therefore pay the going rate for someone who you'd want getting us promoted so £10m plus for a striker on big wages and at least a few mil for the right back again on big wages. If we failed to get promoted, which in reality looks like there's only 2 spots left then we've forked out big money that seriously impacts how we'd be able to operate over the next couple of seasons to ensure we comply with FFP.

As for Taylor Moore, how can so many people come on here and write off a 20 year old! We seem to get people every few weeks bringing him up. Bobby not a first team regular until 24, Joe not until 21 in the league below, at his age both were playing on loan in league two. Engvall has been done to death on here, Eliasson has shown promise but is behind Pato, Kent and Brownhill as a wide option (O'Dowda when back too). Taylor.... serious money? Come off it and as for Walsh he's been here no more than a month and to most its clear the lad has serious potential.

Good response.

I think you deserve ‘likes’ for taking the time and trouble to respond to a new poster’s ‘WUM’ 1st Post.

• Admin
14 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Yes - stupid question.

Go up, take the money, invest wisely,  come back down with one or two better players.  Do so once or twice. Become a team capable of Premiership mediocrity. At least we'd be watching top notch quality week in week out and as losing in the Carabao showed, boy can that be entertaining.

The Northern Tribe can watch enviously from the shadows of their own obscurity.

Bloody hell, they’d implode, with arthritic wrists and permanently blistered palms if we went up, then got relegated a season later.......

Archived