IGNORED

Train with the Rugby Club ...

Jarman

Just a random thought but Bristol Rugby are having one hell of a season ... Pat Lam invests so much energy into engaging with the community, including taking an assembly at BGS.  Maybe a joint training session might toughen up the lads a bit ... seriously ... That single point victory in West London last evening was awesome ... And his players coach at local clubs such as Avonmouth OB ... Maybe a few players coaching at RG St George or Brislington rather than a jolly to Dubai might toughen the squad up a little ... 

The rugby lads are in a massively inferior league having finished bottom in the top league and ignominiously relegated last year. This year they are fantastically well resourced by SL's money far beyond anything else in their league. They are simply doing what they should be with all their massive advantages and nothing else. Still, great result sqeaking past Ealing yesterday.

By the way, I wish them well and hope they can establish themselves next year but any idea that something special is happening is just nuts...

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Are you lost? Why are you making suggestions to improve City when you support Rovers?

Because for some really sad reason the MINUTE we have the slightest of stumbles and they actually win a game or two they come out of the woodwork. But let's not worry, they'll crawl back under some grubby stone again very soon.

I think that you will find that Ealing are being fairly massively backed by an ambitious chair, too ... he has had the club fully audited and they are also in a position to join the Premiership ... And I would suspect that the highest paid player at BCFC probably earns far more than Bristol's front row, maybe even their scrum.  

1 hour ago, Jarman said:

Just a random thought but Bristol Rugby are having one hell of a season ... Pat Lam invests so much energy into engaging with the community, including taking an assembly at BGS.  Maybe a joint training session might toughen up the lads a bit ... seriously ... That single point victory in West London last evening was awesome ... And his players coach at local clubs such as Avonmouth OB ... Maybe a few players coaching at RG St George or Brislington rather than a jolly to Dubai might toughen the squad up a little ... 

Why are you still here?

In football terms Bristol Rugby are a Premier League team playing in League 1. The gulf between the Premiership and the Championship in rugby is far greater than the equivalent football divisions, with average attendance in the Championship of less than 2,000. Even Ealing Trailfinders, second in the league, could only pull in a crowd of approx 1500 against Bristol on Saturday. There is no comparison between the difficulty faced by City each week and that faced by Bristol Rugby 

3 hours ago, Jarman said:

I think that you will find that Ealing are being fairly massively backed by an ambitious chair, too ... he has had the club fully audited and they are also in a position to join the Premiership ... And I would suspect that the highest paid player at BCFC probably earns far more than Bristol's front row, maybe even their scrum.  

Ealing have non existent support and their ground is nowhere near Prem standard - remind you of anyone, mate??

As for City's highest earner being on more than Bristol's front row, that may be true but at least the City player is half way competent.   

15 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I agree fully. The rugby lads have the right mentality. 

I’m not a fan of loan signings either I mean does Ryan Kent really care if we go up auto, make play offs or finish 7th hand on heart? 

Well that's a totally unrelated point, but as an example our most successful and hard working player last season was Tammy. What Kent wants or is committed to, I don't know but if I was in his position, I would want the team I played for getting promoted so I can put that on my CV along with a chance to play at Wembley in one of the biggest games in European football.

13 hours ago, pongo88 said:

In football terms Bristol Rugby are a Premier League team playing in League 1. The gulf between the Premiership and the Championship in rugby is far greater than the equivalent football divisions, with average attendance in the Championship of less than 2,000. Even Ealing Trailfinders, second in the league, could only pull in a crowd of approx 1500 against Bristol on Saturday. There is no comparison between the difficulty faced by City each week and that faced by Bristol Rugby 

And about 700 of that crowd was Bristol fans

The difference between the top 4 and bottom 4 in the premiership is like Premier League and League 1, the Championship is basically non-league, there are amateur teams in there and Ealing are really a National side pushing well above their weight. I don't think having City training with the rugby would be a good idea at all, the two sports are so different it would be meaningless

6 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And about 700 of that crowd was Bristol fans

The difference between the top 4 and bottom 4 in the premiership is like Premier League and League 1, the Championship is basically non-league, there are amateur teams in there and Ealing are really a National side pushing well above their weight. I don't think having City training with the rugby would be a good idea at all, the two sports are so different it would be meaningless

The fact that City and the rugby club have separate plans for new training grounds would appear to back up your point.

22 hours ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I agree fully. The rugby lads have the right mentality. 

I’m not a fan of loan signings either I mean does Ryan Kent really care if we go up auto, make play offs or finish 7th hand on heart? 

Shame they didnt have this mentality last season when they were shown right up hey? Let's not start thinking they are the be all when they have had a good season in a very poor league. Anything less than what they are doing would be shocking. In fact I thought winning by the one point was kinda shit tbh. A good win yes, but shocking when you compare the two clubs.

Maybe he doesnt care too much about us but he certainly would care about making a career for himself in the top flight. Could you not say the same about Tammy when he first joined?

And tbh in the last two games Kent has been one of only a few who does seem to care.

Archived