IGNORED

Just found this on the Leeds forum

Coombsy

What an honourable honest man Johnson is.....blames himself

His Bristol side played some scintillating football, could have scored seven or eight goals.

Sunderland got lucky with two of their three goals

Have to say a fantastic save from the Bristol keeper Fielding at 3-2 

Lee Johnson interview

3 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Christ, seeing those own goals back for the first time, horrible luck.

The last one, off of Pack’s heel..! 

He couldn’t do that again deliberately, if he tried it 100 times! 

Very unlucky indeed!

The bizarre thing, now that the dust has settled a bit and emotions have calmed somewhat, current form table aside, we are actually in a better position to make the play offs now, than we were on Saturday morning!! It just felt like a defeat last night and could/should be 2 points better off, but the Fact is, we have a game less to go and still have a 3 point cushion, for now..! 

COYR!

10 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Christ, seeing those own goals back for the first time, horrible luck.

Indeed so. 

The first one rebounded off the cross bar deflecting onto down onto Brownhills shins and into the net. If you thought that was unlucky Packs was an even worse deflection............:facepalm:

Sunderland were diabolical in the first half, better in the second but didn't still deserve anything.

6 hours ago, Fiale said:

Reid was involved in everything good in our three goals and a couple of other chances, makes it even more bizzare he was replaced in our bid to chase more goals for a better goal difference.

He was limping quite heavily after a knock. Imagine if he had aggravated it further in the second half, having not been taken off despite us being 3-0 up at home against one of the worst teams in the league. But you're right, he was absolutely awesome. Lets hope he is OK for Sunday.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Indeed so. 

The first one rebounded off the cross bar deflecting onto down onto Brownhills shins and into the net. If you thought that was unlucky Packs was an even worse deflection............:facepalm:

Sunderland were diabolical in the first half, better in the second but didn't still deserve anything.

I think the point was deserved. We weren't that good in the first half and shocking in the second. Another 5 mins we would have lost that game. We were completely gone.

2 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

The shirt pull on Paterson is the thing that irks me the most personally.

It is unacceptable to lose a three goal lead obviously, but that's so blatant, I really don't know how it can not be given.

The thing that annoyed me most about that was that Smith got booked for doing outside of the box but they do it inside the box and it’s fine. As usual it’s the inconsistent refs that are the most frustrating.

30 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

The shirt pull on Paterson is the thing that irks me the most personally.

It is unacceptable to lose a three goal lead obviously, but that's so blatant, I really don't know how it can not be given.

He was offside. 

Ref waved playon from the linos flag so wouldnt have been a pen anyway. 

Strange decisions as always in the match. I wonder if being tall is a disadvantage - Dièdhiou was being climbed all over in the second half, ignored by the referee, then immediately after said official gives Sunderland a free kick when their player was beaten in the air to head a ball!

wasn't at the game and I've got to go on are these highlights - the goals we scored, wow, we looked so fast and powerful. The own goals, as others have said, totally hideous luck. There is no way we should be chucking away three goal leads at home to a team round the bottom, but it happens... I can imagine how this must have felt like a defeat, but as @Bar BS3 notes, we're in a better place than when we started. Onwards City!  

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The ref bottled it. He could obviously see it was a pen, it was too clear to miss. But that would have meant sending off their defender. We've had awful decisions the last 2 games. Overall this season I think we have had little luck from the officials. 

He was offside!!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Don't think it was given offside was it? Diony should have had pen too btw

The Paterson one was. The ref waved advantage and thumbs up to the lino. 

Either way we are scraping the excuses barrel for a game we shouldve won 5 or 6 nil that somehow we didnt even win!

7 minutes ago, nickolas said:

The Paterson one was. The ref waved advantage and thumbs up to the lino. 

Either way we are scraping the excuses barrel for a game we shouldve won 5 or 6 nil that somehow we didnt even win!

They too had chances that didn't go in. So 5 or 6 nil is a bit much.

50 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Why would Johnson moan about a decision when he's offside? I remember the ref waving play on but thought that was him saying we had an advantage before pato's heavy touch. 

EDIT. it came off of a sunderland player and the linesman did not flag

I sit right in line with the penalty area in the LS and I don’t recall seeing the Lino flag either....my first thought was offside (because I couldn’t sure who played the ball from the ricochet), and I didn’t see the Lino raise his flag.

Any footage to confirm?

Archived