IGNORED

Valentines Day

RedM

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I’d actually think it was funny if I got a gift like that, and practical too. 

I remember being taken as a very small child on Christmas Eve to get my mum her present from my Dad. Went into a big department store in town, spent all of 5 minutes choosing (think the store was about to close).  Can’t remember how delighted or not my Mum was with her present the next morning, but she used that bright yellow IRON for years!:clapping:

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.  She obviously already had an Ipad and an Iphone.

Just got back to my Hotel to find that the rather lovely little cleaning girl left this on my pillow ............................. "love is in the air !!! !

Ted.jpg

Love is in the air
Everywhere I look around
Love is in the air
Every sight and every sound

And I don't know if I'm being foolish
Don't know if I'm being wise
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when I look in your eyes

Love is in the air
In the whisper of the trees
Love is in the air
In the thunder of the sea

And I don't know if I'm just dreaming
Don't know if I feel sane
But it's something that I must believe in
And it's there when you call out my name

(Chorus)
Love is in the air

Do do do do do do

:banana::wub:

durex-play-massage-10473[1].jpg

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Is there anything more romantic than that ?

I'm sure all young women dream that one day someone will love them enough to give them a frying pan on Valentine's Day .

I haven't mentioned the Ironing Stool I bought after the good lady had been in hospital and on coming home I was told she could not stand for long periods..some of us just have the touch (or we are touched)!

48 minutes ago, Markman said:

I haven't mentioned the Ironing Stool I bought after the good lady had been in hospital and on coming home I was told she could not stand for long periods..some of us just have the touch (or we are touched)!

bought or produced ?

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

Thank God that’s over for another year, I guess all the tat is half price in the shops today.

So what’s next...Mothers Day I guess...

Even someone as bitter as me embraces Valentine's Day a tad: I exchanged cards with Mrs OTIK, gave her a packet of Jelly Tots (a reasonably large bag), told her I love her (which I do many times in the year, not just on 14/2), cooked her tea (well, defrosted and reheated some chilli I made the other day) and shared a bottle of rather nice Pouilly-Fuisse.

Who said romance is dead?

1 hour ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Even someone as bitter as me embraces Valentine's Day a tad: I exchanged cards with Mrs OTIK, gave her a packet of Jelly Tots (a reasonably large bag), told her I love her (which I do many times in the year, not just on 14/2), cooked her tea (well, defrosted and reheated some chilli I made the other day) and shared a bottle of rather nice Pouilly-Fuisse.

Who said romance is dead?

With chilli? How interesting.

We (my wife and I) shared a bottle of the same wine with my home-made carrot soup followed by linguine with garlic shrimps.

I hope you enjoyed your evening.

9 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

With chilli? How interesting.

We (my wife and I) shared a bottle of the same wine with my home-made carrot soup followed by linguine with garlic shrimps.

I hope you enjoyed your evening.

I am too lacking in culture to pair wines with food: we just drink what we like when we like.

37 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

I am too lacking in culture to pair wines with food: we just drink what we like when we like.

Ha!

I remember (vaguely) a scene in an old James Bond film where the 'Russian? villain' was exposed as he ordered red wine with his fish.

We live in France and drink a lot of wine (too much?), but, like you, drink whichever wine takes our fancy with the meal we are eating at the time, i.e. we do not adhere to the 'norms' of red wine with meat and cheese and white wine with fish.

I was just surprised that you chose such a marvellous Chardonnay to accompany your (presumably spicy) chilli - if you have any (wine) left, try it with some Roquefort cheese, and I promise you will not be disappointed.  

6 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha!

I remember (vaguely) a scene in an old James Bond film where the 'Russian? villain' was exposed as he ordered red wine with his fish.

We live in France and drink a lot of wine (too much?), but, like you, drink whichever wine takes our fancy with the meal we are eating at the time, i.e. we do not adhere to the 'norms' of red wine with meat and cheese and white wine with fish.

I was just surprised that you chose such a marvellous Chardonnay to accompany your (presumably spicy) chilli - if you have any (wine) left, try it with some Roquefort cheese, and I promise you will not be disappointed.  

"Chose" is possibly stretching the selection process somewhat: it was the first chilled white I dragged out of the drinks fridge, and likely the only one in there that was not a NZ S-B (my wife is not a fan of red, though she didn't object to the last of the Mouton Cadet I was polishing off earlier).

2 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Ha!

We went to a party here in France and some British ex Navy guy was there who insisted that we drink certain wines with certain courses. Now I told him to **** off because I drink what I like to drink. For example a sweet dessert wine just does not do it for me.  If you want a fight then give me red wine. Anyway I tend to stick with white wine which I can enjoy.

In saying that one of my best mates is one of the Courvoisier family who are based nearby in Jarnac. Have had many a night on the Cognac with him and I don't really like it but when in Rome etc etc.

Just as a by the by do any of you others who live in France find that any Brit who arrives and hears you speaking English want to be your Bessie mate? The reality being I wouldn't piss on most of them. And do you also find that they are in France to corner the market in homemade jam, jewellery or greetings cards ?

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We went to a party here in France and some British ex Navy guy was there who insisted that we drink certain wines with certain courses. Now I told him to **** off because I drink what I like to drink. For example a sweet dessert wine just does not do it for me.  If you want a fight then give me red wine. Anyway I tend to stick with white wine which I can enjoy.

In saying that one of my best mates is one of the Courvoisier family who are based nearby in Jarnac. Have had many a night on the Cognac with him and I don't really like it but when in Rome etc etc.

Just as a by the by do any of you others who live in France find that any Brit who arrives and hears you speaking English want to be your Bessie mate? The reality being I wouldn't piss on most of them. And do you also find that they are in France to corner the market in homemade jam, jewellery or greetings cards ?

Red wine with curry or roast beef....white with fish. But no hard and fast rules!

Hate bloody brandy, though.

Archived