IGNORED

Text Score Notifications?

boadle

Anyone know of a service that will send me Text or Whatsapp updates to BCFC games, ideally for free? I already use the BBC one, which sends push notifications, but I am specifically interested in supplementing this with Text or Whatsapp so that it comes to my Fitbit Watch if I am playing on a Tuesday night and City are too. Thanks!

11 minutes ago, boadle said:

Anyone know of a service that will send me Text or Whatsapp updates to BCFC games, ideally for free? I already use the BBC one, which sends push notifications, but I am specifically interested in supplementing this with Text or Whatsapp so that it comes to my Fitbit Watch if I am playing on a Tuesday night and City are too. Thanks!

Alright Ellis. Congratulations on your goal on Saturday!

I don't know if it would work with a Fitbit but Fotmob is the best football app I've had. It's much quicker for alerts than BBC (but not as fast as betting sites, they seem to be the quickest).

It's a really cool app, has so many features.

Anyone know if the sky broadcasts are on a time delay? Several times I've been watching in a pub and people around seem to get notifications before a goal is scored (on the tv). Also certain otib posters on the match thread appear to predict goals scored a while before anyone else!

1 hour ago, Midred said:

Anyone know if the sky broadcasts are on a time delay? Several times I've been watching in a pub and people around seem to get notifications before a goal is scored (on the tv). Also certain otib posters on the match thread appear to predict goals scored a while before anyone else!

Yes they are on a time delay. Remember being out on the main strip in alberfura with our pub showing the England game on bbc terrestrial and the pub accross the road too showing it on bbc but through sky England scored big cheer in our pub and about 15 seconds later a cheer from the other pub! 

17 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Yes they are on a time delay. Remember being out on the main strip in alberfura with our pub showing the England game on bbc terrestrial and the pub accross the road too showing it on bbc but through sky England scored big cheer in our pub and about 15 seconds later a cheer from the other pub! 

Yes, the England World Cup matches in the Summer have that problem. However, it's a technical issue where any satellite version will come second to a terrestrial broadcasted programme.

However, It's not a deliberate time delay though. 

Standard definition Terrestrial Broadcasts will always be a couple of seconds ahead of Sky. This is due to the Sky Version having to go 20,000 miles into Space before being bounced back to your receiver. Add the extra time for the signal to get to the satellite uplink and you are talking about a total of 2 to 3 seconds in delay.

However, that's nothing compared to an HD TV signal beamed up to the Astra satellite (for example) which has even more of a delay compared to the terrestrial aerial version. If you watch a BBC standard definition channel on Sky and then with your remote, change it to the HD version, you'll won't have missed a single frame. In fact, you'll go back a second before you switched to the HD version. It's a technical thing!

So, next time watch something outside in your garden on a standard definition channel and if the Pub is watching a Sky HD version of the same game, you'll be cheering a few seconds before them should Ingurrlund score first!

I get BBC notifications of teams, goals, half-time and full time result. I only need it for away games as I’m at all home games, but while watching the Bolton away game on NowTV Day Pass I was notified that Ameobi had scored for Bolton while City were still in the process of taking a corner at the other end ! 

1 hour ago, redapple said:

I get BBC notifications of teams, goals, half-time and full time result. I only need it for away games as I’m at all home games, but while watching the Bolton away game on NowTV Day Pass I was notified that Ameobi had scored for Bolton while City were still in the process of taking a corner at the other end ! 

Wait till you listen to BCTV audio commentary. The number of times I've been listening, only to be told by mates' texts at the game we had already scored a minute before I hear it! 

This is all due to the wonders of ISDN and sending the original feed to BBC Bristol before it is then returned and sent to a Bristolian server (Jo Durie....maybe).

I wouldn't say BCTV audio is slow, but apparently Lee Johnson is now our manager! 

17 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Wait till you listen to BCTV audio commentary. The number of times I've been listening, only to be told by mates' texts at the game we had already scored a minute before I hear it! 

This is all due to the wonders of ISDN and sending the original feed to BBC Bristol before it is then returned and sent to a Bristolian server (Jo Durie....maybe).

I wouldn't say BCTV audio is slow, but apparently Lee Johnson is now our manager! 

When did Cotterill leave?! I was hoping he'd at least stick around for this season, we actually look like getting promoted to the Championship.

Archived