IGNORED

OTIB 'get together'....

spudski

2 hours ago, spudski said:

....has there ever been one?

Would forum users be open to one...say at the end of the season in the Sports bar?

Or do most enjoy being anonymous?

I've met probably a dozen forum users, all nice people, and in some cases completely different to how you imagine.

Could be interesting...:laugh:

Few drinks...some kicking off etc.

Not even sure whether I'd be up for it tbh :laughcont:

I am anonymous. Sometimes even I don't know who I  am .

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

It would be the ultimate test of the stadium WiFi.

Can picture it now, everyone from OTIB who goes to the meet up scattered around the sports bar looking at their phones and slagging each other off/arguing with each other on OTIB.

Actually, that sounds like every other Saturday.

36 minutes ago, Super said:

Calm down she won't be in uniform

......not for long anyway!  ....by the sounds of it if Big Tone gets his way.

Slow down, Big Tone, take your time, you blew it with Dolly by being too keen, don't make the same mistakes with Julie...and hang on to your smelly cheese a bit longer.  

Play it cool this time mate and the chances are it'll soon be here taking down your particulars anyway, things will proceed from there, reckon she's the type who likes to be 'courted'..  

PS.. @BigTone you'll be under a vest in no time.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Could have karaoke on the stadium PA!

Would be great for the shy as no bugger would be able to hear you.

Crikey Rob, if I sang, it would certainly show where the PA works as everyone would be running FROM those areas! I am to singing what Henry VIII was to marriage guidance! :redcard:

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This is a good idea, but we need a way to identify each other. Perhaps a post it with your forum name stuck on your forehead?

Or to make it interesting, we pull a random username out of a hat and try and guess who we are, asking searching questions, such as ‘will I boo?’, ‘have I ever flown to Newcastle and back before a game kicks off?’ or ‘can I hear the tannoy announcements?’  

Several years ago a couple of posters from otib and I were at Chesterfield away and met up with a couple of other posters - both of whom no longer post by chance.

One of the guys I was with had had several tetchy arguement with one of the others via otib and when they met there was a distinct feeling of anonymity from one to the other........

Just a warning boys and girls.........

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Several years ago a couple of posters from otib and I were at Chesterfield away and met up with a couple of other posters - both of whom no longer post by chance.

One of the guys I was with had had several tetchy arguement with one of the others via otib and when they met there was a distinct feeling of anonymity from one to the other........

I’m sure once they meet you they’ll realise you’re alright really ;) 

I can think of about 10 people I have met from on here, mainly that I knew from the old City Mailing List meetups at the Pumphouse/Nova Scotia from about 1999 onwards.

It became a regular pre-match gathering for a fair few seasons.

I'm fairly certain the guy that sits in front of me in S24 is a regular here but no idea who he is. I just see him browsing the forum on his phone at HT quite often.

21 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Whips out everyone in case the forum whipping boy turns up

23 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No problem then unless you mean animosity? (I just love autocorrect).

Archived