IGNORED

OTIB 'get together'....

spudski

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's the lot of them. I reckon a good 80% of OTIB is clean shaven, hairless, bald, empty follicle'd.

Think I'd break down seeing people like Robbored in real life, I just know him as the poster with the unbelievably obnoxious personality.

Fixed for accuracy.

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I think there are more women on here than what we actually understands. I would like to talk to them and I would like to win back a few people who has put me on ignore

You're ******* insane, I love it.

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I think there are more women on here than what we actually understands. I would like to talk to them and I would like to win back a few people who has put me on ignore

I'll talk to you Tommy.

I like Vodka, Ikea and Swedish meatballs. We'll be fine.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Do you swing both ways Tommy? I like Bjork, ABBA, Blonde men and trading with the Nazis.

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

It's the lot of them. I reckon a good 80% of OTIB is clean shaven, hairless, bald, empty follicle'd.

Think I'd break down seeing people like Robbored in real life, I just know him as the poster with the unbelievably obnoxious avatar.

I quite like his avatar but am surprised you don't recognise him when at AG

Robbo.jpg

This thread is like cricket’s Test Match Special when it rains. In other words, the commentators’ chat is more interesting than the actual cricket. Perhaps we should ban all talk of football on the forum 

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

If this is truly gonna happen, how's about we make a few quid for charity?

£2 a ticket, sell some raffle stuff etc.

Get Scotty in, he can do a disco or summat.

Or he can give a service wash and everything goes to charity

3 hours ago, BanburyRed said:

Is there going to be a thread immediately after the 'get together' entitled 'Just back...' followed by one entitled 'Ratings...'....??

If i can't make it, can i blame it on Maggers?!

Dave Fevs - who?  More injury prone than Gary O’Neil.  Stealing a wage, fraud.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

....has there ever been one?

Would forum users be open to one...say at the end of the season in the Sports bar?

Or do most enjoy being anonymous?

I've met probably a dozen forum users, all nice people, and in some cases completely different to how you imagine.

Could be interesting...:laugh:

Few drinks...some kicking off etc.

Not even sure whether I'd be up for it tbh :laughcont:

Presumably us match-day chatroom exiles can have a separate meet at the same time some miles away. Wouldn't want to upset the equilibrium. 

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’ve always thought this would be a good idea and probably improve relations between a few people on here. 

Although, I think that those who most would like to meet, would never actually step out from behind their keyboard and show themselves. 

Would be good though, for those who aren’t just snide, shitstirring ####wits..! 

Are you suggesting some sort of 6 a side match! COYR 

9 hours ago, spudski said:

Would forum users be open to one...say at the end of the season in the Sports bar?

How about those interested  meet in the SC&T bar at an agreed date and time?

Then....Dolls will be on the desk armed with her pen and a pile of application forms and Treena armed with her camera/smart phone.

Then those who can be critical of the SC&T set up and bar can experience the bar - job done!

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I can think of about 10 people I have met from on here, mainly that I knew from the old City Mailing List meetups at the Pumphouse/Nova Scotia from about 1999 onwards.

It became a regular pre-match gathering for a fair few seasons.

I'm fairly certain the guy that sits in front of me in S24 is a regular here but no idea who he is. I just see him browsing the forum on his phone at HT quite often.

Ah, the Pumphouse, hosted by the world's angriest Landlord. And woe betide anyone who ordered a pint of Guinness last in a long round. His face! It was like waiting for Vesuvius to erupt.

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Exactly that happened to me with @Cheesleysmate at a wake a few months ago. 

I thought that Harry was Harry and it was @Harry so I wasn't as surprised, but it was also nice to meet @Bristol Rob - however, if I had know that Rob was as passionate about the Rovers Dustbin thread as I am then I would have shown him a few of my joke Sag videos that I was showing Harry. I reckon that I met most of the Swedish contingent at Cheese's old pub The Knowle Hotel and we had a proper sing song that night. I also know @Ska Junkie well. I was a Subber for years but had a different name on that site. What we did was get some embroidered badges with the old robin and our names on and whacked them on a polo shirt, so if we ever bumped into one another it would be more subtle.

15 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Ah, the Pumphouse, hosted by the world's angriest Landlord. And woe betide anyone who ordered a pint of Guinness last in a long round. His face! It was like waiting for Vesuvius to erupt.

I once complained that my pint was off, he told he curtly it wasn't, I suggested he try it and see, he threw it in the sink, shouted that he didn't have time to argue and poured another!

Archived