IGNORED

Stacey Dooley: Face to face with ISIS.

Tipps69

Program on BBC iPlayer, I’ve seen a few of her programs where she’s gone into war torn countries & she tries to investigate things & they’ve been very informative.

This one centres around a female who was abducted by ISIS & her travelling around to areas where things happened to her while under their control, towards the end of the program the Iraqi woman & Stacey Dooley had the opportunity to come face to face with an ISIS soldier who has been captured & arrested, they were basically allowed to ‘interview’ him. He was asked how many people he thought he had killed during his time with ISIS? His reply was “that with my own hands..... about 900”!!

This guy was probably 30 years old? They then asked him how many people he had raped? His answers were “14-15 year-old, probably 50”! “Over that age, probably 200”!! And there seemed to be no remorse with him!! If that is just what one of these bastards has done, just how many innocent lives have been lost at the hands of these ISIS “soldiers”? These are horrifying figures but it’s seemingly just part of their normal life!!

What can possibly drive a person or group of people to do such things? I can’t even imagine how it must be to have that going on in your own country let alone in the village / town / city that you live in!

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

Program on BBC iPlayer, I’ve seen a few of her programs where she’s gone into war torn countries & she tries to investigate things & they’ve been very informative.

This one centres around a female who was abducted by ISIS & her travelling around to areas where things happened to her while under their control, towards the end of the program the Iraqi woman & Stacey Dooley had the opportunity to come face to face with an ISIS soldier who has been captured & arrested, they were basically allowed to ‘interview’ him. He was asked how many people he thought he had killed during his time with ISIS? His reply was “that with my own hands..... about 900”!!

This guy was probably 30 years old? They then asked him how many people he had raped? His answers were “14-15 year-old, probably 50”! “Over that age, probably 200”!! And there seemed to be no remorse with him!! If that is just what one of these bastards has done, just how many innocent lives have been lost at the hands of these ISIS “soldiers”? These are horrifying figures but it’s seemingly just part of their normal life!!

What can possibly drive a person or group of people to do such things? I can’t even imagine how it must be to have that going on in your own country let alone in the village / town / city that you live in!

I watched it last week and I think they said he was in his early 20s. As for your last point, he said he started because it was kill or be killed by the other ISIS guys. The way he was talking about it so calmly said to me that he had long since been completely desensitised to it though. 

4 hours ago, Tipps69 said:

One thing - the corruption of religion

History is littered with 'religious' wars.  The Crusades were all about religion and pretty much every other war had religion behind it.

Its human nature to excuse violent behaving the name of god and even within Christianity and Islam there conflicts between Protestant and Catholic and Shi-ite and traditional muslims.

Any religious belief can bring personal inner peace but when religion is corrupted in can be used for a multitude of crimes 

20 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I watched it last week and I think they said he was in his early 20s. As for your last point, he said he started because it was kill or be killed by the other ISIS guys. The way he was talking about it so calmly said to me that he had long since been completely desensitised to it though. 

Bloody hell, early 20’s & he admits to causing that much destruction!! And to think a dog can get put down for biting someone once (not killing)!

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

One thing - the corruption of religion

History is littered with 'religious' wars.  The Crusades were all about religion and pretty much every other war had religion behind it.

Its human nature to excuse violent behaving the name of god and even within Christianity and Islam there conflicts between Protestant and Catholic and Shi-ite and traditional muslims.

Any religious belief can bring personal inner peace but when religion is corrupted in can be used for a multitude of crimes 

It's rarely as simple as that. Wars are often fought for a multitude of reasons: ideological change, territory, resources, nationalism, economic gain, etc.

I think it's become one of those oft repeated myths that the thinks-he-knows-it-all bloke in the pub says to everyone "of course religion is the root cause of all wars". When in fact that's not true.

12 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

It's rarely as simple as that. Wars are often fought for a multitude of reasons: ideological change, territory, resources, nationalism, economic gain, etc.

I think it's become one of those oft repeated myths that the thinks-he-knows-it-all bloke in the pub says to everyone "of course religion is the root cause of all wars". When in fact that's not true.

I was pointing out Isis 'justification" of their crimes.........radical Islamic zealots.

56 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I do enjoy the Stacey Dooley shows.  Something more human and less robotic about the way her documentaries are put together and her interview style.

Plus, she is not quite "list" material but she is fit.

I think it is her vulnerability that makes them good. With respect to our female posters, but she is a quite petite woman who goes to some very dangerous places and situations. Despite this she is normally happy to voice her opinion and ask questions without fear. 

In that respect I think she is quite similar to Louis Theroux, who also often put himself in situations that geeky looking, skinny men wouldn't normally be seen. He also was able to ask very probing questions.

Both are very 'unthreatning' which allows them to dig deeper than most as the people they're interviewing don't see them as threats, when in reality they are quite strong people. The obvious difference between the two is Stacey is more (or at least shows it more) emotional whilst Louis was seemingly less shocked by often quite shocking things.

On 13/02/2018 at 13:40, Tipps69 said:

It is terrifying how the human brain can justify any amount of cruelty.

It clicks in with filters like ' these are not people '  ' Kill or be killed ' etc .

Add into the equation social, nationalistic or religious pressure and we see the results all over the planet .

As individuals we must be alert to these dangers and educate others to be free of these shackles.

The human race is capable of the worst imaginable atrocities but equally the most beautiful and noble actions.

Stay on track .

ISIS is a merger between a particular wing of Jihadi, Sunni Islam and the remnants of Saddam Hussein's Baa'thist party.  A fusion of religous nutters and one of the most barbaric organisations of the last 50 years.  There has been too much focus on the Islam part and not enough on how all these war criminals were released from custody by the Americans to wreak even greater havoc than before.  

Camp Bucca is where the merger happened.   One had the military and organisational expertise, the other had the religious fervour and leader - a replacement for Saddam.   All this happened under the Americans noses.  They inadvertently incubated ISIS.  

For the vast majority of ISIS recruits, Islam was virtually irrelevant.  As long as they grew a beard and could cite a few verses of the Koran they were in and could go back to what they did previously under Saddam.

18 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Spot on.  Wars are always about resources and wealth.  Religion, ideology and nationalism used as justification.  Blair tried to paint the Kosovo war as moral which fooled people at the time.  A bombing campaign that led directly to Jill Dando's assassination. 

War is about wanting something that someone has or defending something that someone wants from you.  Rest is all bs

5 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

I think it is her vulnerability that makes them good. With respect to our female posters, but she is a quite petite woman who goes to some very dangerous places and situations. Despite this she is normally happy to voice her opinion and ask questions without fear. 

In that respect I think she is quite similar to Louis Theroux, who also often put himself in situations that geeky looking, skinny men wouldn't normally be seen. He also was able to ask very probing questions.

Both are very 'unthreatning' which allows them to dig deeper than most as the people they're interviewing don't see them as threats, when in reality they are quite strong people. The obvious difference between the two is Stacey is more (or at least shows it more) emotional whilst Louis was seemingly less shocked by often quite shocking things.

It's known as gonzo journalism

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

Spot on.  Wars are always about resources and wealth.  Religion, ideology and nationalism used as justification.  Blair tried to paint the Kosovo war as moral which fooled people at the time.  A bombing campaign that led directly to Jill Dando's assassination. 

War is about wanting something that someone has or defending something that someone wants from you.  Rest is all bs

Think atheists have a lot to answer for as it's a myth often spouted by them and their anti-religion agenda.  Turns out everything they believe isn't based on fact or science after all - who'd have thought!

18 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

The episode before, she went to Russia to talk about domestic abuse. That was a real eye opener. Once again, religion played a huge part of it, but in this instance, it was the Russian Orthodox Church.

I've not seen her for a few years and don't watch TV anymore but found her incredibly patronising; she made me cringe.  

I think the last time I saw her she was dealing with the issue of underage prostitution or something.  I found her to be a melodramatic virtue signaller.  It was all very sickly - given the severity of the issues she tackles.

Genuine or not, I do not need someone else's emotion to help demonstrate to me that ISIS are abhorrent. 

1 hour ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

I've not seen her for a few years and don't watch TV anymore but found her incredibly patronising; she made me cringe.  

I think the last time I saw her she was dealing with the issue of underage prostitution or something.  I found her to be a melodramatic virtue signaller.  It was all very sickly - given the severity of the issues she tackles.

Genuine or not, I do not need someone else's emotion to help demonstrate to me that ISIS are abhorrent. 

And that’s fair enough but while I understand what ISIS have done worldwide, I was amazed that one individual (who is only about 20 now) admitted to killing 900 people & raping about 250 individuals & this doesn’t take into affect just how many times he actually raped each individual as it was happening daily so he could of actually carried out the offence of rape over a thousand times as some of these individuals were raped day after day for weeks & months & not just by one individual, the figures are mind numbing!

Archived