IGNORED

Adriano Basso playing for the Red Rebels

EnderMB

Shame he left how he did, wasn't his agent bigging him up for a bigger club/cut of his signing on fee? Ended up at Wolves, spent some time on the bench, then moved to Hull for a bit.

Absolute class act whilst he was here though, and have never felt so confident of a goalkeeper whilst watching City during my time.

2 minutes ago, Taz said:

Shame he left how he did, wasn't his agent bigging him up for a bigger club/cut of his signing on fee? Ended up at Wolves, spent some time on the bench, then moved to Hull for a bit.

Absolute class act whilst he was here though, and have never felt so confident of a goalkeeper whilst watching City during my time.

Best City keeper ever 

2 hours ago, Taz said:

The reasons for his leaving seemed very strange. He seemed to be a committed Christian with sincere religious, yet was influenced by a football agent, the most devious of all involved in football. Perhaps it was the devil putting temptation in his path. 

He told me he left because the club offered him x amount of money and said "you will be our highest earner".

He then discovered McIndoe was on more than x amount offered to him. So he said due to his religious beliefs, he felt he could no longer trust club/GJ and it all escalated from that.

Was never sure what to make of it tbh. I can see his point of view that it's not nice being lied to, but equally money disputes shouldn't be such an issue devout christian like him?

Nice guy though.

2 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

He told me he left because the club offered him x amount of money and said "you will be our highest earner".

He then discovered McIndoe was on more than x amount offered to him. So he said due to his religious beliefs, he felt he could no longer trust club/GJ and it all escalated from that.

Was never sure what to make of it tbh. I can see his point of view that it's not nice being lied to, but equally money disputes shouldn't be such an issue devout christian like him?

Nice guy though.

That sounds wholly genuine; he's a man with principles who refused to work for someone who deliberately lied to him.

Top bloke; I thought I'd see him playing for Truro City but missed him by a couple of months.

10 hours ago, OddBallJim said:

Nice guy though.

Hmmmm.  I don't really see the problem if you are happy with the x amount offered.  The rest is ego.

14 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Will never have anything but fond memories of Adriano, one of my all time favourite players. That ‘divine’ penalty save  vs Watford was amazing :laugh: 

That was the only game I saw him play live.  Was a very ‘part-time’ fan in those days.

On 2/13/2018 at 21:25, OddBallJim said:

Envy is one of the seven deadly sins.

What were you saying about those religious beliefs of yours, Adriano? :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Robin101 said:

Adriano Basso was one of those few players who you imitated during school lunchtimes. 

Ball in hands, quick look over the shoulder, wildly horizontal kick from the hands. And, obviously, pointing to the sky every time you made a save. 

What a hero. 

You must be depressingly young! 

4 hours ago, Robin101 said:

Adriano Basso was one of those few players who you imitated during school lunchtimes. 

Ball in hands, quick look over the shoulder, wildly horizontal kick from the hands. And, obviously, pointing to the sky every time you made a save. 

What a hero. 

Yeah remember playing in my mates garden taking it in turns to "be" Basso. 

Mainly consisted of getting a simple pass down the middle of the goal (jumpers) and seeing how out of position you could get and how high you could jump onto the ball to make it as spectacular as possible!

Archived