IGNORED

the promised land

where's the joy

man utd at home may be as good as it gets this season. 

we might get promoted, just. we might not.

but what if we do go up and man utd was just a half way step this season?

how long do we think SL would stay.

he is a serial investor, his entire business life has been predicated on getting a return on his investments

his family love the club and are addicted to it

we are incredibly happy he chose our club and lucky to have him as our chair. BUT

once we go up ,and we will, i fear the money from places like china will come circling and thats when he won't be able to help himself and obtain that return on his investment

i really want to see City up there in the top 10 in England but i couldn't bear to see our club in the hands of dubious geezers like vincent tan or cellino or become a hong kong franchise

SL is 65 now so he must be planning his exit and i cant see his son taking it on, or being allowed to.

we used to shout 'Dicks out', i say 'Lansdown in',           for as long as possible

There is no way Lansdown will sell this club in the near future. Lansdown is an investor yes, and as an investor when he purcased this football club he did it will full awareness that football clubs (Even many Premier League ones) don't make money. 

Make no mistake Bristol Sport is no money spinner for Steve Lansdown, it's a hobby of sorts. And luckily for us, he has treated this "hobby" with huge respect for the fans and city, unlike many owners other clubs have (e.g. the Venky family.)

I'm sure Steve has a full intention to keep the club within his family. If not, he will not sell to some random owner for money, he will sell with the club's future in mind.

But having said that, I'm a massive fan of Steve Lansdown and hope he remains here for as long as possible!!!

Archived