IGNORED

Team for Leeds

SackyRed

Afternoon fellow ziderheads, thought I'd trial out a new way of showing the team predictions for the big games. As we draw towards the back end of the season, I was wondering if anyone thought we should, you know, shake it up a little. This is what I think we should consider, what do the boys reckon?

NOTE: Pep is manager due to LJ not being on FIFA 18, and I think he is closest resemblance to LJ.

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 12.39.36.png

Interesting suggestion SackyRed. I think in the long run this could be our best team, as it allows us to:

- Play Joey in his best position

- Play all 3 of Baker, Flint and Wright

- Play all 3 of Brownhill, Pack and Smith centrally

However, would changing LJ's tried and tested formula at such a crucial stage in the season be sensible? 3-5-2 is a formation that requires every player to understand their job inside out. 

17 minutes ago, Scottyred said:

Interesting suggestion SackyRed. I think in the long run this could be our best team, as it allows us to:

- Play Joey in his best position

- Play all 3 of Baker, Flint and Wright

- Play all 3 of Brownhill, Pack and Smith centrally

However, would changing LJ's tried and tested formula at such a crucial stage in the season be sensible? 3-5-2 is a formation that requires every player to understand their job inside out. 

Think a change in the formula is a must at this stage, need to mix it up as even the bottom half of this division have worked out how to counter our strategy - this formation plays to our strengths  

24 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Been shite frankly, he's not helping us or making us better as a team, think Eliasson might do better under the circumstances.

I even thought, I think it was Norwich, he looked like he was hiding. Nothing has gone right for him lately, I don’t think LJ is doing him any favours by playing him. We have options now, give him a rest, I’m sure he’ll be back firing soon.

28 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I even thought, I think it was Norwich, he looked like he was hiding. Nothing has gone right for him lately, I don’t think LJ is doing him any favours by playing him. We have options now, give him a rest, I’m sure he’ll be back firing soon.

Hopefully. He was unstoppable a few months ago, don't think LJ will be able to play him back in to form.

3 hours ago, SackyRed said:

Afternoon fellow ziderheads, thought I'd trial out a new way of showing the team predictions for the big games. As we draw towards the back end of the season, I was wondering if anyone thought we should, you know, shake it up a little. This is what I think we should consider, what do the boys reckon?

NOTE: Pep is manager due to LJ not being on FIFA 18, and I think he is closest resemblance to LJ.

My team for Sunderland was similar apart from:

Steele in goal (no idea FF was going to be fit)

Brownhill at RWB

Walsh for Pato. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised (and wouldn’t mind) if we went back to 4-5-1. A few reasons...

- It would allow JB back to LM where he’s better

- We’re less defensively sound without Baker and it gives extra protection

- Patos lost on the wing and if he plays it gets him into his best position.

- Mags comes in LB (LJ will not play him and AF together at centre half - Flint, for all his strengths is not an organiser and Mags needs talking through)

I thought a major issue against Sunderland was ball retention, caused in part by us not having the midfield overload. I’m not saying Fammys played bad since he came in - far from it - but in the 2 games we’ve played 4-4-2 hasn’t the shape looked wrong? The solution may be in formation above all else.

17 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised (and wouldn’t mind) if we went back to 4-5-1. A few reasons...

- It would allow JB back to LM where he’s better

- We’re less defensively sound without Baker and it gives extra protection

- Patos lost on the wing and if he plays it gets him into his best position.

- Mags comes in LB (LJ will not play him and AF together at centre half - Flint, for all his strengths is not an organiser and Mags needs talking through)

I thought a major issue against Sunderland was ball retention, caused in part by us not having the midfield overload. I’m not saying Fammys played bad since he came in - far from it - but in the 2 games we’ve played 4-4-2 hasn’t the shape looked wrong? The solution may be in formation above all else.

It would certainly help Mags having Bailey alongside him. Also Bailey would have a natural lefty outside him so win-win.

20 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

In a more advanced role or with a flatter midfield 3?

Good question!  I asked myself the same and I’d have parobsbly started with a flat 3 but with Walsh able to play in the ‘Freeman" position.  I also considered Pack as the holding MF to allow Brownhill and Bryan to be a 4....but that’s a bit "Football Manager’ for an oldie like me!

5 hours ago, SackyRed said:

Half Term..

Archived