IGNORED

Leeds Sunday

Webzcas

Heading up Saturday morning with two friends, I have got three tickets from 32Red as used to work with the guys that setup the company.

Only problem is, not hospitality and in the home end. So sitting on my hands will be done on Sunday. Along with a crash course in all things Leeds on the drive up. Both my friends are Leeds fans so they are happy.

Not been out in Leeds before or indeed gone to Elland Road. Should be a blast I hope.

7 minutes ago, Webzcas said:

Heading up Saturday morning with two friends, I have got three tickets from 32Red as used to work with the guys that setup the company.

Only problem is, not hospitality and in the home end. So sitting on my hands will be done on Sunday. Along with a crash course in all things Leeds on the drive up. Both my friends are Leeds fans so they are happy.

Not been out in Leeds before or indeed gone to Elland Road. Should be a blast I hope.

Leeds city centre has some great pubs. Not as brilliant around the ground, which is about 2 miles from the city centre.

10 minutes ago, Webzcas said:

My my, you poor things. You will of course be found out unless you seriously do join in the celebrations with the Leeds fans... oh hang on. ;)

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

Welcome to Elland Road. The way things are going your money will be very welcome:whistle:.

Leeds is as good a drinking city as Bristol so if you're looking for some ale/craft beer etc.

This is as good a start as any:

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drink/21-of-the-best-leeds-bars-for-beer-drinkers/

This place has a pretty good selection: http://tappedleeds.co.uk/

5 hours ago, Webzcas said:

I have got three tickets from 32Red as used to work with the guys that setup the company.

The guy I used to deal with doing business with 32Red was a Swindon fan. I assume no connection!

35 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Under no circumstances go there. It's closed. For renovation. For a children's party. For an environmental health inspection. To wash their hair. Errr...

It will look open, but rest assured that the people (including me) who look like they're drinking and having a good time aren't. It's a dump. Worst pub in the world.

(According to my beer app - yup, there's a beer app - I've checked in there 445 times, just to check out how crap it is).:ph34r:

24 minutes ago, SR1 said:

Under no circumstances go there. It's closed. For renovation. For a children's party. For an environmental health inspection. To wash their hair. Errr...

It will look open, but rest assured that the people (including me) who look like they're drinking and having a good time aren't. It's a dump. Worst pub in the world.

(According to my beer app - yup, there's a beer app - I've checked in there 445 times, just to check out how crap it is).:ph34r:

Wow! I enjoyed it last time I was there (but I was a little inebriated by this point and didn't venture far from the station!).

5 minutes ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Wow! I enjoyed it last time I was there (but I was a little inebriated by this point and didn't venture far from the station!).

Read between the lines ;-)

And yes, there are two Roxys. Lanes and Ballroom. I think you're meaning Roxy Ballroom.

4 hours ago, East Yorkshire CideRed said:

Must have a good website this place. Was chatting to a Millwall supporter on twitter before we played them recently. He had earmarked this place as one he was interested in visiting, and I know that's where he ended up going. I reckoned he would behave himself anyway. He was a parish priest.:)   

17 hours ago, Olé said:

The guy I used to deal with doing business with 32Red was a Swindon fan. I assume no connection!

Pat by any chance, I know him well. :)

I know all the senior management there. As used to work out in Gibraltar. 

Ed their CEO is a Leeds fan. He was my MD at Ladbrokes in Gib prior to leaving to setup 32R in 2002.

18 hours ago, SR1 said:

Welcome to Elland Road. The way things are going your money will be very welcome:whistle:.

Leeds is as good a drinking city as Bristol so if you're looking for some ale/craft beer etc.

This is as good a start as any:

https://leeds-list.com/food-and-drink/21-of-the-best-leeds-bars-for-beer-drinkers/

Craft ale...??...I don't think I've got time to grow a beard..

14 hours ago, Verloc said:

Must have a good website this place. Was chatting to a Millwall supporter on twitter before we played them recently. He had earmarked this place as one he was interested in visiting, and I know that's where he ended up going. I reckoned he would behave himself anyway. He was a parish priest.:)   

It's where a group of us go every home game before some split off to the (relatively) more hipster places. Only five minutes walk from the bus to the ground, great beer and the staff are good. Perfect pre-match bar. Oh, and the pizza is wondrous.

But please everyone remember it's crap really and closed.

If you do venture in, no colours (not even home).

1 hour ago, SR1 said:

It's where a group of us go every home game before some split off to the (relatively) more hipster places. Only five minutes walk from the bus to the ground, great beer and the staff are good. Perfect pre-match bar. Oh, and the pizza is wondrous.

But please everyone remember it's crap really and closed.

If you do venture in, no colours (not even home).

Aye. I've been in a couple of times. But midweek lunch times and on non-matchdays.

5 hours ago, Webzcas said:

Pat by any chance, I know him well. :)

That's him. Had a few beers with him and a lot of calls 3 or 4 years ago. Days of going to Gibraltar are long since passed, thank god. Miserable place!

18 hours ago, Verloc said:

Many years ago , the brother of friend of mine was a priest and when he came to visit the family home my friend suggested that they should go out for a beer like in the past .

On entering the pub my friend was aghast to notice topless barmaids serving behind the bar .

He proposed that they go elsewhere but his brother said there was no problem.

Clearly ill at ease to be serving a priest the barmaid presented her apologies for her nakedness but he was generous .

" My dear , we are all God's creatures and being a man of God your nudity doesn't have any affect on me" 

Relieved by this the barmaid relaxed and asked him what he'd like to drink .

" Oh , a pint of Titbread Wankard please my dear ." 

20 hours ago, Verloc said:

Does that mean he beats the SINS out of opposition fans before celebrating by making the sign of the cross over them and saying Grace?

22 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Does that mean he beats the SINS out of opposition fans before celebrating by making the sign of the cross over them and saying Grace?

He seemed a decent bloke. Very keen on his real ale and his food. Just wanted somewhere he could enjoy both without any hassle! What with that and the result, I think he enjoyed himself a bit TOO much for my liking.:)

Archived