IGNORED

Interesting talk at Senior Reds today

Robbored

Two young guys in the analysis and fitness area of the club. Ryhs Carr and Sam Stanton spoke today and listening to them both utterly convinced me just how professional and polished the club has become.

The described their roles individually one analylising data and the other being a part of the fitness and recruiting team.

They were asked who was quickest player and CoD and Joe Bryan are the fastest with Flint not far behind them. They explained that all players have an app on their phones which they record many several things, how they slept, how their feeling generally and within seconds the info is on the phone of Rhys and that info is tailored to the individual training  programme.

Prozone is old hat and they use a new system (the name escapes me ) that uses more cameras and is far more accurate that Prozone was. They get instant data on their laptops during games but are unable to transfer said date to the coaches on the touchline as it's forbidden. Apparently the fourth officials are particularly vigilant!

Depending on the opposition Pack is usually the one who covers the most ground between 12-15k most games.

Kinetic tape - only has psychological benefits. Some players like it despite there being no scientific evidence that it does anything  physically.

The pair of the were completely fascinating and both have such great jobs.

We had a new bloke on our table today and he said how stimulating the whole experience was.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Two young guys in the analysis and fitness area of the club. Ryhs Carr and Sam Stanton spoke today and listening to them both utterly convinced me just how professional and polished the club has become.

The described their roles individually one analylising data and the other being a part of the fitness and recruiting team.

They were asked who was quickest player and CoD and Joe Bryan are the fastest with Flint not far behind them. They explained that all players have an app on their phones which they record many several things, how they slept, how their feeling generally and within seconds the info is on the phone of Rhys and that info is tailored to the individual training  programme.

Prozone is old hat and they use a new system (the name escapes me ) that uses more cameras and is far more accurate that Prozone was. They get instant data on their laptops during games but are unable to transfer said date to the coaches on the touchline as it's forbidden. Apparently the fourth officials are particularly vigilant!

Depending on the opposition Pack is usually the one who covers the most ground between 12-15k most games.

Kinetic tape - only has psychological benefits. Some players like it despite there being no scientific evidence that it does anything  physically.

We had a new bloke on our table today and he said how stimulating the whole experience was.

Flint one of the fastest! Fair play Aden.

Pack's coverage is astounding as well, 12-15k is enormous.

19 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Think I'm right in saying Prozone uses cameras dotted around the pitch to track players whereas now at City each player has a little GPS chip attached to their shirt which maps their movements much more accurately. 

9 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Flint one of the fastest! Fair play Aden.

Yeah that was surprising, depends how they quantify it I guess - over 100m given his stride length that’s less surprising but I’d be amazed if he’s one of the quickest over 10m.

Apart from Ivan Sproule against Southampton I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player sprint 100m anyway - did they say what distance they measured it over RR?

4 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think I'm right in saying Prozone uses cameras dotted around the pitch to track players whereas now at City each player has a little GPS chip attached to their shirt which maps their movements much more accurately. 

It's no longer Prozone it's a new system and is far more accurate than Prozone was. They did say it's name but I can't remember it!  There are six cameras compared to four previously.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah that was surprising, depends how they quantify it I guess - over 100m given his stride length that’s less surprising but I’d be amazed if he’s one of the quickest over 10m.

Apart from Ivan Sproule against Southampton I don’t think I’ve ever seen a player sprint 100m anyway - did they say what distance they measured it over RR?

20m. That's about as far as a player would sprint in one go.

So Flint is deceptively quick given his size.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

20m. That's about as far as a player would sprint in one go.

So Flint is deceptively quick given his size.

Good acceleration then. Do they measure it any further? Be interested to know how the rest of the squad matched up there too.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Interesting, surely there must be something in this stuff for so many different sportsman to use it 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Rocky Balboa ran in the snow and carried logs. Simple training. He managed to beat Ivan Drago without such fandangled technology.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Interesting, surely there must be something in this stuff for so many different sportsman to use it 

Purely psychological!  

There is no evidence based proof that it does anything at all.

A bit like those nasal clamps that were used 20odd years ago. No scientific evidence for those either yet plenty of players used them.

52 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

This may sound odd but game speed is different to sprinting speed. Somebody sprinting in a straight line reaches actualization (full speed) at about sixty metres. Most players never reach that point. A player will have different speeds depending on what direction he is going. Players playing in different positions have differing movements and can move (slower / faster) accordingly due to factors beyond being naturally quicker.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Purely psychological!  

There is no evidence based proof that it does anything at all.

A bit like those nasal clamps that were used 20odd years ago. No scientific evidence for those either yet plenty of players used them.

I believe there is no scientific evidence but plenty of anecdotal. This leans toward the pyschogical but doesn't disprove the scientific. There aren't lots of studies showing positive scientific evidence but it may be that it is hard to detect. Either way physchology is so important it isn't necessarily less valuable than scientific!

5 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

I believe there is no scientific evidence but plenty of anecdotal. This leans toward the pyschogical but doesn't disprove the scientific. There aren't lots of studies showing positive scientific evidence but it may be that it is hard to detect. Either way physchology is so important it isn't necessarily less valuable than scientific!

Anecdotal 'evidence' is meaningless. 

51 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

This may sound odd but game speed is different to sprinting speed. Somebody sprinting in a straight line reaches actualization (full speed) at about sixty metres. Most players never reach that point. A player will have different speeds depending on what direction he is going. Players playing in different positions have differing movements and can move (slower / faster) accordingly due to factors beyond being naturally quicker.

Yeah, that’s basically what I was getting at.

31 minutes ago, Keep the Faith said:

The fact no one has yet been able to publish a paper saying 'this works' says a lot.

You have to wonder how much snake oil the inventor of this sticky tape shifted to be able to get this in to production!

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No wonder I'm so sluggish as I'm still on Prozac

Archived