IGNORED

Todays Games

wendyredredrobin

2 minutes ago, Full nelson said:

Fulham looked very good!! 

Although I find the guy presenting BBC final score, who is a complete lightweight btw, very disingenuous when he says words to the effect, 'its an astonishing result by Fulham over Villa' .. How on earth is any part of that result astonishing? Rochdale beating Liverpool is astonishing but 5th beating 2nd at home is meat and two veg. What a pillock.

1 minute ago, Full nelson said:

Fulham looked very good!! 

If they play anything like the Fulham we played last season at AG, then we are going to have to work hard.  The team we put out last season got run ragged, although Fulham weren’t clinical.  They passed it around us, and created overloads all over the place.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

....and now Villa’s run is over....be interesting to see if momentum is lost from one defeat.

They are home to Preston on Tuesday.

That's not fallen well for them. Difficult game, home to Preston. Fingers crossed they implode.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

If they play anything like the Fulham we played last season at AG, then we are going to have to work hard.  The team we put out last season got run ragged, although Fulham weren’t clinical.  They passed it around us, and created overloads all over the place.

Last seasons defeat to Flum at AG was the low point for me. It wasn't that they were fantastic it was to do with City's inept and lack lustre.

I realise now that LJ was searching for the right players capable of playing his way but at the time I was so angry I hearty went around concourse to give LJ both barrels of verbal. I'm glad I didn't 

Things are very different this season. Both teams doing well. It should be a entertaining game.

2 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Although I find the guy presenting BBC final score, who is a complete lightweight btw, very disingenuous when he says words to the effect, 'its an astonishing result by Fulham over Villa' .. How on earth is any part of that result astonishing? Rochdale beating Liverpool is astonishing but 5th beating 2nd at home is meat and two veg. What a pillock.

Anyone that witnessed City's win at Craven Cottage could see the quality in their attacking play and only their wasteful final ball prevented a different scoreline.

It was only a question of time before they clicked into gear.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Last seasons defeat to Flum at AG was the low point for me. It wasn't that they were fantastic it was to do with City's inept and lack lustre.

I realise now that LJ was searching for the right players capable of playing his way but at the time I was so angry I hearty went around concourse to give LJ both barrels of verbal. I'm glad I didn't 

Things are very different this season. Both teams doing well. It should be a entertaining game.

I agree, low point too....we certainly allowed them to look fantastic.  Here’s the line-ups:

0DDF66E2-35F9-4942-A61F-E053234471FC.thumb.jpeg.57874206ea9956ce3692e86b807e618b.jpeg

i remember lots being critical of Brownhill and Hegeler, because they chased shadows, but for me the root cause was Flint, Wright and Matthews marking one (sometimes none) between, allowing Fulham to play triangles around whoever they wanted.

I think Djúric had a headed chance (clipped the bar iirc) just after their opener, but the partnership with Taylor didn’t work...they played too far away from each other.

But in summary we were poor as a unit all over the pitch, and Fulham exploited it.  

But let’s get Leeds out of the way first.

7 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Anyone that witnessed City's win at Craven Cottage could see the quality in their attacking play and only their wasteful final ball prevented a different scoreline.

It was only a question of time before they clicked into gear.

I was there. Fulham were terrible that night. We won easily. The Fulham fans I met in the pub before and after the game were condemning their team, and very complimentary about our performance. Mind you, I think their team is performing really well at the moment. It’ll be a tough game.

Archived