IGNORED

What would you give or give up for city to get promoted.

barneyrubble

It be a great achievement  getting there.... Celebrating the promotion would be fantastic, all the excitement, hype etc would be a brilliant buzz......

Then reality would quickly set in, the grass is not necessarily greener on the other side, pretty soon it would all feel abit 'after the Lord Mayors show' ...

Grab a quick parachute payment and settle down again happily in the 'almost' real world of Championship football and proper games of football with proper footballers.  

Oh and of course, add permanently to our impressive local bragging rights, and 'the gap'. 

22 minutes ago, swanker said:

Our bubble has burst, we ain’t going nowhere. 

That’s the spirit!

As far as going up is concerned, I’m not sure I follow the thought process. 

The fact is that you are either growing or shrinking as a business  Staus Quo (cue puns) not really being an option. 

We should want to get to the Prem and hope SL continues to grow the business income and support his manager. Being one of the more senior posters I can honestly say I never once missed Divvy 2 last time we made it. Relegation was not a fore gone conclusion then or now.

i have seen us beat Liverpool Man U Man C Chelsea Spurs Arsenal why can’t I again. 

9 hours ago, Barney red said:

What realistic amount of money would you turn down if city could be promoted?

What about non financial sacrifices no more cider for life?

Rovers to win the fa cup?

Working 7 days a week for next year?

Bras. I'd let the girls loose and destroy the bra in a one woman protest as Kylie Pentelow and her camera crew from ITV Westcountry looks on in disgust.

Dunno what I'd protest about but I'd find something...

#JohnsonOut #FoodVouchers #LightsOut #PASystemIsShit #ColdDryers

Plenty to campaign.

To me getting to the premiership is what it's all about....I am enjoying the championship but the aim has got to be getting to the top....I'm old enough to remember playing in the old division one, and they were great days playing against Liverpool Arsenal and Manchester teams and want my son to have that experience as well

14 hours ago, REDOXO said:

That’s the spirit!

As far as going up is concerned, I’m not sure I follow the thought process. 

The fact is that you are either growing or shrinking as a business  Staus Quo (cue puns) not really being an option. 

We should want to get to the Prem and hope SL continues to grow the business income and support his manager. Being one of the more senior posters I can honestly say I never once missed Divvy 2 last time we made it. Relegation was not a fore gone conclusion then or now.

i have seen us beat Liverpool Man U Man C Chelsea Spurs Arsenal why can’t I again. 

I’ve seen us play at all the above teams in the old first Div. what a day out that was at Arsenal!!! A month again my dream was to make the playoffs. I’ve woke up now though and can’t see it any longer, all my optimism went right out the window last Saturday at the final whistle. I might change my mind though by this time next week. We’ll see?

12 minutes ago, swanker said:

I’ve seen us play at all the above teams in the old first Div. what a day out that was at Arsenal!!! A month again my dream was to make the playoffs. I’ve woke up now though and can’t see it any longer, all my optimism went right out the window last Saturday at the final whistle. I might change my mind though by this time next week. We’ll see?

Opportunities are around us all the time it just takes courage to seize them . 

Have we ? 

After the January transfer window and Ashton's interview I don't believe we are full on to do it .

I think they will do their best to get promoted but have not been audacious enough for me .

On 17/02/2018 at 08:18, Paul Cheesy said:

Am I the only one who isn't really bothered about the Premier League? I actually prefer the competitiveness the Championship and don't relish the prospect of battling every week for premiership survival. 

I’m in the same boat. The Premier League, you have the same 6 teams fighting it out. But the EFL is more exciting. Who would have thought we would be top 6 this season, not me for one. Shrewsbury top of league 1. Give me the EFL any day of the week it’s so unpredictable.

2 minutes ago, Corsham Ed said:

I’m in the same boat. The Premier League, you have the same 6 teams fighting it out. But the EFL is more exciting. Who would have thought we would be top 6 this season, not me for one. Shrewsbury top of league 1. Give me the EFL any day of the week it’s so unpredictable.

Yes, just this.

I want us to be promoted because there is a whole generation of City fans who have never watched us in the top division playing the best teams week in week out. I only saw this once when very young but I've still seen it.

It will however be bittersweet as it's a very predictable league; honourable exception for Leicester.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Opportunities are around us all the time it just takes courage to seize them . 

Have we ? 

After the January transfer window and Ashton's interview I don't believe we are full on to do it .

I think they will do their best to get promoted but have not been audacious enough for me .

I don’t think we’re quite ready for the prem just yet but was really excited about the possibility of making the playoffs. There’s been a great buzz around Ashton Gate and it’s nice to see that. We’ve been pretty poor since Christmas though and the last two games have been a terrible. I just hope we don’t start falling like a lead balloon. Next three games will show the supporters what we’re about. I’m not holding my breath though. 

On 17/02/2018 at 07:58, Barney red said:

What realistic amount of money would you turn down if city could be promoted?

What about non financial sacrifices no more cider for life?

Rovers to win the fa cup?

Working 7 days a week for next year?

I would give F*** the Gas' chance to win the FA Cup

Archived