IGNORED

Local derby video, Twerton march 1996

1960maaan

Onto March 1996, and a trip to Twerton, actually our first win while they were squatting there. This reminded me  what a good player Agostino was, I was annoyed when he left I thought he would be here for a while. Although he did play nearly 250 games for 1860 (the German team he joined) that was over 10 years and only about 30 in the first 2 years. I did hear rumours he tried to come back and was back in Bristol at one time to see if they were interested, might have been just rumour though. The Other Austrailian at the time , David Seal, reminded me of an old saying. "scorer of great goals, but not a great goal scorer". Definitely had something, but just not enough of an all round game I guess. That left side for us was amazing for some time, Tins was the key factor but with Bell and Martin Scott we were solid. This was Daren Barnards time, imo the best footballer of the lot. 
Anyway , we had lost at the Gate thanks to 2 Beadle goals , I have no memory of that game at all. 20,000 were at the Gate, half that at the squat, I'll make no comment on that. 

Archived