IGNORED

We don't deserve promotion.

Londoner

1 minute ago, Red Army 75 said:

We might have done our budget. Diony obviously wasn’t cheap. Normally agree with your posts LP . But not today. 

Surely January was a chance to strengthen? 3 signings and only Kent’s us playing and then today the very poor Woodrow comes on instead so Diony... 

The January transfer window has been a disaster..! 

12 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

We might have done our budget. Diony obviously wasn’t cheap. Normally agree with your posts LP . But not today. 

Mate I was just responding to someone saying SLs wealth has no relevance to City. His decision what the budget is. Im not saying hes right or wrong. Personally im disappointed we havent gone balls out but its down to him.

51 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

We could had the pick of the bunch this January with the position we were in, some high quality (experienced) loans would probably of been the way forward..

unfortunately we may not be in this position again so in my opinion it’s a massive opurtunity missed..

As Londoner said almost all our signings in January have not improved our squad, where is the bloody right back we so need? (Bailey wright now suspended) .. Very poor business is looking like our undoing I’m afraid, no hiding away from that!!

Really!

Where did you get that from?

Is it a fact that you can't argue with.......or fake news!

:whistle:

36 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Mate I was just responding to someone saying SLs wealth has no relevance to City. His decision what the budget is. Im not saying hes right or wrong. Personally im disappointed we havent gone balls out but its down to him.

It does make you wonder. Diony was never the answer ,a foreign striker who has barely scored a goal all season, was going to be very difficult for him to come in and hit the ground running. Again the other two signings were poor both young/lacking in experience so again not ones to come in and hit the ground running from the off.. And then obviously no RB brought in. A very disappointing January all in all and with a bit of courage from the board things could have been much better IMO.

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

It does make you wonder. Diony was never the answer ,a foreign striker who has barely scored a goal all season, was going to be very difficult for him to come in and hit the ground running. Again the other two signings were poor both young/lacking in experience so again not ones to come in and hit the ground running from the off.. And then obviously no RB brought in. A very disappointing January all in all and with a bit of courage from the board things could have been much better IMO.

We were saying it before January.

4 minutes ago, bris red said:

A shame and I did wonder on another thread if it might upset some of the high performers in the squad with aspirations to play at the next level. We could still do it with what we have though.

9 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

He got his 5th yellow today did he not :whistle:..

Did he?

I know Pack got his 5th and is suspended for 2 games.

Didn't know it was Wright's 5th.

:dunno:

According to the FA site Marlon Pack and Joe Bryan were the only City players one caution away from suspension.

2 hours ago, windmillhillred said:

During all of that time we have been in the play-off places.

And we still are....although we need to start winning at some point, or else we won’t.

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Really surprised people are rubbishing this. Does anyone seriously think we did well in the market? 

On paper, I would’ve liked a RB, but generally I was happy, so yes to your question.  The ITKers on here were suggesting we were about to spend £10m.  Maybe we were, I don’t know.  We have though miscalculated the length of our injuries, the longer term ones anyway.  Have any of them came back on time, according to Lee’s media comments, nope.  That’s no slight on Steve Allen either.

I do think the recruitment in Jan was based on Pisano, O’Neil, O’Dowda and Djuric being back by now, or at least most of them.  Baker’s missed 3 and a half games too.

It has put too much pressure on the squad that has been over-used.  That’s the hard bit to take I guess, as some of them look to have lost their spark.

Good that Bobby Reid scored today, been working hard without much luck.

Keep saying the same thing - we will have a much better idea after X {insert team or month here}.  I still have faith, but we do need to start winning.

7 minutes ago, Redtucks said:

Did he?

I know Pack got his 5th and is suspended for 2 games.

Didn't know it was Wright's 5th.

:dunno:

According to the FA site Marlon Pack and Joe Bryan were the only City players one caution away from suspension.

Yes.. according to Sky it was his 5th yellow.. doesn’t bode well for Wednesday does it?

5 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Yes.. according to Sky it was his 5th yellow.. doesn’t bode well for Wednesday does it?

If he was suspended I'm sure that it would be mentioned on the OS, as they have an article about Marlon Pack's suspension.

I can't believe they would state that only Pack is suspended and not mention Bailey Wright if he was suspended as well.

With Baker back, I don't think that bodes too badly for Fulham after all.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

I don' blame the players, I firmly blame the board and the manager. 

In january we had the perfect opportunity to add some quality whether through loans or permanent signings to add EXPERIENCE to this squad, experience that was NEEDED.

We didn't, we instead signed players who aren' even getting a look in our side...."one for the future"....what about now the best opportunity for premiership footbsll in 10 years.

This is made even more ridiculous by our injuries so what we do.....square pegs in round holes again and again and again. An embarrassment and not good enough.

Wright is not a rb, brownhill who was on fire earlier in the season is completely ineffective on the right wing.

We negate the football that sorted us so well to accommdate a big target man....goals yes, and he deserves credit for that, but ruins our fast flowing footbsll that we did so well under.

I don' care if I get shouted down, look at the squads of the top 6 full of proven championship English experience. We don' have that in depth.

The board you made your decisions in Jan and now we are paying the price.

Excellent post. The reality is when in a strong position you should drive home the advantage. As always seems to be our way we did not. With Steve Lansdown backing us I cannot understand why.

7 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

That’s good news indeed :)

7 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

Clueless like the rest of you’re posts

8 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

He got his 5th yellow today did he not :whistle:..

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

I don' blame the players, I firmly blame the board and the manager. 

In january we had the perfect opportunity to add some quality whether through loans or permanent signings to add EXPERIENCE to this squad, experience that was NEEDED.

We didn't, we instead signed players who aren' even getting a look in our side...."one for the future"....what about now the best opportunity for premiership footbsll in 10 years.

This is made even more ridiculous by our injuries so what we do.....square pegs in round holes again and again and again. An embarrassment and not good enough.

Wright is not a rb, brownhill who was on fire earlier in the season is completely ineffective on the right wing.

We negate the football that sorted us so well to accommdate a big target man....goals yes, and he deserves credit for that, but ruins our fast flowing footbsll that we did so well under.

I don' care if I get shouted down, look at the squads of the top 6 full of proven championship English experience. We don' have that in depth.

The board you made your decisions in Jan and now we are paying the price.

Indeed the salient point is January-we missed the trick..

Archived