IGNORED

We don't deserve promotion.

Londoner

13 hours ago, Redtucks said:

......and isn't Zak Vyner a centre back as well???

:dunno:

He has played 2 games at senior level at CB. Both for Plymouth. I know you don’t have to be huge to be a CB but is a bit small for me. Maybe he develops into one over time. Seen enough of him at RB though to think he could be a top RB. Very smooth athlete who can keep up with quick wingers. Good footballer too who would offer more going forwards than BW though BW miles ahead defensively. 

It was only really a problem when Baker got suspended. BW is solid at RB and we have proven we can win with him there. Vyner would have made us more flexible in  Baker’s absence. Think Vyner could have gotten more time on the pitch with us this season than he did at RB with Pisano out so long. The loan will do him a world of good but other than losing our best midfielders to fill in we could have had a young player trying to prove himself making an impact. Kelly needed a loan more imo.

Anyway what a rough couple weeks. Glad Baker is back Wednesday. Will be tough with him. If he had to miss it, I would really fear a big loss. I would go back to our back 4 CBs with Joe left of MP KS and Browhill right. Maybe even drop Fam for this one and play Kent right and Brownhill central or Kent bench and Walsh with KS and MP. Tough game and think we need to win it to keep our confidence high enough to stay in top 6. 

Forgot Pack suspended. Anyone else? 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

He has played 2 games at senior level at CB. Both for Plymouth. I know you don’t have to be huge to be a CB but is a bit small for me. Maybe he develops into one over time. Seen enough of him at RB though to think he could be a top RB. Very smooth athlete who can keep up with quick wingers. Good footballer too who would offer more going forwards than BW though BW miles ahead defensively. 

In the next few years he’ll fill out and will look like a different person. Same with Kelly. I believe long term the ideal scenario is to have both of them as first choice CBs.

5 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

In the next few years he’ll fill out and will look like a different person. Same with Kelly. I believe long term the ideal scenario is to have both of them as first choice CBs.

I can see it more with Kelly as he is 6’3 or so. Even Taylor Moore looks more solidly built than Vyner and is a year younger. Of course I am not implying Vyner can’t be a classy CB because I am not. You can see his ability. Just a bit smallish and I always think he looks like a RB. Just on the eyetest. Though I have not seen him play CB before. 

Archived