IGNORED

Woodrow......

headhunter

He’s such a waste of money. It’s a bit of a concern that we have Diony but Woodrow is preferred over him... we wasted the January window if Diony doesn’t step up. We needed a striker and RB that we’re ready to step in. We didn’t sign a RB and the striker we’ve signed looks as though he won’t ever start a bloody game... 

Work in the morning but im getting 30 cans of thatchers in and drowning my sorrows. This is exactly why football should be on a Saturday, you get a day to recover.

Knew someone would post this.

Last week we put on a guy who was unfit & struggled, this week with Diedhiou clearly tiring we put him on to close down & work hard, which he did.

Not sure how it was his fault that Wright lost Lasogga for the first and Bryan did the same for the second, but hey, he’s the scapegoat every time he plays, isn’t he?

33 minutes ago, Negan said:

He’s such a waste of money. It’s a bit of a concern that we have Diony but Woodrow is preferred over him... we wasted the January window if Diony doesn’t step up. We needed a striker and RB that we’re ready to step in. We didn’t sign a RB and the striker we’ve signed looks as though he won’t ever start a bloody game... 

Work in the morning but im getting 30 cans of thatchers in and drowning my sorrows. This is exactly why football should be on a Saturday, you get a day to recover.

Only thirty?

What a lightweight.

23 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Knew someone would post this.

Last week we put on a guy who was unfit & struggled, this week with Diedhiou clearly tiring we put him on to close down & work hard, which he did.

Not sure how it was his fault that Wright lost Lasogga for the first and Bryan did the same for the second, but hey, he’s the scapegoat every time he plays, isn’t he?

You're really confused.  Woodrow was the bloke we brought on up front.

And didn't close down.  Once.  At all.  Ever.

Work hard?  You are having a laugh.

I know you are not a fan of Taylor, and I forget his injury details, but if he's in plaster, on crutches, with a knee brace, he'd still be more effective than Woodrow.  Odd that you can't see this.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

You're really confused.  Woodrow was the bloke we brought on up front.

And didn't close down.  Once.  At all.  Ever.

Work hard?  You are having a laugh.

I know you are not a fan of Taylor, and I forget his injury details, but if he's in plaster, on crutches, with a knee brace, he'd still be more effective than Woodrow.  Odd that you can't see this.

Woodrow a baffling signing. Why did we think of signing such an average player who Fulham were desperate to move on. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Woodrow a baffling signing. Why did we think of signing such an average player who Fulham were desperate to move on. 

I think we must have been desperate for numbers. Remember this signing was made before anyone took the phrase 'Bobby Reid, striker' seriously.

8 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Because he had a very good loan spell at Burton last season and is a ' Championship ' experienced forward.

Most of us thought this a shrewd signing at the time and with an option to buy .

As a forward you need to take your chance when it comes . Woodrow hasn't .

I doubt he is costing us too much in wages .

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think we must have been desperate for numbers. Remember this signing was made before anyone took the phrase 'Bobby Reid, striker' seriously.

Was that when LJ was "clueless", and Bobby Reid couldn't shoot for toffee???

:innocent06:

1 hour ago, bemmyredjeff said:

One of many bang average and pointless signings that Johnson and co have made !

Together with some decent ones.

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Because we were short on strikers in the summer, just brought in a man from France who might take time to adapt, were gambling on stats with Reid, etc etc.

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Indeed.

5 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Because he had a very good loan spell at Burton last season and is a ' Championship ' experienced forward.

Most of us thought this a shrewd signing at the time and with an option to buy .

As a forward you need to take your chance when it comes . Woodrow hasn't .

I doubt he is costing us too much in wages .

Thanks Major.  I thought it was a good signing at the time.  It hasn’t worked out.  That’s football.  He’s not had much of a chance either....that might be his doing, e.g. not putting it in during training etc.

I just don’t get the constant criticism for results that he’s really not had too much say in.

He came to us hoping to improve / put himself in the shop window and potentially gain a contract. He has seen our signings since, has hardly started or come on as sub so knows he has no future here. So not sure what kind of performance you would expect from him, I think I'd even be tempted to just dial it in. Shame as earlier in the season when he came on there were glimpses of a good player, but hey, not all things work out - what's happened to Engvall now - not even on the bench ? 

12 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Woodrow has shown he offers very little as an impact sub. So i was surprised and disappointed to see him come on. Unless he suddenly improves a lot, then it looks like a bad loan signing. No problem with that. But for me he is no impact sub as he does not have pace or strength to unsettle defenders. There was one point in the game where a defender miscontrolled the ball and he could have got to it but was way too slow to react and did not even look determined to win it when he did start to make a move towards the ball. For me he is behind diony, Taylor and engvall when all are fit. So 7th choice striker with diedhiou, reid and Duric as well. 

I think you’re right in your ordering.  Assuming Diony and Engvall will be our striker subs on Wednesday?

Archived