IGNORED

Bryan .....

headhunter

On his day Joey is a top 10 Premier League player in my opinion. We all know he has quality and bundles of it.

He's just not very consistent at the moment, and going through a poor run of form. That said, the guy is 24, is still learning and this thread is very harsh to a local boy who has given his all to the club for the last 10 years.

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

One of two players that didn't close down the player who crossed for goal 1 was that him on his butt when Roofe stole in at the far post for the equaliser?

• Not as good as HE thinks he is  - sorry!

Your are correct on both counts BUT just like against Sunderland when Lua Lua came on, LJ failed to make the subs to give Bryan some cover. 

Think he is a fantastic player personally however it seems that once or twice a game he does something a bit too casually and pays the price, needs to keep his concentration throughout the whole 90. Gets away with it when he's playing left midfield however at left back it's easier to notice and easier to be punished for it.

1 minute ago, DownendRed97 said:

Think he should a fantastic player personally however it seems that once or twice a game he does something a bit too casually and pays the price, needs to keep his concentration throughout the whole 90. Gets away with it when he's playing left midfield however at left back it's easier to notice and easier to be punished for it.

Spot on, in my opinion!

43 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

On his day Joey is a top 10 Premier League player in my opinion. We all know he has quality and bundles of it.

He's just not very consistent at the moment, and going through a poor run of form. That said, the guy is 24, is still learning and this thread is very harsh to a local boy who has given his all to the club for the last 10 years.

A top ten Premier league player?

That is a very rose tinted view. He really isnt near that level 

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

A top ten Premier league player?

That is a very rose tinted view. He really isnt near that level 

Fair enough, I don't think I explained it very well.

I tried to highlight using underline that I thought on his day, when he peaks, once or twice a season (for example against Man U), he wouldn't look out of place in a Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford & Leicester team etc

Unfortunately he's not consistent and based on his current level he is probably in the right position (top half of the championship).

Still young and has a lot of time to develop but everybody was singing his praises about how he is Premier League quality after the Man U game and now are saying he's not good enough. Fickle bunch, football fans. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.. 

59 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

24, come on hardly a kid good player but for gods sake don't try to excuse him for being in his mid twenties.

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

24, come on hardly a kid good player but for gods sake don't try to excuse him for being in his mid twenties.

I think people tend to forget, because footballers are typically young and have short careers that 24 is still a relatively young age. People are still learning and developing at 24, applies to all jobs not just sportsmen.

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

One of two players that didn't close down the player who crossed for goal 1 was that him on his butt when Roofe stole in at the far post for the equaliser?

• Not as good as HE thinks he is  - sorry!

As good a player he is god he’s been underperforming since the January Transfer window closed... been poor!

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I think people tend to forget, because footballers are typically young and have short careers that 24 is still a relatively young age. People are still learning and developing at 24, applies to all jobs not just sportsmen.

of course 24 is young, just shouldn't use it as an excuse for having an off game or making a mistake etc.

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

Your are correct on both counts BUT just like against Sunderland when Lua Lua came on, LJ failed to make the subs to give Bryan some cover. 

One of the best tactical substitutions I’ve seen involving our club was during THAT 1-3 game at Ninian Park - Cardiff brought on the huge forward Leo Fortune-West as sub after about an hour, 90 seconds later Danny Wilson sent on Mark Lever who ensured that Fortune-West did naff all, and he even took the p*ss by offering him the ‘false hand’ to pick him up when Fortune-West lay on the ground after a crunching Lever challenge, hilarious! 

Mind you, when Fortune-West came on the Cardiff fans broke into an hilarious chant, based on Benny Hill’s ‘Ernie, he’s the fastest milkman in the west’ - referencing Robert Earnshaw they sang “Ernie, he plays up front with Leo Fortune-West” - that was class and made I laugh!

Walking out that ground that day was another story though, mayhem outside....but we went top that day after Super Scott took them apart!

In my opinion he should have been on the post and not on the man. 

Its far easier to come of the post and attack the ball then it is to run with the defender and clear the ball when facing your own goal.

Roofe got the run on Joe and yes, Joe should have been aware but maybe that’s the difference between a man who is fresh (legs and mind/concentration) and one who had played for 80 plus minutes.

49 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Fair enough, I don't think I explained it very well.

I tried to highlight using underline that I thought on his day, when he peaks, once or twice a season (for example against Man U), he wouldn't look out of place in a Bournemouth, Burnley, Watford & Leicester team etc

Unfortunately he's not consistent and based on his current level he is probably in the right position (top half of the championship).

Still young and has a lot of time to develop but everybody was singing his praises about how he is Premier League quality after the Man U game and now are saying he's not good enough. Fickle bunch, football fans. 

Form is temporary, class is permanent.. 

You will probally find posters like myself, kept our feet firmly on the ground when the media were blowing smoke up the managers and some players asses

Joe is a good player for this level. He is not good enough for the Prem. 24 isnt massively young in football terms

He will get his Premiership move. I would be suprised if he is good enough to stay there

Archived