IGNORED

Did you hear lee johnson on tv

Moth3at3r

Maybe he knows the players will be hurting and is trying to keep the pressure off them.

It's been said elsewhere that we have quite a young side and perhaps they are feeling the pressure of expectation.

Sending the message that you should be happy with a point at Leeds may be about man management. If it is a deliberate message to them that he was happy overall and they shouldn't sweat it, maybe that's a good approach?

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Maybe he knows the players will be hurting and is trying to keep the pressure off them.

It's been said elsewhere that we have quite a young side and perhaps they are feeling the pressure of expectation.

Sending the message that you should be happy with a point at Leeds may be about man management. If it is a deliberate message to them that he was happy overall and they shouldn't sweat it, maybe that's a good approach?

Exactly that

Away at a side with a new manager is always tough. 

Giving it away from 2-0 is very disappointing, but a draw is not a shocking result. Shape looks all wrong to me when we are trying to defend a lead, and work to do, but rationally this would have been ‘ok’ if not following on so closely from Sunderland, which really was awful.

Before the game many would have been happy with a point. The disappointment is circumstantial. 

Behind closed doors he may have bollocked them; in fact I'm certain he would have. To say what he said to media does relieve a bit of pressure on the group as @robin_unreliant said.

We're still in the play-offs and three points clear of 7th. The conclusion of our season will be what we want it to be; improvement needed though.

How many wouldn’t of been happy with coming away with a point pre-game? It’s certainly not a bad result in the bigger picture.

We have no god given right to turn anyone over. It seems like just because we had a good cup run some people are expecting us to brush everyone aside!

Look at how far we have come in a year, we are progressing as club!!

7 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

How many wouldn’t of been happy with coming away with a point pre-game? It’s certainly not a bad result in the bigger picture.

We have no god given right to turn anyone over. It seems like just because we had a good cup run some people are expecting us to brush everyone aside!

Look at how far we have come in a year, we are progressing as club!!

Why would you be happy with a point? Leeds haven't won since Boxing Day. Play with the same application as we did in the first half, and that's a comfortable win.

Before we started this afternoon I had said to a friend that 5 points from the next three games. - Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff would probably keep us in the playoffs and with others playing each other could even put us in a stronger position than now. 

I still think that would be a good return - beat Fulham and draw with Cardiff and we have the 5 points ....

Not really getting this young players excuse?

Fair enough using young players excuse if they're aged 17,18,19,20 etc

But look below most are mid twenties, seems a easy excuse, but not a valid one

Fielding - 29/30

Wright - 25

Flint - 28

Magnússon - 25

Bryan - 24

Kent - 21

Pack - 26/27

Smith - 27

Brownhill - 22

Djeidhou - 25

Reid - 25

4 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Why would you be happy with a point? Leeds haven't won since Boxing Day. Play with the same application as we did in the first half, and that's a comfortable win.

Because Leeds is a difficult place to go & win, hence the reason why we haven’t won there since 1979 & add to that the fact that we had only won 1 in 7 before the game, we are hardly in the form of our season are we?!?

6 minutes ago, hodge said:

He was clearly disappointed to not win that game but merely said he wouldn't chastise the players for getting a point away at Leeds, hardly a criminal thing to say. 

I think a point at Leeds even how it happened would be just about ok without last weeks pathetic surrender against the worst team in the division 

I can't believe what he's saying. Derby away and Reading at home last season. Now Sunderland and Leeds this season. 

Add in the one's that we've lost after a one goal lead and it's a recurring theme at LJ's Bristol City. Alright I wasn't there but from radio commentary it was a very one sided game against a poor team. We squandered chances to close it out but even if we'd scored four, and could we have held on? 

Enough is enough Johnson. Do the honourable thing please. 

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

I can't believe what he's saying. Derby away and Reading at home last season. Now Sunderland and Leeds this season. 

Add in the one's that we've lost after a one goal lead and it's a recurring theme at LJ's Bristol City. Alright I wasn't there but from radio commentary it was a very one sided game against a poor team. We squandered chances to close it out but even if we'd scored four, and could we have held on? 

What's the honourable thing? 

3 minutes ago, jimross2005 said:

Not really getting this young players excuse?

Fair enough using young players excuse if they're aged 17,18,19,20 etc

But look below most are mid twenties, seems a easy excuse, but not a valid one

Fielding - 29/30 - NO

Wright - 25 - YES

Flint - 28 - NO

Magnússon - 25 - YES

Bryan - 24 - YES

Kent - 21 - YES

Pack - 26/27 - NO

Smith - 27 - NO

Brownhill - 22 - YES

Djeidhou - 25 - YES

Reid - 25 - YES

I'd say 7 of the team who started are young footballers.

4 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Before we started this afternoon I had said to a friend that 5 points from the next three games. - Leeds, Fulham and Cardiff would probably keep us in the playoffs and with others playing each other could even put us in a stronger position than now. 

I still think that would be a good return - beat Fulham and draw with Cardiff and we have the 5 points ....

Talk about taking the easy way. We could have had seven with three today. 

Yes, everyone, and I'm very angry tonight. 

4 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

I think a point at Leeds even how it happened would be just about ok without last weeks pathetic surrender against the worst team in the division 

Maybe, but Heckingbottom's first game at home was always going to be difficult. By the sounds of what he said as well he didn't want us sitting deeper and seemed to be the reaction of the players in game. 

9 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You conveniently forgot Hull away when we were 2-0 down and won 3-2.

Or coming back from 2-0 down to 2-2 against Man City (accepting that we lost in the last minute)

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'd say 7 of the team who started are young footballers.

Its just annoying using it as an easy excuse, especially when its not true.

being 24/25 is not a young group in my eyes, if they're under 20 I'd cut them some slack and it would be a valid reason, 

end of the day we are not good enough and using they're young excuse is crap in my opinion, they're old enough and everyone should be doing better.

Its obvious to everyone we didn't recruit well enough in January again

Right back was a key area, and letting veneer out on loan with no natural cover was a mistake.

Bailey wright a liability, even at centre half, always fouls, shirt pulling, shanks the ball out of play, he battles well but that's it, and hes club captain, good one!!

we needed players who are good now and have experience to help the "younger " players develop, yet we bring in two youngsters (under 21) and a out of form striker, yet surely being in the top 6 we could have and deserved better than that?

A massive opportunity missed,

same old city trying to do things on the cheap, when this team needed the investment the most

same happened in 2007/8, we didn't spend in January window and lost out,  same happened now

who knows when / if we will have such a good opportunity to go up, absolute shambles!!

1 hour ago, Moth3at3r said:

Oh my god, i think i watched a different game, he is happy with that point which may explain why we keep dropping points, the team know the manager will not have a go at them and will accept a point, weak management on this occasion

We got a game on Wednesday. Had we not had a game the interview would have been completely different. 

8 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I thought most gymnasts were retired by then. You are wrong

Hi Londoner, after seeing some of the shite you've written on other threads, please forgive me when I say I'm not too bothered about anything you've got to say.

Cheers.

14 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Michael Owen was scoring world class goals at a World Cup when he was 18....he didn’t need another SEVEN years to develop...

Valid point BS4, and taken.

I guess you (I) could argue that he could've developed and gone on to have been even better had it not been for injuries/career moves that ultimately hampered his career?

I would suggest maybe Michael Owen had far more potential than Joe Bryan, but could still have developed/progressed further?

Archived