IGNORED

Expectations

NewquayRed

Think it’s time we started to lower them a little, been a fantastic season so far but this squad lacks the class and depth needed to get out of this division - anything near 70pts at the end of the season would be a big step forwards IMO. 

Thus team/squad/management is still a work in progress - we go again against Fulham, can’t be as bad as last years home fixture against them which was truly horrible.

Onwards and upwards...You Reds 

Think fans got their expectations too high with the position we've been in, we're a lower mid table team who have been punching well above our weight. Johnson deserves manager of the season if we finish in the play offs. People on here continue to mention how we didn't strengthen compared to the others around us, they've got the financial muscle to, even Leeds signing Forshaw for £4m or so would've been massive for us given his wages as well. We have to accept we're trying to work a certain way and not to expect us to go out throwing money around, which personally I'm very happy with. 

When I posted recently that finishing around 10th to 12th would represent a fine season I had some disagreeable replies...we ain’t  Premier League material yet, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t moving forward....why are so many people in a rush to get to the ‘promised land’?! I also got criticised on here for saying I’m happy to remain competitive in this division for a while without going up...why is that so wrong?! It’s a very good standard of football and is much more unpredictable than the level above. I love the fact that I turn up at stadia to watch City knowing full well that all three results are entirely possible on any given day....it’s fun!

Even when we was toilet last season I could see a good team in their still. At the start of the season I just hoped we’d be better than last year and we’ve managed that . 

Weve hit a rocky patch and the small squad and injuries and out of form players are taking its toll. Nothing is finished yet until I sings 

36 minutes ago, NewquayRed said:

Think it’s time we started to lower them a little, been a fantastic season so far but this squad lacks the class and depth needed to get out of this division - anything near 70pts at the end of the season would be a big step forwards IMO. 

Thus team/squad/management is still a work in progress - we go again against Fulham, can’t be as bad as last years home fixture against them which was truly horrible.

Onwards and upwards...You Reds 

I'm not sure about it. Yes, sides like Wolves, Villa and Derby have more first class players than us, but I don't consider Fulham and Cardiff - or PNE and Blades - superiors. We have players that are not judgeable yet (Engvall,Eliasson,Diony,Walsh) and others that proved to be good in the first months of the season (Djuric,O'Dowda,Pisano): we're lacking rotation, because of injuries and judgements made by LJ on some players (understandable with players who arrived later like Diony, less understandable for players like Eliasson and Walsh, that could have freshened our midfield today).

33 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

When I posted recently that finishing around 10th to 12th would represent a fine season I had some disagreeable replies...we ain’t  Premier League material yet, but that doesn’t mean we aren’t moving forward....why are so many people in a rush to get to the ‘promised land’?! I also got criticised on here for saying I’m happy to remain competitive in this division for a while without going up...why is that so wrong?! It’s a very good standard of football and is much more unpredictable than the level above. I love the fact that I turn up at stadia to watch City knowing full well that all three results are entirely possible on any given day....it’s fun!

People like to win, and feel the buzz. And give it the big 'un. Gloat. When you lose/lose a two goal lead, they don't feel the buzz, and they cannot give it the big 'un/gloat.

Irrespective of anything else - quality of position, success of season otherwise, league position, injuries, bad luck, whatever - people want to win, not lose (or draw, from a winning position).

All of which you already know.

Archived