IGNORED

Maggers

GrahamC

Probably going to get lost in the gnashing of teeth over throwing away a two goal lead, but I thought he had a pretty decent game.

Not at fault with either goal, cleared his lines sensibly and won a fair amount in the air.

His throws also caused mayhem in the first half.

Willing to bet he makes way for Baker v Fulham but thought he was a bright spot today.

33 minutes ago, RedNight said:

Yeh I've been a critic of Mags, but played well. 

I'd be so tempted to play Joe Bryan LM and Mags LB Wednesday night.. but I also like Kent. Despite his tactical awareness at times, he's so dangerous. 

Just switch Kent to RM, as with Pack suspended, Brownhill and Smith for centre mid. 

7 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

He did ok, however, shirt pulling at 2-2 in the box in the 89th minute of the game is potentially suicidal.

Yes he needs to rememember that whilst we have had a number of occasions this season when our players have had the shirt virtually ripped of of them, witness no action taken by the officials it is one almighty risk in the 89th minute and could have ended in tears

2 hours ago, RedNight said:

Yeh I've been a critic of Mags, but played well. 

I'd be so tempted to play Joe Bryan LM and Mags LB Wednesday night.. but I also like Kent. Despite his tactical awareness at times, he's so dangerous. 

Got to be the choice down our left side on Wednesday.

2 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Yes he needs to rememember that whilst we have had a number of occasions this season when our players have had the shirt virtually ripped of of them, witness no action taken by the officials it is one almighty risk in the 89th minute and could have ended in tears

Same applies to all of our defenders. It was looking hard enough to hold on to a point anyway at the end without needlessly trying to gift them all three!

8 hours ago, E.G.Red said:

To be fair to the ref he was at least consistent, Pennington was doing it all first half and he didn’t penalise him, either.

1 hour ago, Offside said:

Yes he had a good game yesterday. I agree that he should play left back against Fulham with Bryan pushed up to left midfield.

He's just had a good game at centre back , why move the poor bugger to left back where he struggles ?

I prefer Baker at centre back but it's tough on Mags to be dropped .

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I thought he was an improvement on the derby game. But I have not seen any comments about his mistake for the goal. He let his man get an easy flick on. Ok, I'm not saying he should win 100% of his headers. But give him a hard nudge and that might have been enough. He's just too nice a centre half for me.

Did you see him pulling his forward's shirt in the penalty area near the end of the game .

#learningthedarkarts .

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He's just had a good game at centre back , why move the poor bugger to left back where he struggles ?

I prefer Baker at centre back but it's tough on Mags to be dropped .

He had some very improved games there (LB) in and around the cup run before Xmas.  Built a good partnership with Bryan, and his long throws might be very useful v Fulham.

He's at a very early stage in his career and is already an average Championship standard defender. He has a cool head and is very capable of becoming a Premier League defender one day if he keeps getting games, experience and maturity.

48 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He had some very improved games there (LB) in and around the cup run before Xmas.  Built a good partnership with Bryan, and his long throws might be very useful v Fulham.

This is an excellent point. And I'm totally in favour of playing him almost for this alone. And i believe he is unfairly singled out too often.

I’m not a big Magnússon fan but have to say he did everything I wanted him to do - particularly strong clearances when under pressure - which imho has been his weakness alongside giving the ball away easily. 

I can forgive giving the ball away when clearing your line with several opposition players bearing down on you, but in previous games he has done it cheaply when under very little pressure  

Not vs Leeds though. Well done. Imho got to start tonight. 

Archived