IGNORED

Diedhiou

Lrrr

Going off BBC's top scorers list for the championship, despite his disrupted season with injuries Famara has the 3rd best minutes per goal ratio in the championship behind Vydra and Grabban. The man has been fantastic for us and brings out the best in Bobby at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

He's a good signing. Still only fit enough for about 60 minutes though as he continues to recover. Worryingly we don't have the same quality to replace him with when he needs to be brought off due to tired legs.

Our weak bench is killing us at mo. No one to come on to help us see games out. Woodrow today ffs. Seriously. Barely touched the ball. But after diony last week...

6 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

He's a good signing. Still only fit enough for about 60 minutes though as he continues to recover. Worryingly we don't have the same quality to replace him with when he needs to be brought off due to tired legs.

E NN GGG VVVV AAAAA LLLLLL LLLLLLL

(not on bench today!)

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

(not on bench today!)

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier Dave. I really don't get it? Now more than anytime would be perfect for Engvall. We are not relegation threatened. Go an make a name for yourself son! Nothing to lose!

Where was he? Injured?

I still think Fam doesn't look great considering his size. Clearly slow and a poor touch, but:

You can't knock his scoring record and he clearly makes a nuisance of himself and makes space for others.

He is not yet 100% fit

He is still adapting to the English game.

You can see him improving game by game and his confidence is improving along with his fitness.

I'm sure there is a lot better to come from him.

Hopefully he can work on stamina and pace. Touch will improve over time.

1 hour ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I still think Fam doesn't look great considering his size. Clearly slow and a poor touch, but:

You can't knock his scoring record and he clearly makes a nuisance of himself and makes space for others.

He is not yet 100% fit

You can see him improving game by game and his confidence is improving along with his fitness.

if ever someone was damned with faint praise that was it!!

4 hours ago, Tiree said:

We are pretty negative at present about our strikers,  their fitness level, our injury crisis, our coaching our January window, game management, our bench ( not being as good as our top strikers!!!)

What's the matter with people on here? Or should I go to a place where people who love and support the club are really pleased with the way the season has gone since August? 

Frustrations, ups/downs, disappointments? Of course, this is football and even Man City and Chelsea have these!

All our first team, some subs and the mgt team ARE DOING REALLY WELL.

But our recent form is relegation form so cause for concern and discussion or else why bother with a forum ? 

I understand the frustration by many but if we had been offered 6th spot last season, the majority would have had both arms open. It highlights perhaps the luck we had in earlier games with goals in the last minutes. As LJ said we still are a work in progress & I think that with the injury woes we've had we are doing exceptionally well.

If we can hang on to these guys & the young ones (no Cliff & Young Ones jokes please) out on loan I feel we have good times to come.

3 minutes ago, bpexile said:

I understand the frustration by many but if we had been offered 6th spot last season, the majority would have had both arms open. It highlights perhaps the luck we had in earlier games with goals in the last minutes. As LJ said we still are a work in progress & I think that with the injury woes we've had we are doing exceptionally well.

If we can hang on to these guys & the young ones (no Cliff & Young Ones jokes please) out on loan I feel we have good times to come.

I'm sure that most of us would be delighted at sixth place . 

Seventh however would look like failure after having spent two thirds of the season in a play off spot and that is what is causing concern .

Win against Fulham , Cardiff and Preston and we should make the playoffs but we must be outsiders on current form. 

42 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I'm sure that most of us would be delighted at sixth place . 

Seventh however would look like failure after having spent two thirds of the season in a play off spot and that is what is causing concern .

Win against Fulham , Cardiff and Preston and we should make the playoffs but we must be outsiders on current form. 

Fair comment Major, it would be hard to take considering the time in the playoff spots.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

(not on bench today!)

At least Gus will run around and make CBs uncomfortable. I mean you can see it everytime he plays. I seriously do not get why he doesn’t get minutes. He is our player, works harder than Woodrow and is younger yet Cauley plays. I like CW but with Gus back he’d be getting any minutes left over from Fam, Bobby and Diony. And if Diony doesn’t get it together soon, he takes his minutes too. 

10 hours ago, hodge said:

Going off BBC's top scorers list for the championship, despite his disrupted season with injuries Famara has the 3rd best minutes per goal ratio in the championship behind Vydra and Grabban. The man has been fantastic for us and brings out the best in Bobby at the same time.

Will be our next £15m man over the summer if he adds another 6 or 7 to his tally this season. 

We can spend the proceeds on Diony.......:blink:

He’s been very good really. His goal tally is brilliant for a first season, especially considering the injury.

I think this myth that he’s not a very good player is partly because he looks ungainly and ungraceful. He’s not in the team to do that, we’ve got Reid, Paterson and Kent to look comfortable in possession. He’s a destroyer and a very good one.

27 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He’s been very good really. His goal tally is brilliant for a first season, especially considering the injury.

I think this myth that he’s not a very good player is partly because he looks ungainly and ungraceful. He’s not in the team to do that, we’ve got Reid, Paterson and Kent to look comfortable in possession. He’s a destroyer and a very good one.

He reminds me of Wayne Allison, gangly , big lump , always looked unlikely to do anything but often did . 

Diedhou also has rubber legs ,like Tino Asprilla , they go in every direction before he fires the ball into the net with accuracy.

Love the way he plays with a smile on his face .

Top man .

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@Robbored there seems to be a coup d’état underway in an attempt to replace you as the forum pantomime villain. 

Shall I start a thread on GJ or post a song idea so that you can reply and regain your rightful position? 

No contest PF, the difference being is that I post lots of sensible and spot on stuff.

Any competition is amatuer compared to me.......

12 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier Dave. I really don't get it? Now more than anytime would be perfect for Engvall. We are not relegation threatened. Go an make a name for yourself son! Nothing to lose!

Where was he? Injured?

Lee is of course impressed with Engvall in patches, which is becoming increasingly obviously manager speak for he scored from 30 yards in training once.

16 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

He is not yet 100% fit

and upper body strength

- he needs to bully the opposing centre backs a lot more and dominate them.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

(not on bench today!)

10 hours ago, OldlandReddies said:

You missed an L out

Yep.

I see what you did there.

Current league and cup record of LLLLLDLWWDD says that we are not.

What I don't see, though, is from which matches the two WW come. 

18 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Where was he? Injured?

If Engvall is behind Woodrow he must be awful or Peter Styvar in disguise. 

Archived