IGNORED

Diedhiou

Lrrr

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That's actually a good point, for someone of his frame I think he's not as strong as he could be. He's actually pretty small considering his frame.

I think he is strong just doesn’t know how to use it. Much like Djuric. They don’t get into the bodies of defenders as much. They look to keep a gap so they can jump. I think it is why Wilbraham was so effective or if you look at someone like Gary Madine. No question in my mind they could both do this but who teaches that? 

On Fam I think he has been an outstanding buy. If you listed his pros and cons he would have a lot more pros. Poor touch, not the quickest and doesn’t always use his body to full effect. What he does bring is a good football IQ, great work rate, composed finisher, good aerial threat in both boxes and selfless. The injury may have been a slight blessing as it may keep teams away during the summer. He had a slow start but if you look at games from October until now I bet his goal record is very impressive. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he is strong just doesn’t know how to use it. Much like Djuric. They don’t get into the bodies of defenders as much. They look to keep a gap so they can jump. I think it is why Wilbraham was so effective or if you look at someone like Gary Madine. No question in my mind they could both do this but who teaches that? 

My point was he could be physically stronger. He's got the frame to be very muscular and strong but he's not really.

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

On Fam I think he has been an outstanding buy. If you listed his pros and cons he would have a lot more pros. Poor touch, not the quickest and doesn’t always use his body to full effect. What he does bring is a good football IQ, great work rate, composed finisher, good aerial threat in both boxes and selfless. The injury may have been a slight blessing as it may keep teams away during the summer. He had a slow start but if you look at games from October until now I bet his goal record is very impressive. 

Agreed!

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

My point was he could be physically stronger. He's got the frame to be very muscular and strong but he's not really.

Opinions of course but I thinks it's unfair to say he's not strong unless you've played against him. I see a player who wins more than his share of 50:50 balls - that could be strength or guile or both.

As said above by others, what's missing is the finesse of a player like Ryan Kent. But, if I had to rely on one of those two it would be Fam at present. If we can keep him fit, I think we will have a very important player next season.

13 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

You don’t think Djuric knows how to use his strength? Seriously?

Ask Cardiff, Sheff U or Preston.

The latter two were so scared of him they spent most of the game trying to get him sent off..

Shame about his injury record though.

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

You don’t think Djuric knows how to use his strength? Seriously?

Ask Cardiff, Sheff U or Preston.

The latter two were so scared of him they spent most of the game trying to get him sent off..

Shame about his injury record though.

Not in the same way you see others more familiar with the league do. Watch Andy Carroll, Aaron Wilbraham, Gary Madine or that type of forward. They are seeking out the contact with the central defenders. They are pushing them back while receiving the ball to either flick on or control and lay off to a teammate. If you watch Djuric he keeps an arm out to the defender looking to jump and win the ball. Personally think it makes him less effective on winning these as I have seen him muscled out and not challenge at all. In the box he has a better feel for what to do with his size and strength though. 

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Not in the same way you see others more familiar with the league do. Watch Andy Carroll, Aaron Wilbraham, Gary Madine or that type of forward. They are seeking out the contact with the central defenders. They are pushing them back while receiving the ball to either flick on or control and lay off to a teammate. If you watch Djuric he keeps an arm out to the defender looking to jump and win the ball. Personally think it makes him less effective on winning these as I have seen him muscled out and not challenge at all. In the box he has a better feel for what to do with his size and strength though. 

Ive never seen him lose a header. He is immense!!

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

Opinions of course but I thinks it's unfair to say he's not strong unless you've played against him. I see a player who wins more than his share of 50:50 balls - that could be strength or guile or both.

I think people are missing my point somewhat - Diedhiou has the frame to be a very physically strong guy, it's obvious. I believe he could be an incredibly strong and powerful player with some strength training. That's not to say he's not strong now, but he could be stronger based on his frame.

Someone like Peter Crouch for example despite being a tall man doesn't have the frame to be strong. He's naturally an extreme ectomorph.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Ive never seen him lose a header. He is immense!!

He is good. Just don’t think he occupies defenders as well as he could. He looks to flick on with his head which I don’t remember anyone getting on the end of. Doesn’t bully defenders is maybe what I am trying to say. Not in the same way we saw Wilbraham or Matt Smith do. 

On 19/02/2018 at 06:49, Major Isewater said:

I'm sure that most of us would be delighted at sixth place . 

Seventh however would look like failure after having spent two thirds of the season in a play off spot and that is what is causing concern .

Win against Fulham , Cardiff and Preston and we should make the playoffs but we must be outsiders on current form. 

I’d disagree that 7th is a disappoint on the season as a whole. I think the majority at the start of the season would just want an improvement on last year, keep away from any relegation battle, unearth a couple of gems.

we have achieved that, so missing out of the play offs would be a shame, a missed opportunity, but in no way a disappointment on the whole season which has a been exciting playing great football and a superb cup run.

With fammy, he’ll either cheat the ball out the sky, take a touch round someone, lay it off and make a run, or he’ll chest it out of play. Nothing seems to be in between for him.

I for one think Fammys great,he holds the ball up well,wins most things in the air and brings others into the game,he’s also a team player,certainly not selfish,does anyone else think like me he would have scored at least six goals in the time he has been out which would have put us into at least third in table.

Archived