IGNORED

Wigan

Kingswoodactor

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Wahey! Of course 19% of Wigan’s population didn’t watch them at Springfield Park! But even back then 3% of their population turned up to watch them...that favourably compares with the 4% who turn up to watch our club today...

3% compares favourably to 4% ? 

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

just shows how things can fluctuate, who remembers how poor Wigan were as they fell through this division? I must admit that I thought that they would continue to fall through the leagues and back to their historically low level. 

Micky melons debt? Sponsored by Heinz 57...:clapping:

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

3% of Wigan’s population of 104,000 is a great effort by their fans....compared to the 4% of Bristol’s reported population of 454k that watch us regularly....pretty favourable...

Except the Wigan council area is 3x that - need to compare like for like figures...their attendances are far from special by any measure. 

12 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Also Bristol pop c. 450k, average attendance c. 20k -  4.5%

Wigan pop c. 320k, champ attendance less than 12k - 3.5%

Fairly normal support relative to the size of the area I’d say. Certainly nothing amazing. 

Rubbish! The greater Bristol area has been estimated at around 1 million people....2017 figures = Wigan population of 104k, Bristol 449k...you’ve conveniently included the population of the areas around Wigan but not around Bristol!

Archived