IGNORED

Wigan

Kingswoodactor

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....and the ‘greater’ Bristol area population has been estimated at around 1 million so the comparison still stands...

That’s the metro area population of Bristol which must be much wider reaching than the Wigan borough figure. 

Even using town/city pops it seems fairly average. You’re also comparing a one team town to a two team city (however poor the attendances of the sags it can’t be argued that they have a relatively large armchair fan base as we do)

Certainly nothing incredible. 

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Rubbish! The greater Bristol area has been estimated at around 1 million people....2017 figures = Wigan population of 104k, Bristol 449k...

Bristol hasn't had PL football though, so comparisons are futile. And if it did, 27k would not be enough seats to meet demand, given the popularity of football currently. 

When football was about as popular as bad breath, and Wigan were in the lower leagues, no surprise here: Wigan were not what most people call "well supported."

6 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Well that certainly eclipses our efforts against Man City. Tremendous effort there by Wigan.

4 minutes ago, reddoh said:

its official wigan better than us but I would still sign kdb

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Shame we couldn't manage to get one of their players sent off against us...

Magnificent effort by Wigan. Fully deserved. I’d love to have had us playing Man City with 10 men, without KDB and with Aguero doing an impression of Cauley Woodrow though..! 

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Of course, the question must be asked - have the g*s beaten Wigan this season? If they have, g*slogic dictates that they are better than Wigan who are better than Man City who are better than us.

Play them saturday i think

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Magnificent effort by Wigan. Fully deserved. I’d love to have had us playing Man City with 10 men, without KDB and with Aguero doing an impression of Cauley Woodrow though..! 

Aguero was really poor tonight. Kicking off with a Wigan fan on the pitch as well 

Archived