IGNORED

Invading the pitch / Warnock (Merged)

Robbored

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not Bristol City so who cares? :facepalm:

I just saw it on Sky sports news and Colin was being interviewed. He mentioned his 'old foes' Bristol City and how scared he was getting off the pitch after the Palace play off game. He never misses an opportunity for a pop does he?

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I just saw it on Sky sports news and Colin was being interviewed. He mentioned his 'old foes' Bristol City and how scared he was getting off the pitch after the Palace play off game. He never misses an opportunity for a pop does he?

His comments highlight just how others see us - bunch of yokels who have never won anything significant and have no idea how to behave.

3 minutes ago, OutstandingMixer said:

I bet Robbored ran on the pitch after the Pompey game in '76. He's just a boring old git now.

I was 21 and that's the only time I ever went on the pitch. Back then it wasn't illegal or considered amatuer behaviour as it is these days

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wigans terrific win last against Man Citeh  was sadly overshadowed by the Wigan fans invading the pitch which led to a confrontation between  Aguero and a couple of fans. Reminded me of the ugly scenes at AG all those years ago against the Gas.

Wigan will undoubtedly face a serious fine for failing to control their fans 

I really hope that those at AG  who see invading the pitch as a good craic understand why our club take such s dim view of such irresponsible behaviour.

You boring old**** give it a rest!

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I was 21 and that's the only time I ever went on the pitch. Back then it wasn't illegal or considered amatuer behaviour as it is these days

Christ almighty.

Ok for me to do it way back when. When it didn’t matter. 

Passage of time, maturity and changing standards.

**** it. I’m 51 on Thursday and sometimes, just sometimes I get a tad overcome with excitement. 

Sometimes I actually do things I did when I was in my teens. 

You ought to give it a go. Loosen up. Release the stress. It’ll do ‘ee good :yes:

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

Wigans terrific win last against Man Citeh  was sadly overshadowed by the Wigan fans invading the pitch which led to a confrontation between  Aguero and a couple of fans. Reminded me of the ugly scenes at AG all those years ago against the Gas.

I really hope that those at AG  who see invading the pitch as a good craic understand why our club take such s dim view of such irresponsible behaviour.

Hereford Utd beating Newcastle in the 70s. Those where the days! 

42 minutes ago, phantom said:

Colin just on SSN saying only time he's ' been afraid of a pitch invasion was after we beat Palace in the play off semi, said he was spat at, elbowed and called all the names under the sun 

Said the same on talk Sport this morning (**** knows why they have him on there so often)

Ive heard him mention punches being thrown at him before but I’ve never heard him mention being spat at before. If true that is pretty vile, punching the ****’s fine though 

19 hours ago, BCFC101 said:

Warnock condemned the pitch invasion but sympathised with Aguero, having endured a similar experience when his then Crystal Palace side lost a Championship play-off semi-final against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in 2008.

Speaking about his experience at Ashton Gate, Warnock added: "They were spitting at me, punching me, flashing elbows at me and calling me all names I couldn't repeat and it was the most difficult five minutes to get off the pitch I've ever had. It was frightening.

"Unless you've been in that situation I don't think you can understand where Aguero is coming from because it is frightening, you fear for your safety and then you lash out.

"I had two stewards and they were worse than me, I think I was protecting them. It was the most frightening experience I ever had."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43126741 

Not really sure why he's commenting on what happened yesterday in the first place but it did make me laugh that he's managed to squeeze in a dig at us in between :laughcont:

We should take enormous pride in the fact that both Holloway and Warnock have admitted the most terrifying moments of their lives have come on the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate. Welling up here.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We should take enormous pride in the fact that both Holloway and Warnock have admitted the most terrifying moments of their lives have come on the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate. Welling up here.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I hope you're being sarcastic here Kid. 

On 2/20/2018 at 08:56, Robbored said:

Majority who invaded did so out of pure jubilation and were only celebrating a historic win, just like us against United - I for one applaud it as a sign of true passion. 

R.E. the violence, a few idiots in every club don't account for the majority.

20 hours ago, BCFC101 said:

Warnock condemned the pitch invasion but sympathised with Aguero, having endured a similar experience when his then Crystal Palace side lost a Championship play-off semi-final against Bristol City at Ashton Gate in 2008.

Speaking about his experience at Ashton Gate, Warnock added: "They were spitting at me, punching me, flashing elbows at me and calling me all names I couldn't repeat and it was the most difficult five minutes to get off the pitch I've ever had. It was frightening.

"Unless you've been in that situation I don't think you can understand where Aguero is coming from because it is frightening, you fear for your safety and then you lash out.

"I had two stewards and they were worse than me, I think I was protecting them. It was the most frightening experience I ever had."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43126741 

Not really sure why he's commenting on what happened yesterday in the first place but it did make me laugh that he's managed to squeeze in a dig at us in between :laughcont:

Poor old Colin, if all that wasn't bad enough our magic goal nets once spat out a perfectly good goal faster than the human eye could see.  

Yep , Colin weighing in to ' support Aguerro after the handbags against Wigan.

Bringing up, once again , the play off match against us where the pitch was invaded and got a bit excitable.

He was terrified but luckily he protected his bouncers ( Matron ) who were protecting him , from the hordes of rabid City fans .

Proper scared was Colin .

Now , I don't condone violence and hope that a person , in this day and age, doesn't fear for his life at a sporting event but why mention it now ? 

It was ten years ago ! 

What does he hope to achieve by opening his gob just before our League match ? 

The bloke's a muck stirrer and let's hope he reaps his reward at the weekend.

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Yep , Colin weighing in to ' support Aguerro after the handbags against Wigan.

Bringing up, once again , the play off match against us where the pitch was invaded and got a bit excitable.

He was terrified but luckily he protected his bouncers ( Matron ) who were protecting him , from the hordes of rabid City fans .

Proper scared was Colin .

Now , I don't condone violence and hope that a person , in this day and age, doesn't fear for his life at a sporting event but why mention it now ? 

It was ten years ago ! 

What does he hope to achieve by opening his gob just before our League match ? 

The bloke's a muck stirrer and let's hope he reaps his reward at the weekend.

To be fair he didn’t bring it up, Alan Brazil asked him if he had ever been in a similar situation, which he had

22 hours ago, Robbored said:

His comments highlight just how others see us - bunch of yokels who have never won anything significant and have no idea how to behave. What’s wrong with a game of bowls and a nice cup of tea, then driving a minibus full of rival fans to Wembley. That’s what I get off on!!!!

I edited it for you :P

Archived