IGNORED

Invading the pitch / Warnock (Merged)

Robbored

'Bristol City are the enemy down here,' he says. 'And there is a lot going on when the two sides play each other. We're both doing well, so the rivalry's even bigger. I joke with their fans that, when I do pass away, I hope they all have a minute's applause for me at Ashton Gate and remember the good times I've given them.

'I don't want silence. I want them all to be chanting "Warnock's a w*****" over and over again. For a whole minute. That would be my ideal. They'll all smile because they'd all know that would mean a lot to me. As daft as it sounds. It matters because it would mean I've stirred emotions. I've helped people love football.'

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/193142-invading-the-pitch-warnock-merged/&page=2

3 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

'Bristol City are the enemy down here,' he says. 'And there is a lot going on when the two sides play each other. We're both doing well, so the rivalry's even bigger. I joke with their fans that, when I do pass away, I hope they all have a minute's applause for me at Ashton Gate and remember the good times I've given them.

'I don't want silence. I want them all to be chanting "Warnock's a w*****" over and over again. For a whole minute. That would be my ideal. They'll all smile because they'd all know that would mean a lot to me. As daft as it sounds. It matters because it would mean I've stirred emotions. I've helped people love football.'

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/193142-invading-the-pitch-warnock-merged/&page=2

The only way Colin helps anyone love football is to show them how it shouldn't be played . 

8 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We should take enormous pride in the fact that both Holloway and Warnock have admitted the most terrifying moments of their lives have come on the hallowed turf of Ashton Gate. Welling up here.

Yes and add Alan Curbishley to that, FA Cup 1994, said similar. For some reason it was an evil atmosphere.

15 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Quite possibly! 

Perhaps I should have put a few witty Z’s instead :yawn:

If you did you'll discover that it'll  be 'doctored' by the mods automatic system...........apparently several people took umbrage and used the report button and so now they no longer work.............

Same with Sky Bet Championship abbreviation and with Diedhiou and Kodjer. Some people just don't have a sense of humour..........:disapointed2se:

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If you did you'll discover that it'll  be 'doctored' by the mods automatic system...........apparently several people took umbrage and used the report button and so now they no longer work.............

I hope we don't sign any Polish players then. We'll never be able to write their names. :blink:

Disappointed in Warnock. If all that happened after the play off game he certainly played it down at the time.

Presumably he now thinks his long held hopes of managing City one day have evaporated in the intervening years so he can put the proverbial boot in a bit in retrospect.

37 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Disappointed in Warnock. If all that happened after the play off game he certainly played it down at the time.

I'm not sure he did play it down. He and Tango Man both accused City as "cheats" post match and there was steam coming out of Colin's ears.

He certainly hasn't forgotten it.

Despite his rants no-one can deny that whichever club he takes over he manages to turn things around and had SL sacked LJ last season Colin would have been on my list of preferred managers.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm not sure he did play it down. He and Tango Man both accused City as "cheats" post match and there was steam coming out of Colin's ears.

He certainly hasn't forgotten it.

Despite his rants no-one can deny that whichever club he takes over he manages to turn things around and had SL sacked LJ last season Colin would have been on my list of preferred managers.

He certainly did and I respected him for it

I remember him saying he was jostled, but he laughed it off, and it struck me he was deliberately not making a big thing of it.

No mention of 'flashing elbows', spitting, or being frightened.

He's exaggerating now in retrospect imo., and he's gone down in my estimation for that.

Archived