IGNORED

Scapegoat first eleven .

Major Isewater

Has every player in our team been called out as a scapegoat ? 

I am just really happy that some of my fellow fans on OTIB never make mistakes in their professional lives.

Frankie

Bryan

Maggers

Baker

Wright 

Brownhill

Pack

Smith 

Paterson 

Diedhou

Woodrow 

Subs 

Djuric

Elliasen

Diony

Flint 

Steele

Taylor

O' Neill

Every single one has been made a scapegoat at one time or another.

What does that say about our support ? 

I would say that  each of these lads give 100% when called upon and should get our ' support ' to help them through their inevitable sticky patches.

Negative criticism rarely helps someone perform at their best level .

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am just really happy that some of my fellow fans on OTIB never make mistakes in their professional lives.

Frankie

Bryan

Maggers

Baker

Wright 

Brownhill

Pack

Smith 

Paterson 

Diedhou

Woodrow 

Subs 

Djuric

Elliasen

Diony

Flint 

Steele

Taylor

O' Neill

I would say that  each of these lads give 100% when called upon and should get our ' support ' to help them through their inevitable sticky patches.

I blame you

Scapegoating someone is not the same as criticising their performances. People seem to forget that on OTIB.

It does happen sometimes, but I'd rather live in a world where people are happy to criticise than some bizarre dystopia where all we do is smile and clap no matter what.

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Scapegoating someone is not the same as criticising their performances. People seem to forget that on OTIB.

It does happen sometimes, but I'd rather live in a world where people are happy to criticise than some bizarre dystopia where all we do is smile and clap no matter what.

You mean the Mem ?

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I agree , however , I believe every player listed has , at one time or another been blamed for our team's ill fortune.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Exactly this @ZiderEyed I've only really seen discussions on where errors have been made by individual players etc, that is a big difference between making that player to be a "Scapegoat"

Sadly these errors are costing us at the moment

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Frankie

Bryan

Maggers

Baker

Wright 

Brownhill

Pack

Smith 

Paterson 

Diedhou

Woodrow 

Subs 

Djuric

Elliasen

Diony

Flint 

Steele

Taylor

O' Neill

It says we are no different from any other set of fans

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

People cannot accept that players go through dips in form. On this forum a player is two poor games away from not being good enough in a lot of people's eyes.

It sounds very arrogant but a lot of fans dont watch games properly, dont know what they are watching and are too quick to judge and re-judge.

Alternatively RedDave, some are too quick to put the players and head coach on a pedestal and talk about "when" we are in the Premier League. Most players get a pretty easy ride at our club in my opinion.

3 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

You are right, but several on that list have been a scapegoat at somepoint in their City career.

Fielding, Flint, Pack, Magnússon, Woodrow, all have definitely.

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You are right, but several on that list have been a scapegoat at somepoint in their City career.

Fielding, Flint, Pack, Magnússon, Woodrow, all have definitely.

Agree, can make a case for a few of them definitely. Even seen some blaming Baker for getting himself sent off for being the root of all this poor form.

6 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Johnson got it worse didn't he?

Hmm. I don't know - close call. Certainly both under appreciated. 

Edit: I think Johnson got it worse when we were struggling as people pulled out "he's only in the team because his dad is the manager". I seem to remember Skuse getting it ALL the time

52 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Alternatively RedDave, some are too quick to put the players and head coach on a pedestal and talk about "when" we are in the Premier League. Most players get a pretty easy ride at our club in my opinion.

Absolutely. It does work both ways. Magnussen when he signed was massively talked up.  

2 minutes ago, GlastonburyRed said:

Two words...Carl Hutchings...that is all. 

Carl Hutchins was dreadful while he was here. I’m not sure he was scapegoated Just identified as not very good (apart from his first match) 

Real scapegoats include Dave Smith, Joe Burnell, Edwards, Lee Johnson as a player. My favorite scapegoat on here of all time was Christian Edwards. I read some ***** on here going after him because he was Welsh. No wonder he turned to booze. My lord i can remember Gerry Sweeney being targeted. 

Supporters have a habit of blaming someone despite all evidence to the contrary. 

4 hours ago, RedDave said:

People cannot accept that players go through dips in form. On this forum a player is two poor games away from not being good enough in a lot of people's eyes.

It sounds very arrogant but a lot of fans dont watch games properly, dont know what they are watching and are too quick to judge and re-judge.

Do you think you “know what you’re watching” 

What makes you think you watch games “properly”

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Carl Hutchins was dreadful while he was here. I’m not sure he was scapegoated Just identified as not very good (apart from his first match) 

Real scapegoats include Dave Smith, Joe Burnell, Edwards, Lee Johnson as a player. My favorite scapegoat on here of all time was Christian Edwards. I read some ***** on here going after him because he was Welsh. No wonder he turned to booze. My lord i can remember Gerry Sweeney being targeted. 

Supporters have a habit of blaming someone despite all evidence to the contrary. 

Christian Edwards and/or Roberts...I think we had both of them at the club. 

8 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Frankie

Bryan

Maggers

Baker

Wright 

Brownhill

Pack

Smith 

Paterson 

Diedhou

Woodrow 

Subs 

Djuric

Elliasen

Diony

Flint 

Steele

Taylor

O' Neill

The problem is that they are shit with the insane money they are on

Archived